2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi! did you ever get a reply on your email asking if letters of intent are accepted? thanks!
Yes they replied and said they’re accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewing this week, any tips from accepted students?
Be yourself and relax. I was so shocked/impressed how chill and cool each of my interviewers were. Be interested in your interviewers as well. I asked multiple questions to each of them and I think they liked that a lot. Be ready to explain why you like Ohio State!

Members don't see this ad :)
Been complete since early august and nothing since. Planning to send in an update this week. Is silence with no pre-II hold a good sign and would a minor update help? I’m on the waitlist for 1 other MD program.
Same here. Complete in July and have already sent in two updates. One saying I am getting published and another a letter of intent telling them OSU is my top choice. I still haven't heard back a thing. It can't hurt to send an update but don't get your hopes up.

Reactions: 2 users
just withdrew my A - I hope there is some WL movement soon for those still waiting!!

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else unhappy with the announcement (in an email today) that financial aid decisions will be available starting April 18th? Exactly one day after decisions need to be narrowed to 3 schools. Is that timing intentional?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else unhappy with the announcement (in an email today) that financial aid decisions will be available starting April 18th? Exactly one day after decisions need to be narrowed to 3 schools. Is that timing intentional?
you don't have to narrow down to 3 I believe. It's just a suggestion.

I saw on MSAR the new estimated number of entrants is 224, an increase from the previous 201. Does anyone know if this applies to this cycle as well?

Did anyone get mismatching dates to check the vitals portal for their decision? The email I got after the interview said April 7th, but the post card in the mail say March 29th.

Did anyone get mismatching dates to check the vitals portal for their decision? The email I got after the interview said April 7th, but the post card in the mail say March 29th.

Haven’t got a post card yet, will update comment to lyk. My email said April 7th and Dr. Rankind mentioned that date as well

I got the postcard as well thanking me for interviewing and saying to check the portal in the 29th. I didn’t apply for the primary track but I just found out about a 3 year accelerated track. How do you pay for that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all I've been deferred since November and I am starting to totally lose hope. I feel like if they haven't decided after all these months than its gonna be an R :bang:

Y'all I've been deferred since November and I am starting to totally lose hope. I feel like if they haven't decided after all these months than its gonna be an R :bang:
Nahh you should be fine, one of my friends that goes there now was deferred since December and got in April 30, OSU just likes to play games lol

Last edited:
Was this the last week of interviews the OSUCOM website says interview season ends in March asking for my friend
My friend emailed two days ago and all he got was a very vague "Our office will be interviewing and deliberating through April 2023". So yeah just not very clear. I feel like if they were done sending interview invites, they would have just said that, so maybe they're still going.

Reactions: 4 users
I got the postcard as well thanking me for interviewing and saying to check the portal in the 29th. I didn’t apply for the primary track but I just found out about a 3 year accelerated track. How do you pay for that?
You have to ask for a separate secondary earlier in the year. However, you aren't allowed to apply to both normal MD and the PCT based on what I read.

Haven’t got a post card yet, will update comment to lyk. My email said April 7th and Dr. Rankind mentioned that date as well

+1. Dr. Rankin said April 7, email said April 7. Postcard says March 29.

Question for any current students lurking...
Does Ohio State drug test upon acceptance? Asking for a friend from a state where marijuana is legal...

i checked my AMCAS portal today and saw “accepted” under the choose your medical school tool. said it was posted today around 11 am est. i only have waitlists from other schools so the tool had not shown up before.

i checked my AMCAS portal today and saw “accepted” under the choose your medical school tool. said it was posted today around 11 am est. i only have waitlists from other schools so the tool had not shown up before.
I thought this was a fluke! But I checked and guess who is gonna be a buckeye. This is my second acceptance today and my 3rd acceptance overall! I’m very happy! I’m very grateful for God!

• Love
Did they say when second look was? The Dr. That I interviewed with said it would be mid April and it would be I person. He also invited me to check out his garden of lilacs

I thought this was a fluke! But I checked and guess who is gonna be a buckeye. This is my second acceptance today and my 3rd acceptance overall! I’m very happy! I’m very grateful for God!
I just checked my CYMS and saw the same thing!! I'm receiving housing and financial aid info now but I have not received a call or email confirming that I was accepted. How did you check to make sure this wasn't a fluke?

I just checked my CYMS and saw the same thing!! I'm receiving housing and financial aid info now but I have not received a call or email confirming that I was accepted. How did you check to make sure this wasn't a fluke?
If you got the email it’s definitely not a fluke. You can also check your application portal. That confirmed it. A letter from the dean congratulating you. I haven’t received a call from any of the schools that accepted me so I’m just assuming OSU also doesn’t have the capacity to do individual calls

Okay it’s definitely not a fluke. Got the call 🤩

• Love
for t hose of us that are deferred, are there specific days of the week fo rwhich we can look forward to potentially getting a response on? or is it random?

for t hose of us that are deferred, are there specific days of the week fo rwhich we can look forward to potentially getting a response on? or is it random?
I think it is random. I was deferred in December and accepted yesterday (a Tuesday) which doesn't follow their usual Friday acceptance day.

update: got the call this morning from the dean and my portal updated to accepted! going to be a buckeye!!

Reactions: 3 users
congratulations to everyone that got accepted! I'm sure OSU will be very lucky to have you. :)) I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty bummed about this whole guessing game. And am losing hope significantly with each passing week. To people who were deferred for so long, how did you cope with the uncertainty? I feel like I'm losing my mind!

Accepted! Got the call this morning. Deferred 11/2, sent in a letter of intent in February

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have gotten accepted, did any of y’all interview March 22nd?

For those who have gotten accepted, did any of y’all interview March 22nd?
I was kinda hoping that the postcard was right and the email was wrong. Now we just have to suffer in purgatory until next Friday 😩

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you that sent in a letter and were accepted, what kind of things did you typically say in your letters? Did you just reinstate your interest in OSU? Did you reference the interviews at all? Thank you!

How important is it to go to second look? I’m oos and flights there are really expensive for those dates. Do y’all think I can skip it?

Question for any current students lurking...
Does Ohio State drug test upon acceptance? Asking for a friend from a state where marijuana is legal...
current osu student. they drug test before 1st year and before you start rotations in 3rd year. they were incredibly chill about it during orientation and offered to give people from legal states more time to complete their test.

Pre-II R, IS, completed in July, send an update in February. The email mentioned that the interview season is over.

Just got the rejection email. It said "We have concluded our interviews for the season." so I'm guessing anyone who hasn't heard back about an interview at this point should assume it's a rejection. I'm sorry guys :(

• Sad
  • Love