2016-2017 University of California - San Diego Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today! It's surreal knowing I'm going to become a physician

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Wait listed...anyone have an idea of what's the possibility of being accepted off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted as well! Interviewed on 12/8

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone on the waitlist inquired about why they were placed on the waitlist vs. accepted? I have some more interviews coming up and they also use the MMIs. I'd like to know if there is something I can fix before going to my other interviews. Any suggestions?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone on the waitlist inquired about why they were placed on the waitlist vs. accepted? I have some more interviews coming up and they also use the MMIs. I'd like to know if there is something I can fix before going to my other interviews. Any suggestions?
Just from past experience: Every school I interviewed where I was not accepted told me that they couldn't offer interview feedback due to their busy workload and whatnot. I mean doesn't hurt to ask but I don't think they'll be of much help

Reactions: 1 user
Just from past experience: Every school I interviewed where I was not accepted told me that they couldn't offer interview feedback due to their busy workload and whatnot. I mean doesn't hurt to ask but I don't think they'll be of much help
Thank you for your input!

anyone else waiting to hear back post-secondary?

submitted in sept, with no hold/II/rejection

Reactions: 6 users
+1 complete mid august, no hold/II/rejection

+1 complete mid august, no hold/II/rejection

I called last week and they said I should be hearing from them at the end of that week, so I was expecting a rejection email on Friday but haven't gotten anything yet

so I guess calling isn't too effective either

Members don't see this ad :)
lolol this is crazy.... but yeah, I'm sort of assuming a rejection at this point -_-

If it has been 12 weeks and I was not put on hold, does that mean I am rejected? On the portal, it says that people with "hold status" will be re-reviewed in January, but nothing has happened for me yet... not a rejection or a hold.

If it has been 12 weeks and I was not put on hold, does that mean I am rejected? On the portal, it says that people with "hold status" will be re-reviewed in January, but nothing has happened for me yet... not a rejection or a hold.
I read this as "12 years"...though that's pretty much how long this app cycle feels tbh

Has anyone been accepted into the PRIME program? Just out of curiousity.
I don't think so, for two reasons:
  1. On interview day, they told us that they waited until all PRIME interviews were completed (I think February?) before they made final decisions.
  2. The acceptance letter noted that they had not yet made decisions for PRIME acceptances, with initial offers for PRIME occurring in March 2017.
Hope that helps!

To those of you who already interviewed:

I know you are not allowed to go into detail about the MMI, but is it possible to say if there will be personal questions/non-scenario questions like "Why UCSD" or "Why Medicine? or "Tell me about X that was on your application?" If so, do I get eight minutes to answer those questions?

Thanks!

Complete first week of August 2016 with no decision yet. Anybody else in the same boat??

I wonder if they're ever going to get around to those holds that are supposed to be reviewed in January :sleep:

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else hear nothing for 14 weeks? No hold and no word? Is it advised to give them a phone call at this point? Take one for the team? :|

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else hear nothing for 14 weeks? No hold and no word? Is it advised to give them a phone call at this point? Take one for the team? :|

Same here. It seems like they have not sent out any post secondary rejections yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Want to send an update letter/letter of interest. Anyone know where to send it to?

Has anyone placed on interview hold heard anything back yet? I know it says by late January but was wondering if they were dealing with holds on a rolling basis.

Has anyone placed on interview hold heard anything back yet? I know it says by late January but was wondering if they were dealing with holds on a rolling basis.
I think they forgot about me because I was never put on hold. hah

I have yet to hear anything back and was put on hold on Oct. 7, was complete on Aug. 15.

complete early august + no hold checking in, just got my II! my first II of the season so don't give up hope!

Reactions: 15 users
Congrats! Mind sharing stats?
Thanks!
ORM; CA resident; LM ~74 (high MCAT/low GPA); lots of clinical; some research + no pubs. Interview dates available within a month of II.

Last edited:
Thanks!
ORM; CA resident; ~3.25 UG GPA+ 4.0 Post-bac (~3.4 total); MCAT: 33, 522; lots of clinical; some research + no pubs. Interview dates available within a month of II.

congrats!! are there a lot of open interview dates left?

not sure! it only showed 3 dates so it looks like they have a certain number of spots available for each wave of II's

Hi! If you, or anyone else in the thread, can still look at the scheduler could you please check what interview dates are still open with PRIME interviews available. I am supposed to interview next week and just had something come up, but I'm not sure if my date was already the last PRIME interview date.

TIA!!

Hi! If you, or anyone else in the thread, can still look at the scheduler could you please check what interview dates are still open with PRIME interviews available. I am supposed to interview next week and just had something come up, but I'm not sure if my date was already the last PRIME interview date.

TIA!!
It didn't have PRIME or any other markings on the reservation page, but I didn't apply for PRIME so that could be why

TIA!!
I have a prime interview on February 16. Not sure if it's full yet.

For anyone accepted into the Core Topics in Biomedical Science Summer Program and looking for a roommate, could you please PM me? I'm looking into housing options. Thank you!

Just got an II after months of silence; turning it down but just thought I'd put that out there for those still waiting to hear back post-secondary! I was added to the MD-only pile after an MSTP rejection on 10/31.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an II after months of silence; turning it down but just thought I'd put that out there for those still waiting to hear back post-secondary! I was added to the MD-only pile after an MSTP rejection on 10/31.
congrats! what are your stats and when were you complete?

congrats! what are your stats and when were you complete?

well I was complete 8/27 but considered for the MD-only program at the earliest 10/31, when my application was moved from the MSTP pool. hope that helps somewhat... I have a LizzyM score of 74 (it seems like that's how people on sdn talk about stats???? i'm very new here sorry!)

Rejected pre II.
Completed mid Sept, CA resident.

Got my rejection email an hour after sending them an update email!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile