2016-2017 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, folks....Does anyone know the exact date we're expected to show up in Bethesda? I've talked to a bunch of people at the school, and the best answer I got was: "About the end of July."

You will typically graduate at the end of the week for your respective officer training branch. You should show up to Bethesda the Monday or Tuesday after that week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
DO you have orders yet? It'll have your report date.
Thanks for all of your responses. I'm still a bit confused by all the lack of exact info from the Admissions and Student Affairs folks. One thing is for sure: I was told I won't get my orders til after I take my oath, which I hope to get out of the way tomorrow. And from what I can gather, I believe we're supposed to meet in Bethesda on July 31. But I have yet to see that in writing. We'll see.

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 8.55.27 AM.png

-- Screen shot from "USUHS1 checklist_applicant" document that I received in my bundle of contract documents.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for all of your responses. I'm still a bit confused by all the lack of exact info from the Admissions and Student Affairs folks. One thing is for sure: I was told I won't get my orders til after I take my oath, which I hope to get out of the way tomorrow. And from what I can gather, I believe we're supposed to meet in Bethesda on July 31. But I have yet to see that in writing. We'll see.
Wait, you can take your oath already? How do you do that? I thought we had to wait until we showed up at Ft. Sill.

Wait, you can take your oath already? How do you do that? I thought we had to wait until we showed up at Ft. Sill.

You can have any officer, active or veteran, administer the Oath of Office to you. You just need that piece of paper on hand if you elect to do it away from officer training. Can make it a pomp and circumstance kind of event if you have any officer's in your family or friend network.

You can have any officer, active or veteran, administer the Oath of Office to you. You just need that piece of paper on hand if you elect to do it away from officer training. Can make it a pomp and circumstance kind of event if you have any officer's in your family or friend network.
I was finally able to get my oath administered yesterday at an Army recruiting spot. Ms. Taylor, the Army liaison, said I had to do the oath before she would release my orders.....and I wouldn't be able to attend the fun at Ft. Sill unless I had my orders. She also emailed me to say we have to be in Bethesda by July 17, I imagine so they can account for our whereabouts.

I have a feeling this had been answered before, but does anyone know when we would see our first paycheck? It's been kinda difficult paying for all the expenses associated with finding an apartment and getting to ODS, so hopefully we'll see some funds soon!

I have a feeling this had been answered before, but does anyone know when we would see our first paycheck? It's been kinda difficult paying for all the expenses associated with finding an apartment and getting to ODS, so hopefully we'll see some funds soon!
This is based on BOLC experience: it may take a month after in-processing to receive your first check. If this is the case, you will be able to apply for an advance.

I am army and my orders were messed up through some admin mishap and I will also not get them in time for DCC. I spoke with Ms. Taylor and the CO and from what I can tell is our report date will be July 10th. That date is not solid yet, I am waiting to hear back from COL Carr on conformation. As soon as I hear anything I will update this post.

Last edited:
I am army and my orders were messed up through some admin mishap and I will also not get them in time for DCC. I spoke with Ms. Taylor and the CO and from what I can tell is our report date will be July 10th. That date is not solid yet, I am waiting to hear back from COL Carr on conformation. As soon as I hear anything I will update this post. Have any of the others, that will not receive orders on time, heard anything date wise yet?

I just received a call today from USUHS and they stated a report date of July 17 for those of us who will not get orders in time for DCC. That date is only if you need to attend the officer survival course.

I just received a call today from USUHS and they stated a report date of July 17 for those of us who will not get orders in time for DCC. That date is only if you need to attend the officer survival course.
Hmmm, who did you talk to? Because they told me the same day that it was gonna be July 10. I was told that by Ms. Taylor and LTC Saguil. I guess we will find out for sure when our orders do come down?

Hmmm, who did you talk to? Because they told me the same day that it was gonna be July 10. I was told that by Ms. Taylor and LTC Saguil. I guess we will find out for sure when our orders do come down?

I emailed the Senior Enlistment Advisor and was told there is a report date of 10 Jul to start the MOST training on 17 Jul. My orders still haven't come through so I am waiting to see the official word.

So I have a question. What should I do if my labs were built into my lectures? For the secondaries, they want class number of my labs, then also my lectures; should I put an addendum next to the lab along with the lecture course number? For example:

Sem/Qtr 1 Biology Lecture Course Number
BIOL 201
Sem/Qtr 1 Biology Lab Course Number
BIOL 201 (lab incorporated with lecture)

So I have a question. What should I do if my labs were built into my lectures? For the secondaries, they want class number of my labs, then also my lectures; should I put an addendum next to the lab along with the lecture course number? For example:

BIOL 201

I applied last cycle and that's what I did - no issues.

BIOL 201
I wouldn't sweat over the small things during this process. I doubt admissions focuses on that too much. Lecture - check, lab - check. Ok let's move on.

Hello! I am new to this network. I applied to USUHS Clinical Psychology Military Track in 2017 and was not accepted. I am currently active duty AF with 14 years experience in the mental health career field. I have a BS in Social Psychology and finishing up my Masters in Clinical Psychology this year with a 3.7 GPA (hopefully!) I plan on retaking the GRE. I scored under 300 last time. I wanted some advice and/or tips to make my application stronger so I can hopefully get selected next year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Hello! I am new to this network. I applied to USUHS Clinical Psychology Military Track in 2017 and was not accepted. I am currently active duty AF with 14 years experience in the mental health career field. I have a BS in Social Psychology and finishing up my Masters in Clinical Psychology this year with a 3.7 GPA (hopefully!) I plan on retaking the GRE. I scored under 300 last time. I wanted some advice and/or tips to make my application stronger so I can hopefully get selected next year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Hey Starbrite, USUHS is very competitive, have you ever thought about doing the HPSP program for clinical psych? Apply to USUHS but also apply to other doctorate programs and we can pick up two years of tuition and give you stipend while in any clinical/counseling psych doctorate program.

thank you! would you mind giving me some more information on the HPSP program for clinical/counseling psychology programs? I would greatly appreciate it. Does it matter that I am currently Active duty Air Force???

thank you! would you mind giving me some more information on the HPSP program for clinical/counseling psychology programs? I would greatly appreciate it. Does it matter that I am currently Active duty Air Force???

Nope, doesn't matter you will have to get a conditional release from your branch but that happens all the time. Send me a PM with your email and I will send you some more info.

Hello!

my email is keishas1011@gmail. Please send me all the information you have. Thank you!

I'm out! Hope my waitlist spot goes to someone who will use the possible spot!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile