2016-2017 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can I ask you a couple of questions?

Where did you stay?

Was the MMI station like a "standard" MMI? Like was it similar to online/book prep stuff and what kind of prep material did you use?

I stayed with a student host near the school.
The MMI stations weren't as bad as the ones that you see online that try to scare you. It's honestly just to test your character.
Some of them were very stoic and some showed some facial expression/eye contact, but don't get too worried if it feels like you're talking to a wall.
You don't really need to prep too much

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed with a student host near the school.
The MMI stations weren't as bad as the ones that you see online that try to scare you. It's honestly just to test your character.
Some of them were very stoic and some showed some facial expression/eye contact, but don't get too worried if it feels like you're talking to a wall.
You don't really need to prep too much

Did you find you were using up the entire 6 minutes to talk in the MMI or was it okay to finish early?

Did you find you were using up the entire 6 minutes to talk in the MMI or was it okay to finish early?
I talked the whole time and found that I ran out of time a little bit at the end, but that's just who I am... I always have a lot to say! Doesn't matter how long you take as long as you're happy with your answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I usually talked for the whole 6 minutes but there was a station or two where I talked for maybe 5 minutes and waited outside for the rest of the time.

It has been too quiet here...submitted mid July, but took the 7/26 CASPers and wasn't marked complete until right before Labor Day. IS Lizzy 71. I honestly thought I would have heard. Is RWJ truly rolling? Have I been passed over? IS but no love from any of my NJ state schools...
Anybody still in the same boat? I've been complete since Aug 17. In state, LizzyM ~72 and have not heard anything :/

This was one of the best MMIs I had in terms of reasonable questions and approachable interviewers. I honestly wouldn't prep at all beyond knowing your application and motivations.

There were stations where I was cut off by the bell and there were stations when I finished up 1-2 minutes early. Before the MMI began they stressed that this does NOT matter.

Reactions: 1 user
This was one of the best MMIs I had in terms of reasonable questions and approachable interviewers. I honestly wouldn't prep at all beyond knowing your application and motivations.

There were stations where I was cut off by the bell and there were stations when I finished up 1-2 minutes early. Before the MMI began they stressed that this does NOT matter.

+ 1

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

interviewing here in a couple of weeks and very excited :)

1) it's very early in the interview season don't stress out about a school because there's nothing you can do and as long as you haven't been rejected yet you're still in the running
2) I'm pretty sure Rwj is one of the school that interviews high mcat score + Casper first. Everyone in my interview group was from a top 15 school. With that being said Rwj isn't rolling anymore, from what they told me. Decisions aren't made until December.

1) it's very early in the interview season don't stress out about a school because there's nothing you can do and as long as you haven't been rejected yet you're still in the running
2) I'm pretty sure Rwj is one of the school that interviews high mcat score + Casper first. Everyone in my interview group was from a top 15 school. With that being said Rwj isn't rolling anymore, from what they told me. Decisions aren't made until December.
I am a Lizzie 71-72, but thought I did well on the CASPers, but who knows!?

My LizzyM score is 72 and interviewed on the 10th. Thought I did horrible on CASPer, so there's definitely a chance for you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how the adcoms pick who to accept/waitlist post-interview? I'm just not sure how it works with non-rolling schools, but especially RWJ

Had my interview here today, really laid back and relaxed MMI format. Low stress nice school good tour guide.

Low key fell in love with the girl I met during the orientation part who was also interviewing but we were in different groups :arghh: but if you see this and you like oncology and are a vet tech...
Do you remember which group you were in? I interviewed on 9.16, too and everyone I spoke to was just so nice - legit the nicest group of people ever! (I also realize this is over a month later -_- )

I am not doing the Casper because my work hours always coincide... I hope it doesn't look bad on my end. Do you think it's too late to send in a secondary?

Do you remember which group you were in? I interviewed on 9.16, too and everyone I spoke to was just so nice - legit the nicest group of people ever! (I also realize this is over a month later -_- )

My group did the tour first then we were interviewing in the group that was closer to the exit if that helps. Everyone was super nice!! Can't help it when you low key fall in love I guess :biglove:

My group did the tour first then we were interviewing in the group that was closer to the exit if that helps. Everyone was super nice!! Can't help it when you low key fall in love I guess :biglove:

Wait we may have been in the same group, then! Did Dr. Copeland oversee your MMI? I was in the group that finished right at 3-3:10 and I walked out with a couple of super nice guys around 3:20. Hope you find her, man, it sucks when you meet people at these and you want to keep talking to them but everyone is from everywhere and is applying to so many different schools - it's crazy!

One website I found says 325 acceptances offered, but I have no idea how accurate that is
They over enrolled two years ago so have subsequently sent out fewer acceptances - hence why they stopped doing rolling admissions.

Took the first available Dec 12, not sure about other availability.

Casper complete 7/21, re-applicant, anyone else here completed mid-August that hasn't heard anything back yet?

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if RWJMS does ED? Would it bode well for me to contact the Dean of Admissions ~NJ native applying next cycle.

Any news here recently? NJ schools have been extremely quiet

Called earlier today to make sure I wasn't missing anything from my application and to see why I haven't heard anything yet. The womam on the phone told me that they are currently going through the applications that were complete mid-august. Hope that helps!

Oh man... because the CASPER took so darn long to verify my application was only considered complete 9/27... makes me so nervous! Fingers crossed for you all!

Called earlier today to make sure I wasn't missing anything from my application and to see why I haven't heard anything yet. The womam on the phone told me that they are currently going through the applications that were complete mid-august. Hope that helps!

most helpful thing *checks my complete date* anxiety intensifies :nailbiting:

nahhhh but its good to know that i haven't been passed over yet thanks :highfive:

I was complete early July, and haven't heard anything. Is it safe to say I have been silently rejected?

II last week. IS, non-trad, URM, LizzyM 64, complete mid-Sep. First II and super excited! :happy:

Reactions: 3 users
II about an hour ago! IS Lizzy M 67, complete late August.

Has this school sent out rejection letters yet? Complete Sept. 25 and haven't heard anything. :(

Has this school sent out rejection letters yet? Complete Sept. 25 and haven't heard anything. :(
I was only complete on 9/27. They're basically going through those applications now so I wouldn't worry!

Reactions: 1 users

Complete in mid-July and haven't heard anything!

Reactions: 2 users