2021-2022 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A off the waitlist. Very excited!

Reactions: 2 users
withdrew my A this morning yall. Good luck to all the future Docs!!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance this week in the hopes that someone gets a life changing email!

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew my A at the beginning of this month but I didn’t hear anything back and I’m still getting emails (second look, etc). Not sure if this is normal or if I should resend the email ?

I withdrew my A at the beginning of this month but I didn’t hear anything back and I’m still getting emails (second look, etc). Not sure if this is normal or if I should resend the email ?
Did you send the email to [email protected]? I received a confirmation email shortly after with a link to an exit survey.

Yep I sent it to that email address. Didn’t receive any confirmation
Then I would resend it. They’re usually very communicative so it’s possible your email was overlooked for whatever reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep I sent it to that email address. Didn’t receive any confirmation
they not lettin you withdraw lol. Sorry buddy, you're going to NEOMED next fall :rofl:. It is what it is

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Is there a waitlist for doubles at the village right now? This is currently my only A and I would love to live in the village, but just waiting to hear back from a couple of WL spots so a little nervous to commit to anything yet.

Admitted off of the waitlist today! I was on the “high priority” list and attended second look.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey! I’m an M1 looking to sublease my apartment at The Village at NEOMED. It’s a double apartment ($1598/month) but I’ll take $200 off, so your rent would be $1398 (or $699/person if you have a roommate). This is probably the best deal you can get at the village, as the single rooms already have a waitlist.

Also, hang in there if you’re waiting for the A. I didn’t get accepted until May 12th!!! Text me (814)515-0124.
Did you get waitlisted the first round in December? Do you mind sharing your stats?
No I got waitlisted in feb,
MCAT : 499
GPA: 3.6

Will they let us know our number on the waitlist? I had heard they did that in May but can't really find any info about it...

Will they let us know our number on the waitlist? I had heard they did that in May but can't really find any info about it...
I thought it wasn’t ranked cause of problems from other years. There’s a priority list but idk how many people are on it.

Withdrew my A! Best of luck to everyone!

• Care
anybody gotten off of the waitlist after the May 2nd deadline passed?

I got a waitlist update email. Anyone else get it and what do y’all think?

Email is saying that candidates are continuing to to move up the waitlist as people commit to other schools. Talked about their early assurance program should we not get off of the waitlist (only offered to people on the waitlist)…. Does this mean I am far down on the list if some people aren’t getting it?

Email is saying that candidates are continuing to to move up the waitlist as people commit to other schools. Talked about their early assurance program should we not get off of the waitlist (only offered to people on the waitlist)…. Does this mean I am far down on the list if some people aren’t getting it?
As in early assurance program for reapplying next year?

I probably wouldn't make too much out of it, I don't think it means good or bad lol

Do this and get early assurance for matriculating July 2023 I believe. 20 spots.
Well, doesn’t sound like a bad thing to me to be offered 1/20 spots for something!

Do this and get early assurance for matriculating July 2023 I believe. 20 spots.
So you are 100% guaranteed a spot next year or you’re likely to get one?

Accepted off of WL, just got the call this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off the WL this morning :) LM 70.3, OOS with no ties. Withdrawing my A, good luck to everyone!!

What's LM haha what was your Mcat and GPA if you don't mind sharing?
LM is the LizzyM score! There's a calculator on SDN developed by LizzyM (an adcom member who's pretty active on this forum.) It combines the GPA and MCAT into a numerical value. It isn't the only predictor of med school admissions but it's a nice quantifier of the numerical portion of the application.

My gap and MCAT were cGPA 3.7x/sGPA 3.6x, MCAT 514 :)

So that email I mentioned, I think they sent only to URMs on the waitlist according to previous year posts.

Do people get responses back to their emails? Lol I emailed a while ago and just haven’t gotten a response at all 🧐

Is the only way they will get new spots if people committed get off a waitlist somewhere else and change or do they still have spots from the May 2nd deadline and they just go through them slowly? I just expected to see a lot more movement after the deadline than was posted here.

I’m not sure, but on last year’s thread it looks like they had batches in mid may, june, all the way until July