2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s convocation today. We might not hear anything since they could be busy !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point I’m convinced the WL is a scam and the class is full already lmao.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 11 users
I noticed a ~8 person increase in the FB group over the weekend. Do y'all think this means WL movement started and no one has posted?

I noticed a ~8 person increase in the FB group over the weekend. Do y'all think this means WL movement started and no one has posted?

Can we chill with the # of people in FB and GroupMe talk? It’s only heightening stress and doesn’t change anything

• Love
I called OSUCOM admissions and was told waitlist movement was happening already every day

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone contacted the admissions office about if the class is full? I'm wondering if that's the case

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Does OSU accept update letters as plain emails or do they prefer the update letter in the form of a word document or PDF document?

My two cents is that with such a large sample size as SDN, there likely has been earnest waitlist movement thus far, seeing as no one has posted any acceptances. I'm also quite hopeful that the class isn't full yet--that would basically be unheard of, and I have heard from current and incoming students that waitlist movement is expected. Obviously, there are no promises but everyone hang in there!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I just sent an update letter to OSU recently. Fingers crossed that gives good acceptance karma.

has anyone tried asking what their rank on the WL is
People have done that before? Like asking via email? Idk how OSU is about that, UMaryland where I also got WL at showed us our WL ranking, but UMaryland's waitlist is harder to get accepted out of.

i know people who applied last year who did this!
Maybe i'll shoot an email to them about my ranking in the waitlist next week, maybe possibly ask for advisement on the next best steps forward, like seeing when the latest waitlist movement will occur and if I should seriously consider reapplying.

Hi hopeful Buckeyes, Im an M2 at Ohio State. I got an Interview in November, got deferred in December, and didn't get off the list until late May. I have friends who got off the deferred list as late as July. I know (from 6 months of personal experience) it's brutal waiting on the Deferred/waitlist, but you still have a chance. If you want to ask more about being deferred or, accepted student included, or you have questions about OSUCOM in general feel free to reach out with a DM. Good Luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
For those currently deferred/waitlisted. We’re there people on this list that DIDNT eventually get accepted/ we’re rejected in May or June from previous cycles and threads or folks you know? Be specific please. Good luck to all. I’m sure and still believing we will get the acceptance!

For those currently deferred/waitlisted. We’re there people on this list that DIDNT eventually get accepted/ we’re rejected in May or June from previous cycles and threads or folks you know? Be specific please. Good luck to all. I’m sure and still believing we will get the acceptance!
I’m sure there are there is no way that everyone off a waitlist is getting accepted…and with this years movement it’s not looking good.

I think I read somewhere that half of the incoming class comes off of the waitlist, so definitely don’t lose hope

• Love
someone reported an R 2 days ago on cycletrack.org anyone know anything about this? i wonder if it is a post-WL R or something?

I don’t think movement is fully over - both the fb and GroupMe are hovering around ~180. Considering some of those are admin, I’d say 25-30 spots are still open (unless not everyone is in these groups) but I’d say there will still be some small trickles throughout the summer

In the note that OSU sent to deferred students, they said that "decisions by the Admissions Committee are released every two weeks until the end of the application cycle". The last time someone posted an A on here was May 10th, so maybe we could expect some movement this Wednesday (May 24th) if seats are available. They've had more sporadic movement in cycles past, but it's possible that they are doing As in batches this cycle. Hoping for some movement soon! :)

Yeah there’s definitely a chance there’ll be some movement for sure. But idk if I’ll have the chance bc a school I have an A has their CTE deadline a month in advance.
Email and/or call admissions and let them know. If they're aware of the situation they should be able to work with it (hopefully).

Is OSU med school and surrounding areas bike friendly? Do they have designated bike paths? Also is possible to bike during winter and fall?

Is OSU med school and surrounding areas bike friendly? Do they have designated bike paths? Also is possible to bike during winter and fall?
I went to OSU for undergrad. It’s generally bike friendly. Some streets have bike paths but not anything super close to med campus, so you’ll just be on the street, but drivers are generally aware of that. Columbus streets and OSU (not off campus) sidewalks are cleared super quickly so you should be fine.

Withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck y’all

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew from WL. Not sure what was going on here--communication was poor and a decision was never even "reached" on my application. Doesn't seem like they really took anyone off the WL. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew from WL. Not sure what was going on here--communication was poor and a decision was never even "reached" on my application. Doesn't seem like they really took anyone off the WL. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
I agree. Communication this cycle was so sparse - it really felt like pulling teeth trying to get info from the adcom. pretty disappointing.

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew from the WL, best of luck everyone! Like others here, OSU didn’t really communicate with me a whole lot after the WL decision.
+1, CTE for another program was today and had no clue on anything that OSU was up to (never once answered my calls or responded to my emails). Best of luck to everyone else!

+1, CTE for another program was today and had no clue on anything that OSU was up to (never once answered my calls or responded to my emails). Best of luck to everyone else!
wait you were WL and they never answered you? the people that work in the office are pretty useless. they respond to my emails with the same copy-and-paste response that doesn't answer my question, but they always responded to me

wait you were WL and they never answered you? the people that work in the office are pretty useless. they respond to my emails with the same copy-and-paste response that doesn't answer my question, but they always responded to me
I get these responses too but I am 99% certain they are automated responses.

To answer your question, yes I was placed on the WL and they never once actually had a human give me information afterwards (at least as far as I can tell). Meanwhile at the other program I was waitlisted at, they would tell me my exact position, how many applicants were in front of me on the waitlist, and how much they were moving every time I emailed them. I also withdrew from the waitlist there bc of my CTE deadline at the program I committed to today, however this other program I was waitlisted at encouraged me to make this decision even though they were nearing my spot because they wanted to ensure I had an acceptance somewhere rather than hold onto a chance I would get off their waitlist.

Ohio State turned out to be very disappointing. Can't win them all I guess.

• Care
Does anyone else find it strange we haven't really heard about waitlist movement much this summer?

They said all the seats are filled in the class at the moment. 😭
That's different from what people said about past cycles, where they said OSU had 48-50% of their class filled by waitlist. Looks like there's virtually no hope with big wl movement then if the class is full. I wish OSU makes an update like this for their MSAR waitlist info for future cycles.