2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got the email! :soexcited:Ah the little things in life lol. All previous speculation no longer applies.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anybody who was complete in September get the email today? Not sure if I should worry that it means an impending rejection or if it was just sent based on complete date! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 9/15 and just now got the halfway update email

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Complete early Aug and just received the email as well lol

Does anyone know if Rush is receptive to Pre-II updates and/or In-the-area letters??

Hey! Accepted just now, that was a pleasant surprise! Good luck other 12/7 interviewees!

Reactions: 3 users
I know Rush isn't receptive to letters of update, but what about unofficial transcripts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to give you guys some hope, I just got an interview the other day with low numbers (not going to specify, but average MCAT and low GPA) but tons of community service and clinical experience. Late complete date and not a URM either. It's validating to know Rush's admission process is as holistic as they claim it to be, truly not about the numbers. As a Chicagoan working in community health Rush is my dream school and I'm so excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to all you guys waiting! I was accepted back in October, hopefully y'all get good news too!

Reactions: 1 users
They said they will let us know this week and the anticipation is killing me.

I know. Should be today or tomorrow! Claritab and ND thanks for the support and juju!

II yesterday!! Completely unexpected - so for those of you still in the running, there is certainly still hope!! I'm beyond excited for this interview as Rush has been a top choice of mine since I first read thru their mission statement back in June/July.

For those who have interviewed already, any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Also, my partner was recently accepted early decision to UChicago and will likely be moving there for school, obviously we'd appreciate being in the same city- worth mentioning during the interview?

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! It's a very fun interview day. I think it's fine if you mention your partner (Only as a bonus, NOT as a main reason why you want to attend the school), but I don't think it will make a difference unless you're married.

II yesterday!! Completely unexpected - so for those of you still in the running, there is certainly still hope!! I'm beyond excited for this interview as Rush has been a top choice of mine since I first read thru their mission statement back in June/July.

For those who have interviewed already, any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Also, my partner was recently accepted early decision to UChicago and will likely be moving there for school, obviously we'd appreciate being in the same city- worth mentioning during the interview?
Congrats! When were you complete?

Yay! Congrats! The interview day is very relaxed and everyone is really nice. If they're interviewing you it's because they believe you fit their mission so all you have to do is be yourself and you'll be golden! I'd agree that mentioning your partner won't help or hurt you, so just do it if it comes up naturally in conversation. If not, just focus on school-specific reasons why you want to attend and why you think Chicago would be a great place to live and study for 4 years. Good Luck!!

Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! interviewed on 12/17

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have a phone number for the admissions office?

Does anyone have a phone number for the admissions office?
I remember trying to call the admissions office before sending in my primary and ended up calling the financial office or something like that and was told that admissions can only be reached via email because they don't have time/enough people to be answering every phone call. I'd shoot them an email, they're pretty good about responding in a timely manner!

Rejected pre II just now. Complete mid August.

rejected as well! complete early sept! good luck everyone :)

rejected by email pre-II. complete 8/17. Wishing everyone else good luck ^^

Also rejected pre-II, but complete very late in October.

Also rejected pre-II. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! :)

Rejected today, pre-II. Good luck to those still waiting.

Wow, seems like a big round of rejections! Sorry to all but feeling cautiously optimistic awaiting a potential II!

holy s*** how did I manage to avoid that round of rejections? *deep breath*

Reactions: 5 users
^^ same. Don't know if I should be too excited about it or if there is another round coming in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yeah lol somehow I didn't get an email either. We are either in the next batch of rejections or the next batch of IIs haha.

Does anyone know when acceptance packets will be mailed out?

How do we get notified of acceptance or rejection post-interview? Do we have to check the portal or will it be email or snail mail?

Last edited:
Can someone brief me on the likihood of being able to pursue research while a student at rush, particularly public health research or other non-bench research?

Does anyone know if they're still sending out II? I was complete early August and have been "under review" since November.