2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually found Loyola and Rush to be similar in many ways. They are different in other ways, but I would say if you like one there is a good chance you will like the other.

BTW I interviewed here yesterday and LOVED it. The mission to help the underserved is real here, not just lip service. The clinical sites are amazing, and the community is so happy and friendly and welcoming. Easily in the running for my top choice.

Totally agree with everything you said. They are very similar, and different at the same time! Hope you get in, sir. Maybe we'll be classmates!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II offered today. Dates available are the first two Wednesdays of the following two months. OOS, complete mid-July.
Congrats to everyone above! You all will be absolutely wonderful. I want to echo the sentiment in previous pages of this thread. Rush was genuinely the kindest, most relaxed, and most community-oriented experience I've had. Hoping to hear back today about a final decision! Fingers crossed and incredibly nervous.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is an inside joke for those of us that interviewed today. Basically one of the faculty members stressed multiple times how important they are in sex and defecation that we should all think about tonight.
 
It is an inside joke for those of us that interviewed today. Basically one of the faculty members stressed multiple times how important they are in sex and defecation that we should all think about tonight.

I'm obviously not in on the joke, but I really appreciate the laid back attitude and candor of the Rush community. You certainly wouldn't expect to hear jokes like that at other interviews 🙂
 
Literally just got an email from them saying that they're halfway through the interview season but applications are still being considered and II will be extended through February. 🙂

+1, and I got the October one. Is the consensus that everyone gets these emails?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For what it's worth, I got the email today but didn't get it the last time it went out in October. Not sure if it means anything...