2016-2017 University of California - Riverside Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an invitation to interview!!
CONGRATS~~
When were you complete?
Can I ask what your stats were?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATS~~
When were you complete?
Can I ask what your stats were?
There is no date next to my Complete check box but I think my application was ready for review mid-September. My LizzyM score is 66, biology grad student with 3 years research and other ECs. I'm from Riverside.

Available day was March 11!

I'm not sure what my odds are interviewing this late in the cycle. But I am really excited!!

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no date next to my Complete check box but I think my application was ready for review mid-September. My LizzyM score is 66, biology grad student with 3 years research and other ECs. I'm from Riverside.

I'm not sure what my odds are interviewing this late in the cycle. But I am really excited!!
CONGRATS again and good luck on your interviews!

Is this the last interview date? Still waiting for an answer :dead:

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today. Interviewed 2/25

Reactions: 4 users
Really anxious/excited for my interview here. Do they have any information on their particular MMI out there?

It appears that tomorrow is the last interview date and has been filled...sigh...

I was told by admissions it was the last one..

Members don't see this ad :)
Where can you find your UCR Student ID? Trying to apply for the fee offset grant but I can't submit it without that :/

Where can you find your UCR Student ID? Trying to apply for the fee offset grant but I can't submit it without that :/
I emailed the financial aid office and they gave me the UCR ID.

Reactions: 1 users
When do you think we'll have info about where the inaugural class matched? I think it's really exciting that we had a 100% match rate!

I think the secondary for this app literally took me at least 20 hours to complete in July... I put so much time into it and was really excited about this school. It's frustrating that the adcom could not even get it together enough to e-mail me a rejection... I called them every few months for updates and they never even got to my app. Just very disheartening. What a waste of time.

(Sorry, needed to vent. CA native, went to school about an hour away from here)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I think the secondary for this app literally took me at least 20 hours to complete in July... I put so much time into it and was really excited about this school. It's frustrating that the adcom could not even get it together enough to e-mail me a rejection... I called them every few months for updates and they never even got to my app. Just very frustrating. What a waste of time.

(Sorry, needed to vent. CA native, went to school about an hour away from here)
+1 .... this whole process has been incredibly mind boggling.

Just got accepted here!! Interviewed 3/11 :)

Reactions: 7 users
I guess the rest of us are now waitlisted...I also interviewed March 11. The waiting game continues.

I interviewed with the absolute very first batch back in September and still haven't heard back.

Does anyone know if UCR has requirements for grades when you're accepted? I was accepted to a DO school that said as long as you get Cs in any prereqs they don't care (just graduate!). Is it the same for UCR or will they bar you if you get below Bs, Cs etc.

I know, I know, at this point, I shouldn't worry about getting Bs and Cs but this semester is a bit different than the norm (in regards to non-academic activities) and I have to start thinking this way.

Does anyone know if UCR has requirements for grades when you're accepted? I was accepted to a DO school that said as long as you get Cs in any prereqs they don't care (just graduate!). Is it the same for UCR or will they bar you if you get below Bs, Cs etc.

I know, I know, at this point, I shouldn't worry about getting Bs and Cs but this semester is a bit different than the norm (in regards to non-academic activities) and I have to start thinking this way.
No. As long as you pass your courses (get a C or higher), you are good.

Any current UCR students around here that I can reach out to? :)

No. As long as you pass your courses (get a C or higher), you are good.
So pretty much as long as I graduate I'm ok? My school allows you to get a D and pass the course as long as your overall GPA is a 2.0

so I've been lurking here for months but.....

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone knows when UCR will release fin aid info? I tried calling but no luck catching them so far :(

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook page or how people meet for housing? Kind of looking to house with 1 or 2 other people.

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook page or how people meet for housing? Kind of looking to house with 1 or 2 other people.
I'm guessing we'll find out on Thursday during recruitment day?

I'm guessing we'll find out on Thursday during recruitment day?
Makes sense. I'm just looking at Craigslist and getting excited about not having to pay $1000 for your own room haha.

Reactions: 2 users

I was wondering the same! I tried searching for a group on FB and couldn't find anything. Look forward to meeting you all on Thursday!!!

The Facebook group has been created! If you search "UCR School of Medicine Class of 2021" you should be able to find it.

For those of you looking for roommates now, I think that's a great idea (though the housing situation is very good in Riverside and there's no rush). My roommates and I all found each other on recruitment day and it worked out well.

super excited for meeting you all tomorrow!!

Last edited:
The Facebook group has been created! If you search "UCR School of Medicine Class of 2021" you should be able to find it.

For those of you looking for roommates now, I think that's a great idea (though the housing situation is very good in Riverside and there's no rush). My roommates and I all found each other on recruitment day and it worked out well.

Any locations where we can start looking for housing?

About to withdraw my acceptance, hope this means one of you guys gets off the waitlist soon!

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you who are still "waitlisted," has anyone submitted a letter of update in the past two weeks and heard back from the admissions office? Compared to my first update submission, the admissions office is taking a long while to confirm this time...

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Accepted a couple months ago and just withdrew. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Reactions: 4 users
Never got an answer back after my interview in September. I guess I'm waitlisted. When do they usually start pullng people off the waitlist?

Never got an answer back after my interview in September. I guess I'm waitlisted. When do they usually start pullng people off the waitlist?
They told me ~April 30, so right now.

Any news of waitlist movement?
probably wouldn't have heard anything yet since the admissions committee needs to meet before they accept people from the waitlist. They'll begin to trickle out soon!

Anyone know how to get a UCR NetID
Or know how to log on to the UC Learning Center for the online trainings we have to do?

Or know how to log on to the UC Learning Center for the online trainings we have to do?
I dunno, I haven't gotten anything yet. I assume we'll get an email with that stuff at some point before school starts

I suggest contacting the registrar. I believe Cheri is the registrar specifically for med school.

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist after the April 30th deadline? Curious to know if there has been any movement at all. When can waitlisted people expect to hear good (or bad) news up until?

A part of me dies with every day that passes in silence!!!!