2016-2017 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete 9/20 and still did not hear back. Is this normal ?

lol there are thousands of applicants who never hear a response and then get rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

millions.
I meant specifically for RWJMS but yeah, millions if you add up every school. It's amazing to me how many people think that just because they're "complete" they should be expecting II...like are you not aware of the statistics?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anxiety is approaching infinity as time approaches December 15

Reactions: 1 user
just curious, what happens on Dec. 15?

Some people think decisions for all of the interviews from Sept-Dec will be released that day. Others think it will be the week of the 19th. They didn't tell us this at the interview so idk which is correct.

Some people think decisions for all of the interviews from Sept-Dec will be released that day. Others think it will be the week of the 19th. They didn't tell us this at the interview so idk which is correct.

ohhh okay!! Thank you! I wish everyone good luck then! :D

I really want an interview here :'(

Wait so if we interviewed in December will we definitely hear back this month or do we get pushed into the 2nd batch of applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they stop interviewing applicants?

[wrong thread]

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they stop interviewing applicants?

They interview all the way up until March, which is when the 2nd batch of acceptances go out. So you still got 3 months left to get an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I meant specifically for RWJMS but yeah, millions if you add up every school. It's amazing to me how many people think that just because they're "complete" they should be expecting II...like are you not aware of the statistics?!?
I was just wondering whether or not they had silent rejections which is why I expressed my confusion. Thanks for the stats lesson though !

Does Rutgers Robertwood accept updates?
If so do I send it to?

How many acceptances should we expect to be sent out from the 1st batch (Sept-Dec)? 60?

How many acceptances should we expect to be sent out from the 1st batch (Sept-Dec)? 60?

60 would seem hella low. There were at least 10 interview dates of 21 applicants each, which is 210. I think there should be upwards of 100 acceptances. My friend who currently goes to RWJ told me they have a near 60% post interview admissions rate. Again, this is all just speculation and hearsay so don't trust it completely, just what I've noticed and heard.

60 would seem hella low. There were at least 10 interview dates of 21 applicants each, which is 210. I think there should be upwards of 100 acceptances. My friend who currently goes to RWJ told me they have a near 60% post interview admissions rate. Again, this is all just speculation and hearsay so don't trust it completely, just what I've noticed and heard.

You might be right.

The class size is 130, 10-15 will be from their special programs.

Realistically, they will send out ~180-190 total acceptances throughout the entire cycle for the 115 available seats. Last year they overbooked, so this year they will be even more conservative.

Because their interviewing cycle stretches to March, they'll probably send out 100/180 acceptances for the first batch and the other 80 for the second batch.

Which brings into question, how many of the first batch people will eventually decline in favor of better school acceptances

Edit: Conflicting info about class size. MSAR shows 170 while US News/Internet searches show 130. From my experience with other schools, MSAR isn't up to date on some stats, so I'll stick with the 130. The 170 may be due to the overbooked class

Last edited:
You might be right.

The class size is 130, 10-15 will be from their special programs.

Realistically, they will send out ~180-190 total acceptances throughout the entire cycle for the 115 available seats. Last year they overbooked, so this year they will be even more conservative.

Because their interviewing cycle stretches to March, they'll probably send out 100/180 acceptances for the first batch and the other 80 for the second batch.

Which brings into question, how many of the first batch people will eventually decline in favor of better school acceptances

Last year's class size was 170, so I'm assuming it'll be the same. Yeah, I've read they overbooked the past two years, but in that case I'd still think it would be closer to 220-230 possible acceptances? I don't think RWJ has the BS/MD programs, that's only for NJMS. I know for RWJ SMP program, they only start interviewing those applicants in the spring if they have enough seats. If you read through last year's thread, only 3 students from that program matriculated for this year's class so that won't be a huge factor. I think RWJ and NJMS have somewhat the same numbers in terms of interviewed/accepted/matriculated, and NJMS numbers were made public in the USN Ranking. I'd probably guess 60% of acceptances will go out in this batch, and the rest 40% during the second batch. so possibly upwards of 100 calls should be going out for this block. Again, this is just me guessing, and taking information from a bunch of other sources, so there's a good chance I'm wrong, but it's how I try and keep my neurotic side in check.

Is there a storage place for one's belongings while interviewing?
Also, do we need to bring a writing pad or anything else besides the confidentiality forms?

Is there a storage place for one's belongings while interviewing?
Also, do we need to bring a writing pad or anything else besides the confidentiality forms?
Not 100% on the storage -- I think some people just kept their belongings in the Dean's Conference Room during the presentations and then before the MMI we all kept our belongings in one of the small group classrooms/workspaces.

Bringing a notepad is not required, and they will give you a packet with all of the information from the admissions presentation, so it's up to you if you want to bring one or not. I always do just in case!

Not 100% on the storage -- I think some people just kept their belongings in the Dean's Conference Room during the presentations and then before the MMI we all kept our belongings in one of the small group classrooms/workspaces.

Bringing a notepad is not required, and they will give you a packet with all of the information from the admissions presentation, so it's up to you if you want to bring one or not. I always do just in case!
Thanks for the info.

first acceptances go out 12/15 they said when i interviewed
IaLG69Wh.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know how the post-interview evaluation works? I know they score interviewees for each of the MMI stations, but that's about all I know. Thanks!

Anyone know how the post-interview evaluation works? I know they score interviewees for each of the MMI stations, but that's about all I know. Thanks!
I was wondering that too, are those interviewers present in the admission meetings or do they only give an evaluation? Because one of my interviewers was a med student..

I was wondering that too, are those interviewers present in the admission meetings or do they only give an evaluation? Because one of my interviewers was a med student..

I think the way it works is the interviewers fill out a form and evaluate your MMI stations and give you a numerical score. That numerical score from your MMIs is either added up or averaged (not sure which one), and added to the score you received from the rest of your apps. If you meet the threshold score, you're in. It's why some applicants have bad interviews but still get accepted because their primary/secondary was scored really high, and why some lower stats applicants get in, because they had a really good interview that made up for the lower stats.

Reactions: 3 users
Some medical schools send out an additional info tab on students portal prior to receiving an acceptance.
Does anyone know if RWJMS does this also?

Really hoping for some good news, absolutely loved this school.

Reactions: 2 users
Can't remember, is this one of the schools that releases acceptances by phone call, or is everything sent through email?

Can't remember, is this one of the schools that releases acceptances by phone call, or is everything sent through email?
Last year it looks like there were phone calls made between 3-4pm on December 15 for those who were accepted. I'm assuming same will happen tomorrow. I'm as anxious as y'all are to hear back and can't wait for my decision! Crossing my fingers for everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Friend just got accepted. They're coming for all those waiting.