2016-2017 University of Arizona - Tucson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning!
IS
Secondary completed 10/25
Pre-II hold on 11/7

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II rejection today (11/30/2016, 7:13AM). Complete: August 1. Hold: September 7.

Has anyone been accepted after receiving a post-interview hold?
I think someone earlier this in this thread did. I'm right there with you at the post-interview hold stage. Tucson is my top choice for schools I've interviewed at and I'd accept/attend in a heartbeat. Since the most recent round of acceptances went out last Wednesday, we may be waiting at least another week to hear back again.

Also, is anyone else not getting hold emails/portal updates about other people getting acceptances? I know people were accepted last week but I never received another " Although you have not been selected at this time..." email.

I think someone earlier this in this thread did. I'm right there with you at the post-interview hold stage. Tucson is my top choice for schools I've interviewed at and I'd accept/attend in a heartbeat. Since the most recent round of acceptances went out last Wednesday, we may be waiting at least another week to hear back again.

Also, is anyone else not getting hold emails/portal updates about other people getting acceptances? I know people were accepted last week but I never received another " Although you have not been selected at this time..." email.
I got accepted after a post interview hold, so there's definitely hope!

Reactions: 1 user
Got rejected pre ii a couple days ago. OOS
Never got an email btw I checked the portal and saw it just now
Good luck everyone

Edit: meant to post this in Phoenix. Haven't received a decision from Tucson yet

Last edited:
Anyone complete late October or later been rejected after pre-II hold yet?

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes a lot of individuals are accepted from post-interview hold. I also have it on good authority that the adcom is being more conservative in applicant admission this year as they hope to draw from the waitlist (they haven't done so in the past two years).

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you !!!!!! I've been trying so hard to be patient but this just helped ease my anxiety tremendously!!
Also, it really does seem like they are being conservative with their acceptances. Just gotta hold tight fellow post-interviewees! :xf::luck:
Have you seen numbers anywhere or just going off a hunch?

Have you seen numbers anywhere or just going off a hunch?

Read their twitter feed.

I mean also it's twitter lol... so best not put too much hope into it. But any insight into their admissions process is good enough for me!

Read their twitter feed.

I mean also it's twitter lol... so best not put too much hope into it. But any insight into their admissions process is good enough for me!
I only see the one post about the 8 acceptances on 11/10.

I was interviewed on Dec 3. They said there are still 101 interviews to hand out -- I hope I eased some anxiety here.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone remember or know if the new acceptances are "supposedly" on schedule for this week or next week? (I think we might have lost track of it for a little bit there during the Thanksgiving break)

Is there a pattern to when interview invites are given out? Or are they sent randomly? Thanks!

Hi! Just wondering, is UA receptive to post interview updates?

I looked back at pg. 14 of this thread (The very top post) where the UA COM admissions stated "We do not accept update letters"... So it looks like you won't be able to send them anything post-interview. Sorry!

Reactions: 1 users
I looked back at pg. 14 of this thread (The very top post) where the UA COM admissions stated "We do not accept update letters"... So it looks like you won't be able to send them anything post-interview. Sorry!
Thanks!

Still hoping to hear about an II! This is my top choice of the schools I have left, especially because I'm IS.

Hey, what does the "pre- II" hold mean? I received an email saying they are unable to currently offer me an interview but I have been deemed a competitive candidate and my file will continue to be consider and I may be offered an interview up until February. Is that what you meant by "hold" ? I'm confused by the email I received.

Hey, what does the "pre- II" hold mean? I received an email saying they are unable to currently offer me an interview but I have been deemed a competitive candidate and my file will continue to be consider and I may be offered an interview up until February. Is that what you meant by "hold" ? I'm confused by the email I received.

It just means that you are under consideration for an interview within a certain group of qualified candidates that have been set apart... You might be offered an interview invite in the future or you might be rejected later on. You are basically on their fence and it could swing either way. (That's the meaning of the pre-II hold)

Has UA-T made any flat out rejections like UA-P or is everyone getting put on hold?

I think that post is saying, that they have 102 II's left to send out as opposed to acceptances. Unless I'm not looking at the correct post
Nevermind, optimism got the best of me. I think you're right which is good news for people still on pre-II hold!

Fresh new week for all of us waiting!
Good luck everyone :luck: hoping for some acceptances :xf:

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed here 12/3 and absolutely loved it. Top school of choice for sure! Best of luck to everyone

Interviewed here 12/3 and absolutely loved it. Top school of choice for sure! Best of luck to everyone

Same here. Absolutely love the curriculum and the community. Excited to hear about this week's acceptances.

Has anyone heard anything official about if there will be acceptances sent out this week?

If we are on interview hold, is there anything we can do to get an interview?

Seems like the best thing, and only thing, you can do is wait patiently... Or make a large enough cash donation for the university to build a new research facility or hospital wing.

Reactions: 3 users