2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there's been waitlist movement?
I called yesterday and spoke with a woman. She said no there hasn't been movement yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I called yesterday and spoke with a woman. She said no there hasn't been movement yet.
I'm hoping this means that they haven't started reviewing the waitlist rather than they don't anticipate much waitlist movement this year...

Reactions: 3 users
I think it does mean that they haven't sent new acceptances to people on the waitlist yet because a lot of people in this thread closely leading up to 5/1 said they are withdrawing. Plus, there's definitely at least one person who took a spot somewhere else and thus providing a spot for someone on the waitlist to take it, creating at least a little movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will most likely be withdrawing this week due to an acceptance to a cheaper IS school; hopefully one of you gets my spot!

Reactions: 1 user
I think it does mean that they haven't sent new acceptances to people on the waitlist yet because a lot of people in this thread closely leading up to 5/1 said they are withdrawing. Plus, there's definitely at least one person who took a spot somewhere else and thus providing a spot for someone on the waitlist to take it, creating at least a little movement.
Keep in mind they accept more people they actually have room for. Unfortunately the lady suspects there will be little movement. But who knows really.

sooooo anyone get of waitlist yet or nah?

Not that I know of. I called about two weeks ago. They said no movement. Anyone want to call this time?
No movement at all!? Jeez. Everyone must have seen their match list and held on to their spots

I called last week (5/17) and they said no movement at the time either. Would be nice if someone called for this week haha.

When I went to Second Look, it seemed as if most people were set on attending Netter (there were at least 90-100 in attendance). So if there is limited movement, I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, after thinking more about it, I changed my mind about attending SUNY Buffalo (disregard previous post about me withdrawing from Netter). I clicked better with the students and faculty at Netter and Dean Yeckel is simply awesome, so I will be attending this fall! Good luck to those still waiting; I hope I get to see some of you this coming August!

Called this week and they said there has not been movement off the waitlist so far. If they do end up using the waitlist, there will only be very few spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called this week and they said there has not been movement off the waitlist so far. If they do end up using the waitlist, there will only be very few spots.
wow that's almost unheard of! granted the dean certainly made a good impression on everyone who interviewed no doubt!

wow that's almost unheard of! granted the dean certainly made a good impression on everyone who interviewed no doubt!

Well it may also be because Quinnipiac accepted more students this year than in past years instead of waitlisting them. There are some schools that do not pull heavily from the waitlist because of either making the mistake of overaccepting (Tufts, UMich, etc.) or accepting just the right amount to yield a full class with a small amount of waitlist movement.

Really hoping somehow the waitlist moves and we can still get in here... I never thought I would want to attend a school this much haha

For official transcripts, do we have to mail them a hard copy? Or is an electronic copy sent from my school acceptable?

EDIT: I called Admissions and they said either option is fine!

Last edited:
To those matriculating, dont forget to fill out the form for the white coats!

I got an unexpected acceptance to Hofstra and will be attending. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
When I went to Second Look, it seemed as if most people were set on attending Netter (there were at least 90-100 in attendance). So if there is limited movement, I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, after thinking more about it, I changed my mind about attending SUNY Buffalo (disregard previous post about me withdrawing from Netter). I clicked better with the students and faculty at Netter and Dean Yeckel is simply awesome, so I will be attending this fall! Good luck to those still waiting; I hope I get to see some of you this coming August!
I got an unexpected acceptance to Hofstra and will be attending. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you waiting!
Why must you keep pulling at our chordae tendineae with your school choice??

Just kidding, good luck!

Sent the official withdrawal email! Good luck everyone!

Anyone have a general idea when it's advisable to try to find housing? (Especially for those of us who live far away?)

Anyone have a general idea when it's advisable to try to find housing? (Especially for those of us who live far away?)
I already signed a lease for a place. There are still places available at my complex though. I think it really depends on what kind of place youre looking for/whether or not you're planning on having roommates.

nice!