2021-2022 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you again for considering Northeast Ohio Medical University in your future medical school plans. On behalf of the Office of Admission, The College of Medicine at NEOMED, and all of our alumni and clinical faculty volunteer interviewers, it was our pleasure to get to know you through your interview and reading your entire application file.

Just a few updates about where you are in the medical school admission process. Please note that we do not have an acceptance decision for you at this point in time. This email is to stay in touch.

• Your admission credentials file is now complete and ready for the acceptance review by the college admissions committee. We will communicate the results as soon as they are available following monthly committee meetings. We intend to communicate our initial candidate decisions in rounds starting in December and February. Beginning in March we intent to accept candidates on a rolling basis in small rounds.
  • The majority of our candidates are likely to first move to alternate list status until either a seat opens at NEOMED or candidates make another decision. We will also notify candidates of alternate list status once that admission decision is rendered. Alternate list status means that a candidate is deemed acceptable for admission but we are awaiting seat availability.
  • While we encourage all candidates to keep working to prepare for medical school, regrettably we do not re-review candidates' credentials based upon additional experiences or updates to ensure an equitable credential evaluation process for all. While we are always glad to answer any questions and correspond, please do not send us updates for inclusion in your credentials file. We do not re-assess candidates at this point.
  • While your application status is under review, it is never too early to start familiarizing yourself with our scholarships and associated financial aidprocessing timelines and opportunities.
  • Please begin to familiarize yourselves with the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool for use in the spring. NEOMED policy states that all candidates with acceptance commitment deposits with NEOMED must elect the "Commit to Enroll" status with NEOMED effective June 15th.
Thank you again for the time and effort you invested interviewing with us. You are an amazing candidate and are in the top 15% of our applicant pool. We truly hope that if we have a seat for you that you strongly consider NEOMED for your medical education.

We will be in touch immediately when we have an update for you between now and July.
Thanks! I interviewed end of October so not sure why i didn’t get an email :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hurts I did not get that email :/ this is my first choice. Went to an in person tour yesterday and was told at the earliest the first batch will probably get decisions on the 15th. Not all decisions are at once… they give decisions out in batches so if u don’t hear back soon (December) it doesn’t mean ur out.

Reactions: 1 user
I lied I just got the email, interviewed in september

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you again for considering Northeast Ohio Medical University in your future medical school plans. On behalf of the Office of Admission, The College of Medicine at NEOMED, and all of our alumni and clinical faculty volunteer interviewers, it was our pleasure to get to know you through your interview and reading your entire application file.

Just a few updates about where you are in the medical school admission process. Please note that we do not have an acceptance decision for you at this point in time. This email is to stay in touch.

• Your admission credentials file is now complete and ready for the acceptance review by the college admissions committee. We will communicate the results as soon as they are available following monthly committee meetings. We intend to communicate our initial candidate decisions in rounds starting in December and February. Beginning in March we intent to accept candidates on a rolling basis in small rounds.
  • The majority of our candidates are likely to first move to alternate list status until either a seat opens at NEOMED or candidates make another decision. We will also notify candidates of alternate list status once that admission decision is rendered. Alternate list status means that a candidate is deemed acceptable for admission but we are awaiting seat availability.
  • While we encourage all candidates to keep working to prepare for medical school, regrettably we do not re-review candidates' credentials based upon additional experiences or updates to ensure an equitable credential evaluation process for all. While we are always glad to answer any questions and correspond, please do not send us updates for inclusion in your credentials file. We do not re-assess candidates at this point.
  • While your application status is under review, it is never too early to start familiarizing yourself with our scholarships and associated financial aidprocessing timelines and opportunities.
  • Please begin to familiarize yourselves with the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool for use in the spring. NEOMED policy states that all candidates with acceptance commitment deposits with NEOMED must elect the "Commit to Enroll" status with NEOMED effective June 15th.
Thank you again for the time and effort you invested interviewing with us. You are an amazing candidate and are in the top 15% of our applicant pool. We truly hope that if we have a seat for you that you strongly consider NEOMED for your medical education.

We will be in touch immediately when we have an update for you between now and July.
Can someone explain this to me? Apparently, finals week means my brain doesn't work anymore.

I am so confused by what this means. So they accept people starting in December? And if all the seats are filled by the time you receive an acceptance you are placed on the alternate list until someone who was accepted declines? Is it basically just like any other waitlist then? Help lol.

Hurts I did not get that email :/ this is my first choice. Went to an in person tour yesterday and was told at the earliest the first batch will probably get decisions on the 15th. Not all decisions are at once… they give decisions out in batches so if u don’t hear back soon (December) it doesn’t mean ur out.
Where did you go to sign up for an in person tour? :)

Where did you go to sign up for an in person tour? :)
On the website, it’s pretty easy to find and I can send u a link if needed. People at different stages were there including high school students interested in early assurance programs for undergrad and etc

Last edited:
If I interviewed here yesterday do you think my decision would be included in the mid December decisions sent out?

I didnt get an email but I interviewed in november… does that mean I won’t find out in december?

I didnt get an email but I interviewed in november… does that mean I won’t find out in december?
Hi, I didn't get an email either. I also interviewed in November and they told me at the interview I should hear back in mid-december. So still hoping to hear back soon!

Can someone explain this to me? Apparently, finals week means my brain doesn't work anymore.

I am so confused by what this means. So they accept people starting in December? And if all the seats are filled by the time you receive an acceptance you are placed on the alternate list until someone who was accepted declines? Is it basically just like any other waitlist then? Help lol.
According to last year on SDN, a majority of everyone was put on the alternate list instead of an immediate A. I think they are warning us about the big waitlist (~400 people) that gets a decent amount of movement

I know we heard mid december, but I never heard anything about specific days. Where did you find out about that?
I went to an in person tour and was told the earliest would be dec 15 after I asked

Members don't see this ad :)
So are we expecting the first round of decisions to come sometime this Wednesday or Thursday?
These decisions are rolling correct? In other words, Dec. 15 decisions are from much earlier interview dates?

Hi, I didn't get an email either. I also interviewed in November and they told me at the interview I should hear back in mid-december. So still hoping to hear back soon!
Nevermind, I just got this email. Anybody else who interviewed in November?

Got the "Thank You for Interviewing" e-mail and almost had a heart attack thinking it was a decision e-mail

Just got the call!

It was a reminder to renew the warranty on my vehicle. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Maybe it’s tomorrow… the thread from last year started hearing back on the 16th?

I don’t think we’re hearing back today, they just said mid-december not a specific day

Just checked last year’s thread as well, and it seems like everyone got the email at around 12:30PM on Dec 16. So maybe we’ll get something around noon tomorrow?

Just checked last year’s thread as well, and it seems like everyone got the email at around 12:30PM on Dec 16. So maybe we’ll get something around noon tomorrow?
last year dec 16th was a saturday, seems a bit odd, not sure what we can extrapolate from that haha

Hello! Are there any current NEOMED students willing to answer a few questions for me via email or text? Just received my II and would love to get more details on the curriculum and such!

accepted!! my first A!!!! holy crap guys!!! good luck to all :)

Reactions: 10 users
Just received my first MD acceptance here omg 😭😭😭!! Incredibly grateful! Interviewed in November and thought I did awful so don’t lose hope you guys!! Fingers crossed for you all!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED!!! I’ve been crying in my car and I’m completely speechless. So many years of hard work, two cycles, and grey hairs from stress. I’m so grateful. Can’t wait to see you all next year!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
ACCEPTED!!! I’ve been crying in my car and I’m completely speechless. So many years of hard work, two cycles, and grey hairs from stress. I’m so grateful. Can’t wait to see you all next year!
Congrats! When did you interview?