2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I got that email too. I'm fairly certain its a new program, between the language of the email and never having heard of it before, at least in my corner of the woods.
Just looked it up out of curiosity, and if that guaranteed acceptance is legit, it's a steal! Tuition is only like 8k

Members don't see this ad.

Ooh, I didn't get that email. Wonder if that means anything...
I didn’t either but I haven’t gotten any spam emails from any schools about their masters programs either. I’m pretty sure you only get them if you don’t click a button when you submit AMCAS or something

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t either but I haven’t gotten any spam emails from any schools about their masters programs either. I’m pretty sure you only get them if you don’t click a button when you submit AMCAS or something

That's the thing, I've been getting a crapton of those! Like "Check out our doctoral certificate in legal podiatry! Only costs $200,000!" and all that nonsense, lol

It didn't read like a spam email, at least to me. The email mentioned it was by invitation, 16 seats open. I don't know how true it is, but apparently theres a URM bias but I wouldn't consider myself URM at most schools/regions (Vietnamese background)

Reactions: 1 user
It didn't read like a spam email, at least to me. The email mentioned it was by invitation, 16 seats open. I don't know how true it is, but apparently theres a URM bias but I wouldn't consider myself URM at most schools/regions (Vietnamese background)
I guess I meant not spam in the traditional sense but spam in the sense of information not pertaining to my med school application (aka Podiatry/SMP advertisements)

It definitely sounds like a real thing to me. NEOMED does stuff like this anyways lol

Though now I am curious why I didn’t get an email. Is it because I’m ORM? Hmm.. Who knows!

Though now I am curious why I didn’t get an email. Is it because I’m ORM? Hmm.. Who knows!
Yea I got sent it because it said I am URM, which is true. But has anyone ever done this program? Or is new this year?

Does this email mention of the application is directly taking information from your am as application or is it having to refill all the infor again and writing a ps again and getting a recommendation letter again?

Does this email mention of the application is directly taking information from your am as application or is it having to refill all the infor again and writing a ps again and getting a recommendation letter again?
Not its like an alternative

So, uh, if I'm reading that email correctly, they've already accepted 100 people off the waitlist?

Feelsbadman.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Update email just received. Interesting that they state they’ve accepted students off of their alt list already considering that has not been reflected here. Here’s to hoping that’s one of us soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, uh, if I'm reading that email correctly, they've already accepted 100 people off the waitlist?

Feelsbadman.jpg
I am wondering if that’s 100 WL acceptances or total acceptances including the original two decision dates.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I am wondering if that’s 100 WL acceptances or total acceptances including the original two decision dates.

Ah, that could be. Looking at it again, the wording is kinda ambiguous.

This whole process is The Literal Worst, lol

Reactions: 5 users

Feelsbadman.jpg
I think Jim meant they've already accepted 100 and that they're just now starting WL movement procedures, basing it off our infamously ambigous NE OH grammar.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Received the communication email on why they will not communicate:)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Ah, that could be. Looking at it again, the wording is kinda ambiguous.

This whole process is The Literal Worst, lol
It's gotta be 100 total acceptances, from both decision dates and the early parts of the alternate list. 100 purely off the WL this early seems WILD

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
It's gotta be 100 total acceptances, from both decision dates and the early parts of the alternate list. 100 purely off the WL this early seems WILD

I agree lmao I read that first and was like no way...and not even a single communication on SDN? Granted, I know not everyone uses this forum but 100 seems like a lot

damn, NEOMED really pulled out the "when you gotta meet the word count" card...

email translation = keep waiting :rofl::rofl:

I appreciate them reaching out, not much either side can do but wait

• Haha
Duck this email gave me a heart attack. I was thought that they pulled hundred from wl and so I don't stand a chance this cycle.... Cuz clearly they picked from mom and population but I mean it's unlikely that they could do that without a single one coming to let us know that they started. Unless of course they asked the candidates to keep the lid shut....idk anything amymore

Duck this email gave me a heart attack. I was thought that they pulled hundred from wl and so I don't stand a chance this cycle.... Cuz clearly they picked from mom and population but I mean it's unlikely that they could do that without a single one coming to let us know that they started. Unless of course they asked the candidates to keep the lid shut....idk anything amymore
Asking candidates to stay quiet about being accepted? That's..... unheard of.

Asking candidates to stay quiet about being accepted? That's..... unheard of.
That was kinda a joke but I forgot to put the 😂 there, my bad, and as I am typing this, I realize it's not that strong of a joke anyways...

Well I mean if I want to be frank, its like 6 of us posting here... so I wouldn't be surprised if they have pulled 100s out of the WL without SDN being notified.

• Haha
Well I mean if I want to be frank, its like 6 of us posting here... so I wouldn't be surprised if they have pulled 100s out of the WL without SDN being notified.
But still even if I was not posting on sdn, I would still come up here and at least let people know that they'd started moving the big ol WL

But still even if I was not posting on sdn, I would still come up here and at least let people know that they'd started moving the big ol WL
I guess yeah. You are probably right.

Case has done it all cycle lol. Wouldn’t surprise me tbh

After they decided not to release the waitlist ranking, I will not be surprised at all... that was the biggest rug pull of all time...

So MSAR data states that ~400 people are on the WL and 161 receive acceptance offers. Does anyone know how accurate this data is lmao (sorry if this has already been asked!)

So MSAR data states that ~400 people are on the WL and 161 receive acceptance offers. Does anyone know how accurate this data is lmao (sorry if this has already been asked!)
I’m no calculator but my napkin math says they’ve got 60 more acceptances to give. What a pitifully large WL. I’m almost glad they don’t rank it lol

I’m no calculator but my napkin math says they’ve got 60 more acceptances to give. What a pitifully large WL. I’m almost glad they don’t rank it lol
I think you mean they still have 160 more As to go. They probably only gave out 100 to the regular decisions

• Dislike
I think you mean they still have 160 more As to go. They probably only gave out 100 to the regular decisions
This is why I’m not a calculator lmao. You’re definitely better at reading comprehension than I am

I have been anxiously watching this page for months and this reply is my first post in here lol. Thank you for motivating me enough to create an account just to reply to this haha.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
I have been anxiously watching this page for months and this reply is my first post in here lol. Thank you for motivating me enough to create an account just to reply to this haha.
Me🤝Giving unintended motivation 😂😁
Kidding aside, wish u all the best !

They did, I do remember someone with 299 getting that A, but the reason they got their 160 number in the wl is because of condensing the wl in March by a survey. That way someone who was number 160 went to maybe number 110 think...

This application cycle has been quite the roller coaster ride. Just when it looks like the end is in sight there is another suprise upsidedown triple g-force loop.

• Care
You never know all of us might get in this COVID cycle might play in our favor somehow. At the end of the day two things are certain 1 we’re gonna end up where we’re meant to be 2 Jim Barrett is a walking living legend🤣

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
They did, I do remember someone with 299 getting that A, but the reason they got their 160 number in the wl is because of condensing the wl in March by a survey. That way someone who was number 160 went to maybe number 110 think...
Let me clarify just cuz it seemed to worded in a misleading way. The 299 who got the A was not in line meaning they jumped from I think 74 in the wl to them and others and then back to usual wl line. The applicant were pretty surprised to put it mildly about the wl line not being followed, which I think is the reason for their decision this cycle.

Oh my based on last year's thread, NEOMED was pulling off the waitlist as late as July 13? -_- G R E A T H O W F U N

Hey I got that email too. I'm fairly certain its a new program, between the language of the email and never having heard of it before, at least in my corner of the woods.
This program is actually been out for quite a while now, but they just started last year or two ago about the guaranteed acceptance into the college of medicine. These emails are only sent to URMs who are on the alternative list of the current application cycle. Those students are called MAS and they take classes with us for the whole year that has anything to do with anatomy. I heard you have to do well (minimum B) in order to get the seat for next year. Let me know if you have more questions about it!

This program is actually been out for quite a while now, but they just started last year or two ago about the guaranteed acceptance into the college of medicine. These emails are only sent to URMs who are on the alternative list of the current application cycle. Those students are called MAS and they take classes with us for the whole year that has anything to do with anatomy. I heard you have to do well (minimum B) in order to get the seat for next year. Let me know if you have more questions about it!
What about those who didn't get the email, can they get a guaranteed seat as well or is it only for urms?

So did anyone hear anything so far or is it really just gonna be after may?😅

• Haha
What about those who didn't get the email, can they get a guaranteed seat as well or is it only for urms?
I believe those individuals who received the email are all URM and this specific program only takes URM for the guaranteed seat.

Did anyone see the new 2022 waitlist data that AAMC recently released? NEOMED has 450 students on the waitlist! Whaaaat.

• Haha