2016-2017 University of California - San Diego Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected pre II.
Completed mid Sept, CA resident.

Got my rejection email an hour after sending them an update email!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I thought they don't accept updates

Members don't see this ad.

rejected pre-II. applied for PRIME. complete november sometime.

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you guys put on hold before being rejected?

Reactions: 1 user
:( Rejected pre-II. No hold. Complete in Sept.

What about the rest of us -- on hold, not rejected, seemingly not getting an II? Do we think the hold is just gonna lead to a rejection?

Were you guys put on hold before being rejected?
To answer my own question, I was put on hold back in October and just got the rejection letter. Oh well, on to other things

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected preII, complete since late July, on hold since October. CA resident, LM75.

Rejected pre-II after being put on hold. Dreams crushed :*(

Did anyone's portal change when rejected?

Reactions: 2 users
i was also blessed with a rejection , ty ucsd

joinin the reject pile

complete aug, no hold, pre ii

Rejected today pre-II. Was not on hold.

Rejected. Pre II. Definitely saw it coming when I heard that they were filling their waitlist when I was on hold.

For those that have interviewed, please help me to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

The information I have only mentions the 8 stations. Does this mean that there will no chance for any interview questions that you'd be asked in a more traditional interview? I ask because I interviewed at UCLA (last year) and they had the 8 (or so) stations followed by a slightly lengthened traditional interview (e.g. "Why this school?" "Why medicine?" etc.).

If this is the case that it's only the 8 scenario-type stations (i.e. no opportunity for more personal conversation), am I the only one that finds this odd?

Many thanks for your help!

reeeeejection, on hold prior

Is anyone still on hold? Or did they reject everyone who was on hold?

As far as I know I'm still on hold. Paranoid I missed an email or something though.

+1 *Checks email, checks portal, frowns, rinse/repeat x1000*

Reactions: 1 users
What about the rest of us -- on hold, not rejected, seemingly not getting an II? Do we think the hold is just gonna lead to a rejection?
I think it's a good sign because the rejection email said, "The Admissions Committee of the UCSD School of Medicine has completed the review of applicants that submitted secondary applications earlier in the cycle." So my guess is they're probably going to start reviewing on holds now, and I've heard they're still offering interviews.

On hold since October, just got axed. No California love this cycle :( Good luck everyone!

For those that have interviewed, please help me to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

The information I have only mentions the 8 stations. Does this mean that there will no chance for any of the types of interview questions that you'd be asked in a more traditional interview? I ask because I interviewed at UCLA (last year) and they had the 8 (or so) stations followed by a slightly lengthened traditional interview (e.g. "Why this school?" "Why medicine?" etc.).

If this is the case that it's only the 8 scenario-type stations (i.e. no opportunity for more personal conversation), am I the only one that finds this odd?

The information I have only mentions the 8 stations. Does this mean that there will no chance for any of the types of interview questions that you'd be asked in a more traditional interview? I ask because I interviewed at UCLA (last year) and they had the 8 (or so) stations followed by a slightly lengthened traditional interview (e.g. "Why this school?" "Why medicine?" etc.).

If you're asking if there is a slightly lengthened traditional-like interview after the 8 MMI stations as with UCLA - No.
If you're asking if there are traditional-like questions in the MMI itself - All interviewees sign a confidentiality agreement so we cannot disclose any info regarding the stations.
Is it odd? Maybe. Not that it matters either way. Gotta just go in and be yourself. Hope this helps!

I'm comfortable saying that it is possible for traditional questions to pop up during MMI scenarios or follow-up questioning with the interviewers, just like at any MMI.

you are understanding it correctly
I didn't find it odd personally
Had an interviewer who said he didn't ask 'why this school/why medicine' ever because he was bored of canned responses

It seems like Brian sometimes calls those who are accepted to let them know of the good news, while others only get an acceptance email and then later the letter mailed to them. Can anyone that was accepted confirm if you will for sure get a call or not? Thanks!

Has anyone gotten an II who was previously on hold??

Reactions: 2 users
It seems like Brian sometimes calls those who are accepted to let them know of the good news, while others only get an acceptance email and then later the letter mailed to them. Can anyone that was accepted confirm if you will for sure get a call or not? Thanks!
As n=1, I got an email + letter but no phone call.