You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HP waitlist most likely.I was marked as "competitive" whatever that means.
Regular WL and HP WL, based on previous years.
same here
unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there was much movement in the past years for the regular wait list
Regular WL little movement but HP WL gets movement once people start dropping their acceptances for other schools. Unless they overbooked again this year.
I got "alternate list". I'm assuming that's the low priority waitlist?
Me too...no love from any of my home state schools...just grateful that I have oos love.I got "alternate list". I'm assuming that's the low priority waitlist?
Any class facebook page?
It was me and I know at least one other person in my interview group from the same day that was also accepted. Don't know their stats though.I think someone got accepted who interviewed on 12/12 if you scroll back a page or two.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey everyone, latecomer to posting here! Acceptance last Thursday, interviewed 12/12 -- happy to answer questions!
Also, +1 to the question on an accepted students facebook page??
Also, +1 to the question on an accepted students facebook page??
Last edited:
When did you get the II? When were you complete, stats and IS or OOS?Got a II! I'm so stoked!! I saw that the first wave of acceptances was 150 calls so I'm guessing 150 acceptances? Does anyone know how many spots that leaves left lol. And the second wave is sometime in March?
What dates were available?Got a II! I'm so stoked!! I saw that the first wave of acceptances was 150 calls so I'm guessing 150 acceptances? Does anyone know how many spots that leaves left lol. And the second wave is sometime in March?
I think the second wave is around 100. I'm still hoping for some IS love
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What dates were available?
I think the second wave is around 100. I'm still hoping for some IS love
I also got an II a few days ago, They e-mailed me 2 available dates near the end of the February (i think 24th and 27th)
When did you get the II? When were you complete, stats and IS or OOS?
this past week, IS, complete sometime in Sept/Oct (can't remember)
What dates were available?
I think the second wave is around 100. I'm still hoping for some IS love
They gave me two late February dates, like within the last week. Thanks for the info!
Last edited:
Can anyone help me out with these rather basic questions/concerns...my med school advisor has been MIA for all of December!!
1. If I accept an offer from one school, does that affect my eligibility at other institutions that I am still in the application process with?
2. Am I allowed to still interview at other schools if I have accepted an offer at Rutgers?
3. Can I rescind my acceptance of their offer at any point before the end of the application cycle if I receive good news from other schools?
1. If I accept an offer from one school, does that affect my eligibility at other institutions that I am still in the application process with?
2. Am I allowed to still interview at other schools if I have accepted an offer at Rutgers?
3. Can I rescind my acceptance of their offer at any point before the end of the application cycle if I receive good news from other schools?
Can anyone help me out with these rather basic questions/concerns...my med school advisor has been MIA for all of December!!
1. If I accept an offer from one school, does that affect my eligibility at other institutions that I am still in the application process with?
2. Am I allowed to still interview at other schools if I have accepted an offer at Rutgers?
3. Can I rescind my acceptance of their offer at any point before the end of the application cycle if I receive good news from other schools?
1. It does not impact your eligibility.
2. You are still allowed to interview.
3. You can hold multiple acceptances until a certain day in April where you have to commit to one school only.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey so if you're interviewing for the second wave of seats, do you think its harder to get accepted post interview? I would believe so since theyve already had so many acceptances
i think its pointless asking questions like this but id say your shot is just as good as the first round. you can do the math if youd like to settle your nerves. but your much better off just practicing a few scenarios/prompts with some friends and learning how long/short 5-7 minutes is for the mmi.Hey so if you're interviewing for the second wave of seats, do you think its harder to get accepted post interview? I would believe so since theyve already had so many acceptances
is there an accepted students fb page?
Did anyone get rejected w/o a WL?
So, like I'm IS and still no news (no rejection or II) from this school. Why no IS love?
I was just accepted and I'm fairly positive I'm going to attend RWJ. I have a question for current/previous students regarding living situations off campus...
me and my partner work in NYC right now and she will have to commute to the city from wherever we live. where is the furthest we could live from campus where it wouldn't be an inconvenience? or maybe a better question is, do you know of anyone who lives with a partner who commutes to the city? I don't want to live in Jersey City but want to be understanding to her situation as she just got a new job. I have a car and am wondering if we could get a place where I could be close to campus but she could commute as well...
thanks!
me and my partner work in NYC right now and she will have to commute to the city from wherever we live. where is the furthest we could live from campus where it wouldn't be an inconvenience? or maybe a better question is, do you know of anyone who lives with a partner who commutes to the city? I don't want to live in Jersey City but want to be understanding to her situation as she just got a new job. I have a car and am wondering if we could get a place where I could be close to campus but she could commute as well...
thanks!
How about summit? Somewhere on the Gladstone line is near bothI was just accepted and I'm fairly positive I'm going to attend RWJ. I have a question for current/previous students regarding living situations off campus...
me and my partner work in NYC right now and she will have to commute to the city from wherever we live. where is the furthest we could live from campus where it wouldn't be an inconvenience? or maybe a better question is, do you know of anyone who lives with a partner who commutes to the city? I don't want to live in Jersey City but want to be understanding to her situation as she just got a new job. I have a car and am wondering if we could get a place where I could be close to campus but she could commute as well...
thanks!
I was just accepted and I'm fairly positive I'm going to attend RWJ. I have a question for current/previous students regarding living situations off campus...
me and my partner work in NYC right now and she will have to commute to the city from wherever we live. where is the furthest we could live from campus where it wouldn't be an inconvenience? or maybe a better question is, do you know of anyone who lives with a partner who commutes to the city? I don't want to live in Jersey City but want to be understanding to her situation as she just got a new job. I have a car and am wondering if we could get a place where I could be close to campus but she could commute as well...
thanks!
If your partner does not mind using the train for her commute, you can always get an affordable place in New Brunswick. There is a NJ Transit train that leaves from New Brunswick train station that would get her to NY Penn (34th street) in about 1 hour and 10 minutes. The train route is called the Northeast Corridor.
also, the New Brunswick train station is literally half a block away from the RWJ Hospital, where you would be doing your rotations.
How about summit? Somewhere on the Gladstone line is near both
Do you think jersey city would be too far? its a 45 min drive.
Do you think jersey city would be too far? its a 45 min drive.
Or hoboken!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I am probably going to call tomorrow, but I wanted to ask you guys if the deadline for secondaries was dec 15...or jan 15? I just went through my email and saw an email from RWJMS on dec 1...the letter says have everything in by jan 15, but their website says dec 15...I really liked this school and am kinda nervous. So if the news is bad, give it to me nicely plz lol
So, I am probably going to call tomorrow, but I wanted to ask you guys if the deadline for secondaries was dec 15...or jan 15? I just went through my email and saw an email from RWJMS on dec 1...the letter says have everything in by jan 15, but their website says dec 15...I really liked this school and am kinda nervous. So if the news is bad, give it to me nicely plz lol
Unfortunately, I think in either case your chances are extremely slim because you are applying so late. The easiest way to get a leg up in this application game is to apply early and return your secondaries in a very timely manner. I found Dec. 1st as the last filing date for the application (though it did not clarify whether that meant AMCAS or Secondary). AMCAS also lists the "Program Deadline" as Dec. 1st and the transcript deadline as Dec. 15th and the secondary application itself lists Jan. 5th as the deadline for CASPer scores and Jan. 15th as the deadline for letters of rec.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Unfortunately, I think in either case your chances are extremely slim because you are applying so late. The easiest way to get a leg up in this application game is to apply early and return your secondaries in a very timely manner. I found Dec. 1st as the last filing date for the application (though it did not clarify whether that meant AMCAS or Secondary). AMCAS also lists the "Program Deadline" as Dec. 1st and the transcript deadline as Dec. 15th and the secondary application itself lists Jan. 5th as the deadline for CASPer scores and Jan. 15th as the deadline for letters of rec.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Thank you! I called this morning and Marilyn stated that the deadline is January 15 so I'm still going to give it a shot! I've done everything (Casper/LORs/etc) just haven't emailed the app back or paid. So I'm gonna do that asap. 🙂
For anyone who has been looking for this- https://www.facebook.com/groups/192546951217978/
Were you accepted recently or on 12/15-12/16?I was just accepted and I'm fairly positive I'm going to attend RWJ. I have a question for current/previous students regarding living situations off campus...
me and my partner work in NYC right now and she will have to commute to the city from wherever we live. where is the furthest we could live from campus where it wouldn't be an inconvenience? or maybe a better question is, do you know of anyone who lives with a partner who commutes to the city? I don't want to live in Jersey City but want to be understanding to her situation as she just got a new job. I have a car and am wondering if we could get a place where I could be close to campus but she could commute as well...
thanks!
maybe just the happy hour after

Is there an email specifically for updates? Or just the admissions email?
admissions email as a .pdfIs there an email specifically for updates? Or just the admissions email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
going to be rescinding my acceptance -- good luck everyone!
I certainly hope soDoes anyone know if they are still extending IIs?
They are. The woman I spoke with from the admissions office told me that they are hoping to get interview invites out by the end of January. Soooo... there's still hope for those of us who are waiting! *fingers crossed*
Wonderful! Thanks for the info 🙂
They are. The woman I spoke with from the admissions office told me that they are hoping to get interview invites out by the end of January. Soooo... there's still hope for those of us who are waiting! *fingers crossed*
Is that going to be their last II batch?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K