-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did anybody who was complete in September get the email today? Not sure if I should worry that it means an impending rejection or if it was just sent based on complete date! 🙂
Did anybody who was complete in September get the email today? Not sure if I should worry that it means an impending rejection or if it was just sent based on complete date! 🙂
I was complete 9/16 and did not receive either of the update emails Rush has sent.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 9/1 and got the status email today.
complete 8/26 and haven't received the email...
Does anyone know if Rush is receptive to Pre-II updates and/or In-the-area letters??
Hey! Accepted just now, that was a pleasant surprise! Good luck other 12/7 interviewees!
+1 Accepted!Hey! Accepted just now, that was a pleasant surprise! Good luck other 12/7 interviewees!
I know Rush isn't receptive to letters of update, but what about unofficial transcripts?
Anyone who interviewed on 12/14 hear back yet?
Not yet
They said they will let us know this week and the anticipation is killing me.Not yet
Just to give you guys some hope, I just got an interview the other day with low numbers (not going to specify, but average MCAT and low GPA) but tons of community service and clinical experience. Late complete date and not a URM either. It's validating to know Rush's admission process is as holistic as they claim it to be, truly not about the numbers. As a Chicagoan working in community health Rush is my dream school and I'm so excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to all you guys waiting! I was accepted back in October, hopefully y'all get good news too!
They said they will let us know this week and the anticipation is killing me.
I know. Should be today or tomorrow! Claritab and ND thanks for the support and juju!
II yesterday!! Completely unexpected - so for those of you still in the running, there is certainly still hope!! I'm beyond excited for this interview as Rush has been a top choice of mine since I first read thru their mission statement back in June/July.
For those who have interviewed already, any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Also, my partner was recently accepted early decision to UChicago and will likely be moving there for school, obviously we'd appreciate being in the same city- worth mentioning during the interview?
For those who have interviewed already, any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Also, my partner was recently accepted early decision to UChicago and will likely be moving there for school, obviously we'd appreciate being in the same city- worth mentioning during the interview?
Congrats! When were you complete?II yesterday!! Completely unexpected - so for those of you still in the running, there is certainly still hope!! I'm beyond excited for this interview as Rush has been a top choice of mine since I first read thru their mission statement back in June/July.
For those who have interviewed already, any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Also, my partner was recently accepted early decision to UChicago and will likely be moving there for school, obviously we'd appreciate being in the same city- worth mentioning during the interview?
Yay! Congrats! The interview day is very relaxed and everyone is really nice. If they're interviewing you it's because they believe you fit their mission so all you have to do is be yourself and you'll be golden! I'd agree that mentioning your partner won't help or hurt you, so just do it if it comes up naturally in conversation. If not, just focus on school-specific reasons why you want to attend and why you think Chicago would be a great place to live and study for 4 years. Good Luck!!II yesterday!! Completely unexpected - so for those of you still in the running, there is certainly still hope!! I'm beyond excited for this interview as Rush has been a top choice of mine since I first read thru their mission statement back in June/July.
For those who have interviewed already, any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Also, my partner was recently accepted early decision to UChicago and will likely be moving there for school, obviously we'd appreciate being in the same city- worth mentioning during the interview?
D
deleted820490
What were your number of clinical and non clinical hours?
What were your number of clinical and non clinical hours?
Also accepted, mine were ~1500 clinical (scribing, emt clincials, clinic volunteer/shadowing) and ~2000 non-clinical (community service)
What were your number of clinical and non clinical hours?
Mine were something around 3000 clinical hours and 2000 philanthropic hours through fraternity stuff.
Approximately 900 clinical, 350 non-clinical hoursWhat were your number of clinical and non clinical hours?
Does anyone have a phone number for the admissions office?
Nope. Best I could find is the financial aid phone number on the website.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I remember trying to call the admissions office before sending in my primary and ended up calling the financial office or something like that and was told that admissions can only be reached via email because they don't have time/enough people to be answering every phone call. I'd shoot them an email, they're pretty good about responding in a timely manner!Does anyone have a phone number for the admissions office?
Rejected pre II just now. Complete mid August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rejected by email pre-II. complete 8/17. Wishing everyone else good luck ^^
rejected as well! complete early sept! good luck everyone 🙂
Sorry to hear that. What times were your rejections sent?Rejected pre II just now. Complete mid August.
Sorry to hear that. What times were your rejections sent?
About half an hour ago for me. Forgot to say it before, but good luck to everyone still in the running!
Rejected pre-II. Complete July.
Also rejected pre-II. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wow, seems like a big round of rejections! Sorry to all [emoji20] but feeling cautiously optimistic awaiting a potential II!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
holy s*** how did I manage to avoid that round of rejections? *deep breath*
^^ same. Don't know if I should be too excited about it or if there is another round coming in the near future
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
LOL the first uplifting moment on this page for meholy s*** how did I manage to avoid that round of rejections? *deep breath*
Yeah lol somehow I didn't get an email either. We are either in the next batch of rejections or the next batch of IIs haha.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when acceptance packets will be mailed out?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
Ah the little things in life lol. All previous speculation no longer applies.