2021-2022 Northeast Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i think there will be more action but who knows for sure šŸ˜­
I feel like they might send out emails manually because people always get them at different times instead of like a big batch all at once. So hopefully more action! Iā€™m going to be sad if I have to wait 2 more months lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like they made decisions for the dec interviews? Iā€™m sure more will hear back

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like they made decisions for the dec interviews? Iā€™m sure more will hear back
yeah, interesting how quite a few seem to be December interviewees but there was at least one November so I'm confused hahah

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, interesting how quite a few seem to be December interviewees but there was at least one November so I'm confused hahah
Maybe they made a stack from newest on top to oldest on the bottom and are scanning through that way :)

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed December 1st and havenā€™t heard back but it seems like the second and third have. Are they going to keep sending out decision throughout December?

Alternate list as well

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Placed on the alternate list as well. I was surprised to get a decision today because I never got the email saying that my file was up for review.

For those who were put on the alternate list - have faith! It seems like they accept a good chunk of people from the alternate list as seats become available (I don't think it necessarily means that we have to wait till April/May to see some movement). Congratulations to everyone who was admitted and I have my fingers crossed for everyone on the alternate list.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Placed on the alternate list as well. I was surprised to get a decision today because I never got the email saying that my file was up for review.

For those who were put on the alternate list - have faith! It seems like they accept a good chunk of people from the alternate list as seats become available (I don't think it necessarily means that we have to wait till April/May to see some movement). Congratulations to everyone who was admitted and I have my fingers crossed for everyone on the alternate list.
Couldnt have said it any better, thank you for the encouragement

Reactions: 1 users
How do they go through the alternate list then? Do the people who have been admitted have a deposit deadline?

hi! What did the email say? I also never got an email saying my file is up for review! šŸ˜­šŸ˜¢

Got an email pop up notif from NEO and had a mild heart attack.......
Turns out it was a happy holidays email. Still nice tho hahahaha haha
Episode 8 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

Reactions: 2 users
hi! What did the email say? I also never got an email saying my file is up for review! šŸ˜­šŸ˜¢
It was just a general email saying I was put on the alternate list. No mention about my file having been up for review or not. The email subject line said "NEOMED Admission Update":

~
Thank you for interviewing with us at the College of Medicine at Northeast Ohio Medical University for a seat in our M.D. program to begin study in the summer of 2022. The Admission Committee met and has determined that you are a highly qualified academic candidate with the personal characteristics that would be a great fit with the mission and values of our program.

However, given the highly competitive nature of the medical school admission process and the number of seats we have available to offer at this time, your candidacy has currently been placed on our alternate list for admission to the M.D. program.

In summary, your credentials have been deemed admissible, but we do not currently have an M1 seat to offer you at this time. This could change at any time between now and early July 2022. We will continue to make offers of admission from our alternate list as seats become available.
~

If you didn't get a decision in mid-December, you're likely in the queue for spring acceptances.

When will people from the alternate list start getting accepted?

When will people from the alternate list start getting accepted?
I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer, unfortunately. Likely once people who have been gotten As elsewhere start turning down acceptance offers from NEOMED. I would suspect more like sometime in March because spring offers go out mid-Feb, but who knows ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

does anyone know if they are still interviewing or are they completely done?

Just interviewed. It was super chill and conversational. They did not try to ask any trick questions or anything, it was all pretty simple to answer. Like everyone else said know your app (but you obviously do already). If anyone interviewing in the future has questions feel free to message me

• Care
Same here. Interview was sooo cool. Sooooo conversational.

My app barely came up but thats because I'm non-trad and they asked more about my life experiences. Spent half the time talking about the Chicago Bears and Bichon Frises. One of the calmest interviews I've ever had.

Make sure you have questions to ask!

Late to the party because I forgot this website existed, but I am a current M2 student at NEOMED and can answer questions if you have them!

anyone remember how long they said it would take to hear back after an interview? I interviewed 1/12 but I dont remember.

Iā€™m pretty sure the second round of decisions will be released sometime in February. Donā€™t know the exact date though

How do they handle post-interview thank you letters? Do you just send them to the individual interviewers emails?

Any one else on the alternate list just get invited to second look weekend?

Last edited:
Any one else on the alternate list just get invited to second look weekend?
I'm on the alternate list but haven't been invited. Hopefully that means good things for you! Just curious, when is second look weekend for NEOMED?