2016-2017 Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I got an email on 2/20 stating that my decision letter was arriving in the mail. It is now 2/24 and I still haven't gotten it..to be fair I live in CA but it's already been 3 business days. Where is it??? :wtf:
Mine came in the mail in CA at my parents house and I think I recall you saying you're from CA so it's gotta be coming! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Mine came in the mail in CA at my parents house and I think I recall you saying you're from CA so it's gotta be coming! Best of luck!

I received the news yesterday - unfortunately I was rejected. This one stung quite a bit and I am confused as to their reasoning :confused::(

I received the news yesterday - unfortunately I was rejected. This one stung quite a bit and I am confused as to their reasoning :confused::(
:( I'm sorry to hear that, honestly it's hard to try to understand how ad coms work altogether. Maybe you could e-mail and ask if they could give you feedback? I saw you're already in a school though, so it's definitely not the end of the world! You'll be a great docta wherever you end up I'm sure

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am sorry to hear that too :( Wish you all the best with the rest of the cycle. As califaxsj said, I am sure you will be a great doc wherever you go :) Good luck with the rest of your applications.

Officially withdrawing from the alternate list. I just got accepted to my top choice. Was a real pleasure meeting those of you interviewing on my interview day at NEOMED. I hope you all get in!!! All the best!! DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!!

Reactions: 3 users
Officially withdrawing from the alternate list. I just got accepted to my top choice. Was a real pleasure meeting those of you interviewing on my interview day at NEOMED. I hope you all get in!!! All the best!! DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!!
Congratulations! It was a pleasure riding the neomed application train with you :).

How's everyone doing? Has anyone gotten accepted recently? It's so quiet here.

It's been quiet here recently so I'll get the ball rolling again! Interviewed 3/23 IS and still waiting on a decision. I was also waitlisted here last year.

Reactions: 1 users
It's been quiet here recently so I'll get the ball rolling again! Interviewed 3/23 IS and still waiting on a decision. I was also waitlisted here last year.
Awesome. Good luck to you! I was placed in alternate list status... Do you know how far they accepted down the list last year?

Awesome. Good luck to you! I was placed in alternate list status... Do you know how far they accepted down the list last year?
They went 15 deep into the alternate list last year. The list had 100 people on it I was told. I think they might have changed the way they're doing it this year though because they have changed their admissions software and organized the interview day differently this year too. Plus, I don't remember anyone getting rejected pre-waitlist last year from the thread, whereas that already seems to have happened quite a bit this year.

They went 15 deep into the alternate list last year. The list had 100 people on it I was told. I think they might have changed the way they're doing it this year though because they have changed their admissions software and organized the interview day differently this year too. Plus, I don't remember anyone getting rejected pre-waitlist last year from the thread, whereas that already seems to have happened quite a bit this year.
Wow only 15? That is quite disappointing.... In the email this year they say "in years past NEOMED has made a significant number of admission offers to alternate list candidates." If 15 is a significant number for them I would be scared and disappointed... I hope this year they are accepting more people...

Wow only 15? That is quite disappointing.... In the email this year they say "in years past NEOMED has made a significant number of admission offers to alternate list candidates." If 15 is a significant number for them I would be scared and disappointed... I hope this year they are accepting more people...
The class is only around 35 seats for Direct Entry so even if they offer more than 15, it probably wouldn't make a significant difference.

The class is only around 35 seats for Direct Entry so even if they offer more than 15, it probably wouldn't make a significant difference.
Understand. I guess I was spoiled by some comments in the past years. Some commented 2 years ago that the list of separated into 3 tiers and they accepted people down to mid tier. Assuming 100 people were on the list, mid tier would rank in the 30s. My guess was maybe they handed out 30 offers and around 15-20 people accepted there offers. I understand they might have changed their way of accepting people though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Understand. I guess I was spoiled by some comments in the past years. Some commented 2 years ago that the list of separated into 3 tiers and they accepted people down to mid tier. Assuming 100 people were on the list, mid tier would rank in the 30s. My guess was maybe they handed out 30 offers and around 15-20 people accepted there offers. I understand they might have changed their way of accepting people though.
I believe that the process you described is correct. They may have accepted more than 15 people, but ultimately some of them withdrew. Therefore, they accepted more than the 15 they intended to enroll.

I believe that the process you described is correct. They may have accepted more than 15 people, but ultimately some of them withdrew. Therefore, they accepted more than the 15 they intended to enroll.
Interesting...but does that mean they have already accepted 20 Direct Entry candidates? I don't get the feeling that so many people have been accepted based on SDN, but who knows. I too have heard the admissions process is a bit different this year (but I have nothing to compare it to personally haha)

Bacc/MD candidates interviewed on 4/6 and will find out around 5/1 if they were accepted or denied. Maybe after then all of you will start seeing some waitlist movement.

Bacc/MD candidates interviewed on 4/6 and will find out around 5/1 if they were accepted or denied. Maybe after then all of you will start seeing some waitlist movement.
Wouldn't the bacc/MD candidates who interviewed this year be applying for a guaranteed spot in the medical school for a future year? It was my understanding that was how it works.

Just received an email from neomed indicating that the survey for alternate list will be available on April 21 and 22. It also says "The next round of M1 offers will be made prior to April 30th. Alternate list updates will occur on about the same timeline."

I'm a bit confused about what that means. Does the "next round of M1 offers" include people from alternate list or it only includes people from accelerated program and those who can be accepted without being placed on the list?

Reactions: 3 users
Got the email about the decision being sent in the mail today. And now the real wait begins.

Got the email about the decision being sent in the mail today. And now the real wait begins.

Goodluck to you! I know we were both waitlisted last year! Hoping for good news for you this cycle! Keep us posted, Please!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just received an email from neomed indicating that the survey for alternate list will be available on April 21 and 22. It also says "The next round of M1 offers will be made prior to April 30th. Alternate list updates will occur on about the same timeline."

I'm a bit confused about what that means. Does the "next round of M1 offers" include people from alternate list or it only includes people from accelerated program and those who can be accepted without being placed on the list?

I had the same question. I figured it meant offers for the BS-MD people, but the email today regarding the survey said some offers for alternate list applicants will go out before April 30th! Crazy exciting!

I had the same question. I figured it meant offers for the BS-MD people, but the email today regarding the survey said some offers for alternate list applicants will go out before April 30th! Crazy exciting!

Yea. Based on the email today everything seems to be clear. Also seems like they are planning to send out ranking info for alternate list candidates later. So exciting.

Goodluck to you! I know we were both waitlisted last year! Hoping for good news for you this cycle! Keep us posted, Please!

Yeah, long time no see haha. I will definitely keep you posted, please let me know if you get any information as well. I did not get an email today since i'm technically not waitlisted (yet). So it looks like they'll be ranking the waitlist this year? That would definitely be nice.

Idk if it's just my paranoia (because I have such poor internet connection rn), but once we complete the alternate list survey, are we supposed to receive anything via email confirming our choice? Or will it just be zilch communication 'til after the 27th? I hope NEOMED received my response and my internet didn't glitch out on me.

Idk if it's just my paranoia (because I have such poor internet connection rn), but once we complete the alternate list survey, are we supposed to receive anything via email confirming our choice? Or will it just be zilch communication 'til after the 27th? I hope NEOMED received my response and my internet didn't glitch out on me.
I did not receive any confirmation so I emailed Ms Munger. She confirmed that the system has recorded my response.

If you are concerned you can email her no problem :)

Same. No confirmation so I emailed. They responded that is was received.

Wouldn't the bacc/MD candidates who interviewed this year be applying for a guaranteed spot in the medical school for a future year? It was my understanding that was how it works.

You are correct. I just thought that perhaps the Admissions committee was wrapping all that up before moving back to Direct Entry.

Hopefully offers will go out the end of this week like the email said. Y'all, Goodluck and please post asap if you hear anything! :)

The wait has been tough this week. They'll know exactly who are on the list within a day and first batch of acceptances will go out within 4 days! Really can't wait.

And the concludes the survey! Hopefully we are able to see some ranking results soon

Anyone heard of anything today?

My dad said I received something in the mail from NEOMED and he's waiting for me to open it, but I'm currently out of town for a week. Totally wasn't expecting it, thought they'd email first. Could it be an update in the alternate list?

Hope it's good news!

My dad said I received something in the mail from NEOMED and he's waiting for me to open it, but I'm currently out of town for a week. Totally wasn't expecting it, thought they'd email first. Could it be an update in the alternate list?

Hope it's good news!
That sounds promising! Finger cross and good luck!

Also thought they would email for the alternate list. That could be the acceptance letter!

Last edited:

Hope it's good news!

Wow. You're more patient than I will ever be. I'd be face timing my dad and make him open it and read it to me. Lol. Wishing you the very best! Keep us posted.

Wow. You're more patient than I will ever be. I'd be face timing my dad and make him open it and read it to me. Lol. Wishing you the very best! Keep us posted.

Yep same. I would even take a vacation day from work just to rush back and open the letter.

I guess no emails or calls from anyone here today. :( I should stop checking my phone every 5 mins

Just received an email with my waitlist position! There is one line that is making me worried.

"We anticipate your ranking potentially changing once in late May, and then it will remain in effect for the duration of the 2017 admission cycle"

The question is... will the waitlist ranking position move down or up? Any thoughts?

Anyone heard anything about a new waitlist rank?

Accepted from the waitlist last week! Hopefully there are more to come!!

Are any current students able to recommend where to live around NEOMED? I'm trying to live on a pretty strict budget, so looking for cheap housing. Also, can you speak a little bit about the classroom attendance and how many people actually go to classes versus watching taped lectures? Any input/information about life at NEOMED is appreciated!!

Accepted off the waitlist (I was around #28 and technically OOS, though I lived in Ohio for my undergrad) :) If anyone is reading this post in future years, feel free to reach out to me with any questions. It can be hard finding information or advice through internet searches alone. And if the Dean of Admissions is reading this, hi Dean of Admissions! (He seemed to know what was on these forums)

Last edited:
I know it's been a while since my last post and I thought I'd update you all of my status: ACCEPTED!