2016-2017 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My other thought is that if they sent me the secondary so late in the season they must have liked what I said in my AMCAS. No need to beat a dead horse.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted my secondary back on 8/5 and still haven't heard a word. I have no idea what to think. LizzyM ~75. OOS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Received interview invite yesterday!!!! Could not believe it. Dream school and super grateful. LizzyM 75, complete end of August [3 months ago!]. California resident, 3.5 years out of undergrad

For my secondary, I wrote a couple very bland paragraphs about my current research, was not expecting an interview here at all! There's hope for those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received interview invite yesterday!!!! Could not believe it. Dream school and super grateful. LizzyM 75, complete end of August [3 months ago!]. California resident, 3.5 years out of undergrad

For my secondary, I wrote a couple very bland paragraphs about my current research, was not expecting an interview here at all! There's hope for those still waiting!
Congrats! !!! Happy for you

Congrats! Which interviews dates were available to you? thanks

Rejected just now, very disappointed but knew it was a reach. Complete late aug. Best of luck everyone!

Rejected pre-interview tonight. OOS. Lizzy M 68-73. Complete early September.

Nothing post-secondary for me so far. Also complete late august/early sept. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected post secondary last night! Complete in late August.

Haven't heard a peep since July. Don't know what to think

I'm surprised I got a secondary request earlier this week. I've been rejected pre interview at many lower ranking schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got secondary two days ago. Was complete late August, waiting around 3 months. No patience, no patients. Just glad i get a chance now~

My secondary was complete 7/14, and I just got my pleasantly gentle rejection email this week :)

Quick question. Im extremely interested in the PRIME program. Does this program require me to get into primary care only?

Quick question. Im extremely interested in the PRIME program. Does this program require me to get into primary care only?

PRIME is geared towards underserved primary care but remember you don't specialize until your residency and fellowship years so it won't force you into primary care.

Nope--there's plenty of need for people interested in serving vulnerable populations across all specialties.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey do you guys know what UCSF's policy is regarding update letters? Should I just email the admissions with my update? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey do you guys know what UCSF's policy is regarding update letters? Should I just email the admissions with my update? Thanks!

They are receptive to post interview updates, and yes email admissions. :]

Still waiting for my pre II rejection... secondary complete since July

II today! First available interview was end of January

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected post-secondary last night, complete late August. Thought maybe it was a good sign that I survived the earlier late August rejection wave but I suppose not. Good luck to those still in the running!