-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Portal and emailHow do we get notified of acceptance or rejection post-interview? Do we have to check the portal or will it be email or snail mail?
Does anyone know where we can locate our RU ID? Trying to start the financial aid application and it says it should be included in the acceptance letter, but I don't see it.
Update: You can omit the RU ID portion of the financial aid e-form. I confirmed with the FA office this afternoon.
Update: You can omit the RU ID portion of the financial aid e-form. I confirmed with the FA office this afternoon.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sifted through last years SDN thread and it looks like the last interview invite recorded on there was January 28th for a February 10th interview. I'm guessing this month will be the last month of interview invites.Does anyone know if they're still sending out II? I was complete early August and have been "under review" since November.
...but the email they sent us earlier in December states that they will extend II's through February so who knows.
I sifted through last years SDN thread and it looks like the last interview invite recorded on there was January 28th for a February 10th interview. I'm guessing this month will be the last month of interview invites.
...but the email they sent us earlier in December states that they will extend II's through February so who knows.
silence since August
II yay!!
+1, not many days left to choose from
Hoping for an II today! Congrats to those who got one 🙂
congrats! would you mind sharing your complete date?
Complete in august. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no more II unless people withdraw.
What interview dates were available [if you don't mind]?Complete in august. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no more II unless people withdraw.
What interview dates were available [if you don't mind]?
One date in late January and one date for early February.
Thanks!One date in late January and one date for early February.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since they emailed in end of December that they were halfway done I highlight doubt (and hope) that Feb 8th is the last date.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Withdrawing my acceptance here. I hope that it goes to someone here! Good luck!
thank you 😉 do you mind sharing why you are withdrawing?
Any idea if there will be more II's issued?
Thanks for the heads up! Let us hopeinterviewed last week, and im pretty sure they told us more II's will be sent out. that's all i know
Any lurkers receive an II yesterday?
I'm a lurker with a II lol. Dont want to be negative but I looked at last years thread and they sent out their last batch of II's around this time.Any lurkers receive an II yesterday?
Word. Thanks for the update.I'm a lurker with a II lol. Dont want to be negative but I looked at last years thread and they sent out their last batch of II's around this time.
II this afternoon as well! Complete early August! TOP CHOICE AND FREAKING OUT
II this afternoon as well! Complete early August! TOP CHOICE AND FREAKING OUT
Rush has a really fun interview day!! Good luck
Congrats to everyone who got II's yesterday! Really hoping that I can still get one, I would LOVE to go here!
Ok I ended up declining my II. they asked why and I said bc doc_stranger deserves it.Congrats to everyone who got II's yesterday! Really hoping that I can still get one, I would LOVE to go here!
Wow, how generousOk I ended up declining my II. they asked why and I said bc doc_stranger deserves it.

Hahaha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Second Look is April 7. Looking forward to seeing some of your lovely faces there!
Withdrawn post acceptance. Good luck to all!
Hey! Do you mind telling us when you received your acceptance?
Rush has finished their interview season, according to the Rush representatives at the AAMC virtual med school fair. I haven't received any notice of rejection yet though.
boo
Question about cost of tuition...
In this image, it shows tuition for M1 this past academic year was approx. $51k... but the text says "In addition to the rates below, each student pays a continuous enrollment fee of $12,698 per term (Fall/Spring), $8,465 per term (Summer)."
Does that mean you are paying an extra $12k in fees twice per academic year?! Am I reading this wrong? Even if it is only a one time fee each year, it seems like tuition is more like $63k per year (or even worse about $75k per year)?
Someone please tell me I have this wrong, haha.
I was thinking the same thing at first. The continuous enrollment fee is only if you have to retake a semester, so it is not included in the normal 4 year program.
Rejected pre-II today 🙁
Rejected pre-II today 🙁
Same... womp.
I thought they were done with interviews for the cycle so should everyone who hasn't gotten an interview be expecting a rejection email in the near future?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just got a pre-II rejection email!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same, got the axe today
The email states that they have recently concluded their interview season so probs.I thought they were done with interviews for the cycle so should everyone who hasn't gotten an interview be expecting a rejection email in the near future?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected pre II. Interview season is over for Rush.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K