2016-2017 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got an interview for the MSTP! first II for an MD/PhD!! OOS, LizzyM ~77, complete last week of july

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II today!! Very excited but they scheduled me 2 days after another interview I'm attending. Has anyone here tried to contact them regarding changing the date, and if so, how did it work out?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today!! Very excited but they scheduled me 2 days after another interview I'm attending. Has anyone here tried to contact them regarding changing the date, and if so, how did it work out?
I changed the date without issue

I just got an II ! Super excited to interview here ! How is everyone preparing for the MMI format? and what should I expect on interview day ?

I just got an II ! Super excited to interview here ! How is everyone preparing for the MMI format? and what should I expect on interview day ?

Interview day was pretty relaxed, everyone was very nice, and (like previous people have said) they walk you through the MMI before it happens. Look at the interview stickied stuff on this forum and I think there is an MMI section, but really you can't prepare that much. Just have the simple why you want to be a doctor, etc. responses though out in the case they come up in conversation in one or two MMI rooms. I think I only was asked that once and it was after I had answered the prompt

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview day was pretty relaxed, everyone was very nice, and (like previous people have said) they walk you through the MMI before it happens. Look at the interview stickied stuff on this forum and I think there is an MMI section, but really you can't prepare that much. Just have the simple why you want to be a doctor, etc. responses though out in the case they come up in conversation in one or two MMI rooms. I think I only was asked that once and it was after I had answered the prompt

Thank you : )

Congrats! Would you mind sharing completion date and stats?

Got an II this week for December... This wait is going to kill me!

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning. Completed 8/8. IS. 513/3.99. Good Luck to everyone still waiting for a response

Reactions: 2 users
Got an II this week for December... This wait is going to kill me!

That's interesting, I just got one today for November. Strange for later invites to be getting earlier dates. Maybe they just had a cancellation or something. Are you IS or OOS?

Great signature, btw.

That's interesting, I just got one today for November. Strange for later invites to be getting earlier dates. Maybe they just had a cancellation or something. Are you IS or OOS?

Great signature, btw.

I received one over a month ago and it was for Nov. 1. I think they prioritize interview dates somehow... I am interviewing on "Diversity Day"

Great signature, btw.

I got one today, completed 8/8. My interview is next week!!!!

Received a II here today! OOS, LizzyM 77. I was complete 8/16.

It is strange how they're scheduling interviews; mine is set for 11/16, so I'm not sure how they do it. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it!

Received a II here today! OOS, LizzyM 77. I was complete 8/16.

It is strange how they're scheduling interviews; mine is set for 11/16, so I'm not sure how they do it. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it!

I live in Cincinnati, which is why they gave me such an early interview date. So I guess, they just want to give you more time for travel arrangements (I am just guessing I don't actually know)

I live in Cincinnati, which is why they gave me such an early interview date. So I guess, they just want to give you more time for travel arrangements (I am just guessing I don't actually know)

I live across the country and would have been there tommorrow if they told me to lol

I live across the country and would have been there tommorrow if they told me to lol

Lol, I am willing to do the same thing if any of the other schools I applied to offered me an interview.

Just out of curiosity, though, why are you applying to a lot of med-west schools if you live across the country?

Lol, I am willing to do the same thing if any of the other schools I applied to offered me an interview.

Just out of curiosity, though, why are you applying to a lot of med-west schools if you live across the country?

OH resident, currently living across the country for a year but did not establish residency because I want to come back to the great state of OH (or close!)

Am I just missing something, or do they not accept application updates?

Can anyone who interviewed on Sept. 20 or Sept. 30 please comment on how the MMI and the day in general went?

So from what I understand Cincinnati is still intending to send out its first batch of acceptances on Saturday!

So from what I understand Cincinnati is still intending to send out its first batch of acceptances on Saturday!

Really? I'm almost certain that the AAMC mandated that all schools send out acceptances no earlier than the 17th. There's a copy of the email circulating somewhere on SDN that the adcoms got from the AAMC.

Really? I'm almost certain that the AAMC mandated that all schools send out acceptances no earlier than the 17th. There's a copy of the email circulating somewhere on SDN that the adcoms got from the AAMC.
It's not mandated. They are just heavily recommended guidelines that most schools agree to follow.

Yeah I gave them a ring this week and they said they still intended to! I saw that thing on Reddit too, hopefully they stick to that

I can confirm; I called them today as well and they said they are still releasing them Saturday. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
ugh my anxiety is killing me! anyone get anything yet?

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone, I am a current student at UCCOM. I just wanted to say that as of yesterday, the admissions office will be waiting until Monday to give out acceptances in order to be in accordance with AAMC policy. I know this is a change from what was said on your interview days or what may have been stated earlier this week, but hopefully everyone can relax just a bit for the rest of the weekend.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone, I am a current student at UCCOM. I just wanted to say that as of yesterday, the admissions office will be waiting until Monday to give out acceptances in order to be in accordance with AAMC policy. I know this is a change from what was said on your interview days or what may have been stated earlier this week, but hopefully everyone can relax just a bit for the rest of the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks but now I have to spend a few hours unclenching my buttons. You'd think it was tetanus..

Edit: butthole not buttons..

Why on earth would they do that? Especially without some sort of notification.

Anyone else have both an acceptance message on the portal and the no final decision reached message below it? Realllly hoping it's not a mistake!