2016-2017 University of Arizona - Tucson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what's the consensus here, do you guys think that we will hear more back about acceptances this week (Especially since nothing happened last week), or will it be after the Thanksgiving break??
Since we didn't hear back today, I'm thinking next week after the break.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually who ever is waiting should call now. Just called and the nice lady on the phone told me I got post interview hold and she accidentally forgot to send me an email regarding my decision. Even this morning my status said "under review" but she told me they completed my review and put me on hold. And I interviewed late October
It's going to keep saying "Under review" until you are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, being put on hold has no bearing on that status.

Because this week is short, they are not reviewing applications this week. Look forward to hear from them next week. Have a great thanksgiving everyone!

From talking with people who currently go to UA Tucson, a lot of the class is made up of people accepted after the hold. It's cool guys, it sucks now but you gotta keep the faith.
About what proportion or percentage you estimate that post hold accept to be ?

About what proportion or percentage you estimate that post hold accept to be ?

Probably varies from year to year. But it sounds like a fair percentage of the class does come from the hold list. Since UA handed out too many acceptances last year and ended up with a class larger than 115, we should expect them to be much more conservative with initial acceptances this year.
I was hoping we would hear more before Thanksgiving, but it looks like we may have to wait. I personally am not expecting much movement during the holiday season, given the number of days off between now and New Years and vacations.

I just got accepted!!! I can't believe it!!!

Reactions: 13 users
Congrats! So very excited for you! Good to see that there is hope for us and that the post interview hold isn't a death sentence.
Thank you :) for reference, I interviewed mid Sept, was put on hold on 10/17, and received one status update after that at the beginning on November.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you :) for reference, I interviewed mid Sept, was put on hold on 10/17, and received one status update after that at the beginning on November.

Thanks for the info! And once again congrats have a cold one for the rest of us hopeful's hahahaha.

Congrats!!!! Thanksgiving came early for you hahaha. You totally renewed my sense of hope too btw!

Are you oos?

Congrats!!!! Thanksgiving came early for you hahaha. You totally renewed my sense of hope too btw!

Are you oos?
Thank you! I am honesly surprised because I was fully prepared for the long long wait. And I am IS.

Rejected. OOS, Complete 9/1 LM ~65. On hold since early October

Got the hold email this morning. Interviewed 10/22. Congrats to all of those accepted!!

Good luck to those already accepted and those still in the running!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Was on hold for interview, received a rejection today. Good luck everyone!

Got the hold email this morning. Interviewed 10/22. Congrats to all of those accepted!!
Was this your first hold email? I didn't get one today but got one a few week ago...hmm...

Last one I received was 11/1 as well but I know for a fact they've sent out acceptances since then.

Same here, the last email I received from Arizona was 11/1 for a Post-II hold... I wonder why some people get the on-hold emails and others don't.

Reactions: 2 users
10/8 interviewer, post interview hold. Last email also on 11/1

For everyone else on post interview hold maybe another hold email is coming 12/1? OR maybe more acceptances?:xf:

lol I kind of forgot I applied to this school. rejected pre-II hold, OOS, 3.44 510. good luck to everyone else

Damn.
I guess the rejection hammer fell heavy today.
Pre-II hold.
OOS.
507 MCAT.
3.53 GPA.
I submitted on October 8th and haven't heard anything since the hold email...

Let's see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Damn.
I guess the rejection hammer fell heavy today.
Pre-II hold.
OOS.
507 MCAT.
3.53 GPA.
I submitted on October 8th and haven't heard anything since the hold email...

Let's see what happens.

haha yeah it did. good luck to you though bud

Anyone put on pre-II in October that has been rejected?
Trying to gauge whether or not they got to that batch of applications or not.

Rejected pre-II.

Complete mid-July, hold status in early August.

OOS, LizzyM ~68

Rejected pre II. Complete back in July, put on hold in early September.

I called the admissions office today and here is the information I received

-Acceptances have been extended to OOOS applicants.
-Admissions Committee meets every two weeks, but this may slow down during the holiday season
-If you are in a post-interview hold you still have a chance at an acceptance. Your file has been assigned a score and may be pulled back in for a full committee review at any time.
-Interview season extends into February.
-Everybody should know their status by end of March.
-No decision has been made about sending post-interview rejections before March.

I hope this information helps relieve some anxiety, helps you plan, or mentally prepare yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone been accepted after receiving a post-interview hold?

Rejected yesterday OOS - on hold since mid Sept and complete since early Aug