2016-2017 University of Arizona - Tucson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG...ACCEPTED!!! Is what I would like to be able to say. Maybe if I keep putting it out in the universe :rofl:
Lol you got me there

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
So if we don't get an acceptance by March 15, are we pretty much waitlisted or rejected?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope to see the remainder of acceptances go to the zealous applicants on here!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when the next batch of acceptances are gonna be sent out? Dying over here

Officially withdrew my acceptance here last week. Good luck all!

Reactions: 9 users
Hold again.
Honestly just want to hear a final decision. I don't even care what it is anymore, just end this cycle already lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Another day, another "you were not selected this time" email. Sigh...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Another day, another "you were not selected this time" email. Sigh...

While I appreciate the transparency, they really should have just rejected me from the start rather than put me through this torture since August. It's pretty obvious that I'm in a rejection pile as of right now. Just give it to me straight UofA. Jesus.

Sounds like the projected number may change? I hope it remains at at least 155. I did not receive an update today... not sure how to interpret that, but I really hope the admissions committee continues to be generous with their acceptance offerings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like the projected number may change? I hope it remains at at least 155. I did not receive an update today... not sure how to interpret that, but I really hope the admissions committee continues to be generous with their acceptance rate. Would do anything for the opportunity to attend UACOM.
If it's the same as last year, I think they have 2 more rounds of acceptances in the last week of march back to back! And then the torture will be over

Sounds like the projected number may change? I hope it remains at at least 155. I did not receive an update today... not sure how to interpret that, but I really hope the admissions committee continues to be generous with their acceptance offerings.

Maybe no update now means an acceptance is coming later?! Ive read in this thread some people got one in the afternoon!

COME ON UNIVERSE and @UAZ COM-T Admissions , drop any reservations and take a chance !!!

Last edited:
While I appreciate the transparency, they really should have just rejected me from the start rather than put me through this torture since August. It's pretty obvious that I'm in a rejection pile as of right now. Just give it to me straight UofA. Jesus.

Never give up @alludallu !

Reactions: 1 users
Meanwhile, here in NY:

Just another reason to love Tucson :nod: lol

Attachments

• IMG_6444.PNG
    IMG_6444.PNG
    774 KB · Views: 102
@UAZ COM-T how many out of state applicant have you accepted?

Will acceptances still be offered despite the class being fillled? Or is it too early to know for sure?

Pretty much expecting a rejection or waitlist (at best), but trying to remain hopeful :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
"The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson sent out a round of acceptances today. Although you have not been selected at this time, you remain an active candidate in our applicant pool. This is not a rejection letter. You will remain eligible for an acceptance at any time during the season. It is our goal to keep you updated about admissions decisions."

Reactions: 5 users
"The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson sent out a round of acceptances today. Although you have not been selected at this time, you remain an active candidate in our applicant pool. This is not a rejection letter. You will remain eligible for an acceptance at any time during the season. It is our goal to keep you updated about admissions decisions."
Oh my god hey!! What a crazy surprise. I haven't been selected for the 9th time now yay!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone ! I know I am late to the group but I thought I would share my story! I am a 2nd time re-applicant who interviewed late January and is still hopeful as many of you all are ! I am currently going into my 4th semester (MS2) at American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. I am a local tucsonian, my parents live within blocks from the U of A campus. I still have not given up on my dream to be accepted into U of A Tucson despite almost being done with my medical science coursework. My path is rather non traditional for applying to a US medical school so I thought it may give those some courage to never give up on your dream of becoming a physician! No matter what you will find a way and make it happen. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions about my stats/medical school/AUCSOM/life. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I wasn't even expecting to see anything today. But when I saw that "admissions" in my inbox I was excited! Then immediately returned to reality upon reading:

You got me UofA...you got me. Lol...keep hope alive :beat:

Reactions: 3 users
I wasn't even expecting to see anything today. But when I saw that "admissions" in my inbox I was excited! Then immediately returned to reality upon reading:

You got me UofA...you got me. Lol...keep hope alive :beat:
SAME! I wasn't expecting anything until Friday because thats when they seem to send everything out. So I got super excited...

+5
There's probably like 20 seats left at this point. No hope for an OOS applicant like me.

As grateful as I am to still be in consideration for admittance (remaining hopeful), at this point in time, I do wish the committee had rejected applicants on a rolling basis, particularly those that they deemed early on were 'not competitive enough'. My husband is matching this Friday and he ranked Tucson before some of his other top programs because I was still under consideration for admittance. Not complaining - I am very grateful but it would be unfortunate if I was one of those applicants who could have been let go early on... everything happens for a reason though, right?! Best of luck to you all

Reactions: 9 users
As grateful as I am to still be in consideration for admittance (remaining hopeful), at this point in time, I do wish the committee had rejected applicants on a rolling basis, particularly those that they deemed early on were 'not competitive enough'. My husband is matching this Friday and he ranked Tucson before some of his other top programs because I was still under consideration for admittance. Not complaining - I am very grateful but it would be unfortunate if I was one of those applicants who could have been let go early on... everything happens for a reason though, right?! Best of luck to you all
Exactly my problem with this process. If we're not good enough, tell us.

I wonder why it is they don't?
I can understand the benefit from no rolling rejection from the adcom perspective, but for future improvements maybe consider having 2 rounds of rejections, one at the end of the application year (like before holiday break) and the other one at the end of the cycle (march/April-ish). That way early interviewers do not need to wait out the entire cycle for a final decision.

Reactions: 7 users
I wonder why it is they don't?

Exactly, they can't seriously still be considering 400+ applicants who interviewed and haven't been accepted for the measly 20 spots or so that are left.

Has anyone in this thread received a firm rejection?
Or is everyone still "actively being considered?"

Has anyone in this thread received a firm rejection?
Or is everyone still "actively being considered?"
I got another hold email yesterday. I definitely understand everyone's frustration. I'm in the same boat. I also placed Tucson at the top of my list, partially for family reasons (My mom is getting old and there is nobody to watch over her). It's not easy to wait and remain hopeful, but I'm still trying to stay positive. Best of luck to everybody. We will all be very happy soon! One way or the other.

Last edited: