2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Northeast Ohio Medical University

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Does anyone know how to submit LORs? They don't use AMCAS's letter service and I've emailed admissions, but haven't heard back yet. Would appreciate any info!

Hey! Does anyone know how to submit LORs? They don't use AMCAS's letter service and I've emailed admissions, but haven't heard back yet. Would appreciate any info!

They do not utilize LORs last I checked!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, M1 here (currently doing orientation and such, so haven't started classes yet). I didn't get my secondary until July 19th last year and that was when AAMC was running on their normal schedule. Since they delayed transmission of apps to schools, NEOMED's secondary will be sent out even later.

Hey guys, M1 here (currently doing orientation and such, so haven't started classes yet). I didn't get my secondary until July 19th last year and that was when AAMC was running on their normal schedule. Since they delayed transmission of apps to schools, NEOMED's secondary will be sent out even later.
Thanks for the info! I’m tracking AAMC released applications on July 10 to schools. How were you notified to complete secondary application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info! I’m tracking AAMC released applications on July 10 to schools. How were you notified to complete secondary application?

The secondary was sent via email through the AAMC Gateway with the subject line "Northeast Ohio Medical University Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application"

They also say that they'll begin II in mid-August

Does anyone know where I can find what qualifies for the prerequisite courses? For instance, my school requires two semesters of organic chemistry, but only one semester of lab, so do I have to say I didn't fulfill this requirement?

Did anyone get else get an email saying that your primary app was received and under review? They said they may send a secondary application invite later on.

Did anyone get else get an email saying that your primary app was received and under review? They said they may send a secondary application invite later on.
I didn't and got secondary today OOS

Yup! I also got that email

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary submitted. Here's to hoping that as a student of a linked university (personally know literally dozens of current NEOMED students) that they don't question why I didn't do early decision lol

Can someone post prompts for secondary please? Waiting on my primary to get verified and trying to get ahead in the meantime!

Can someone post prompts for secondary please? Waiting on my primary to get verified and trying to get ahead in the meantime!

This is the only "real" essay for NEOMED:

Please complete a brief personal statement of 5,000 characters or fewer addressing the question below:
What do you hope to achieve from your experience as a NEOMED student?

However, there are some boxes to elaborate on legacy, violations, and crimes.

Got the secondary today; OOS

This is the only "real" essay for NEOMED:

Please complete a brief personal statement of 5,000 characters or fewer addressing the question below:
What do you hope to achieve from your experience as a NEOMED student?

However, there are some boxes to elaborate on legacy, violations, and crimes.

Got the secondary today; OOS

Thank you so much!!

Submitted secondary 7/29. just got an email saying they received it and will spend the next day to a wk looking over the transcript data to prepare my app for the next review stages

Secondary complete today 8/2. I think I’m considered in state but not sure.
I went to an Ohio high school and university, and my permanent address is in Ohio, but I have lived elsewhere for the past 12 months due to a fellowship. Does anyone know what this means for my state designation?

Secondary complete today 8/2. I think I’m considered in state but not sure.
I went to an Ohio high school and university, and my permanent address is in Ohio, but I have lived elsewhere for the past 12 months due to a fellowship. Does anyone know what this means for my state designation?

I'm in a similar situation. Lived abroad for 9 months. However, we're both considered in-state due to the "Forever Buckeye" clause

yes I got that email last week, no secondary yet either

Does anyone know more information about the co-curricular options? I am trying to learn more about the new curriculum but it seems like there isn’t too much detail online.

Anyone else having trouble contacting admissions? I've emailed the lady a couple times without a response.

Anyone else having trouble contacting admissions? I've emailed the lady a couple times without a response.
Yep, emailed quite a few different emails and gotten no response from anyone.

Submitted secondary 7/29. just got an email saying they received it and will spend the next day to a wk looking over the transcript data to prepare my app for the next review stages
did you get an update email yet for the transcript data? also submitted 7/29 and they have yet to email back. I figure they probably have a huge volume atm though

does anyone know if they compare your secondary essay with the one from your last application cycle? I'm finding it hard to completely change it

do they send out secondaries before receiving pending MCAT scores? I still haven't gotten a secondary but I have a pending score

Did anyone incorporate a diversity/other essay in addition to why NEOMED? Or mostly just focused on why this school + any connections to the area

• Haha
Did anyone incorporate a diversity/other essay in addition to why NEOMED? Or mostly just focused on why this school + any connections to the area

I talked about my niche academic interests and how NEOMED would allow me to apply+ expand such interests

Did anybody ever get an e-mail saying that their transcript review was complete? The e-mail suggested that this would take less than a week from the secondary complete e-mail.

I focused on why them/connections to the area, though I am actually from NEO. I think a generic diversity essay is something they're definitely not looking for.

Hey all, when I was writing my secondary essay I made it all about how NEOMED could help me achieve my goals. I looked through the resources on the website and talked about how specific things they offered or had on campus aligned with my personal values and goals for medical education and my career. I have no ties to the area, so I couldn't talk about that *shrug*.

I was really scared my lack of ties would prevent me from getting in, but it worked out in the end!! If anyone has any questions about the new curriculum (or really anything else about the school), feel free to message me! My class is the first to have the fully integrated Peer Instruction and Systems-Based classes at NEOMED.

Reactions: 1 users