2016-2017 University of South Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the acceptance call! OOS for the CORE program :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to CORE (Thursday, ~2pm)! Interviewed 11/8. Congrats to the others!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call for SELECT! Interviewed last week. OOS. Very excited!

Good luck to you guys still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
I pulled the trigger and made a group. If you search USF Morsani COM 2021 you can find it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the acceptance call as well!!! interviewed 11/8 OOS. I Loved USF, I'm super excited!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I was accepted on 11/2 after interviewing on 10/25. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if there is a time limit to accept our offer of admission? I know some of the other schools I interviewed at required notification within 30 days. I still have one more interview, and want to make sure I don't blow it with USF by missing this deadline if there is one!

Hey guys! I was accepted on 11/2 after interviewing on 10/25. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if there is a time limit to accept our offer of admission? I know some of the other schools I interviewed at required notification within 30 days. I still have one more interview, and want to make sure I don't blow it with USF by missing this deadline if there is one!

According to the MSAR, its 2 weeks. I don't know if this is from when you get called, or when you get the acceptance package.

On a side note, I interviewed on 10/25 too! So we probably talked briefly haha

According to the MSAR, its 2 weeks. I don't know if this is from when you get called, or when you get the acceptance package.

On a side note, I interviewed on 10/25 too! So we probably talked briefly haha

That's crazy! I talked to most everyone, so probably so!

To clarify, in case anyone else looks on here for the same answer - I got an official confirmation this morning from the admissions office that the only deadline is the one at the very end of the cycle on April 30, so I have no idea where MSAR got that info from!

That's crazy! I talked to most everyone, so probably so!

To clarify, in case anyone else looks on here for the same answer - I got an official confirmation this morning from the admissions office that the only deadline is the one at the very end of the cycle on April 30, so I have no idea where MSAR got that info from!

Thanks for the update!

JUST GOT THE CALL ACCEPTED TO CORE!!!!!!!

Hey everyone! I'm just a little worried right now, so I would appreciate anyone's help.

I submitted my secondary on 09/16/2016 and I got the email saying that my application is complete. But I have not heard back from USF since then, so about TWO months!
I guess I'm just getting anxiety seeing everyone else's messages on here about interviews and acceptances.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hey everyone! I'm just a little worried right now, so I would appreciate anyone's help.

I submitted my secondary on 09/16/2016 and I got the email saying that my application is complete. But I have not heard back from USF since then, so about TWO months!
I guess I'm just getting anxiety seeing everyone else's messages on here about interviews and acceptances.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Join the club. I think I've been waiting for ~3 months now and there are many people on here who have been waiting even longer. I'm hoping we'll see a surge of interview invites post-Thanksgiving. Happy holidays!

Reactions: 3 users
Join the club. I think I've been waiting for ~3 months now and there are many people on here who have been waiting even longer. I'm hoping we'll see a surge of interview invites post-Thanksgiving. Happy holidays!

Wow, okay that's reassuring to hear! Are you also OOS? Yes, I hope that there were be a surge of interviews after Thanksgiving too. Happy Holidays to you too!

Any advice?

Thanks!

Don't give up hope. I had silence from USF until January (complete early August) and then got an II. Currently in my 4th year and graduating next year. :)

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone that's been accepted in the past couple of weeks gotten an email/had their portal updated? or is that just not a thing anymore

Has anyone that's been accepted in the past couple of weeks gotten an email/had their portal updated? or is that just not a thing anymore
I was accepted last tuesday and haven't received an email or portal update

Complete mid august and my application was just viewed for the first time today! I had quit checking on it but got bored at work and figured "why not?" maybe i'll get an II? who knows

Complete mid august and my application was just viewed for the first time today! I had quit checking on it but got bored at work and figured "why not?" maybe i'll get an II? who knows

How do you know it was viewed?

Since Morsani has a huge class size, is it harder to get good rec letters for residency apps?

It'll say "last viewed" and a date in the status part of the portal.
mine says "your application is ready!"

so that means they haven't even looked at it yet lol? I was complete mid july

mine says "your application is ready!"

so that means they haven't even looked at it yet lol? I was complete mid july
I find it hard to believe that with an application worthy of 11 MD II's and an early complete date that they haven't looked at your application lol. I am fairly confident that I've seen other people get II's even though their application portal still says "your application is ready". I would honestly feel a little more worried if I had been "seen or reviewed" already and hadn't received an II. To me, that seems like they have moved on and didn't think the app was worthy of an II at the time of reviewing it. Idk, but thats just my $0.02.

"Your application is ready! Your application was last viewed on 8/18/2016." I think I should just give up hopes on this one, they viewed me four months ago :/

"Your application is ready! Your application was last viewed on 8/18/2016." I think I should just give up hopes on this one, they viewed me four months ago :/

At least you've been viewed...

At least you've been viewed...

I got an interview invite and subsequently accepted without my application saying it had been viewed. You guys are still in the running, no worries

Hey, so for those that got accepted, did most of you get accepted around 8-10 days after interviewing? Or how long did it take you for all to get accepted after interviewing?

Hey, so for those that got accepted, did most of you get accepted around 8-10 days after interviewing? Or how long did it take you for all to get accepted after interviewing?
It was about 6 days for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

I got the call 9 days after the interview