2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea on whether they send IIs in batches or not?
Sorry, I have no clue!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard that the admissions process at Toledo is running behind this year...anybody have any idea if their is any truth to this? I'm IS with LizzyM of 71 and would love to get an II here.

Reactions: 1 users
I heard that the admissions process at Toledo is running behind this year...anybody have any idea if their is any truth to this? I'm IS with LizzyM of 71 and would love to get an II here.
They introduced a new MMI format this cycle and are currently running a bit behind. The first round of acceptances went out last week for people who interviewed in September. I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly, but at my interview day I think that they said that they wanted to do around 500 ish interviews or so this year (can someone correct me if I'm wrong about that?)

Members don't see this ad :)
They introduced a new MMI format this cycle and are currently running a bit behind. The first round of acceptances went out last week for people who interviewed in September. I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly, but at my interview day I think that they said that they wanted to do around 500 ish interviews or so this year (can someone correct me if I'm wrong about that?)
500-600 was the number that they gave during my interview on 9/12/16

anyone else get the email invite for the new curriculum changes webinar?

Reactions: 5 users
was it a general email sent out to all the applicants to toledo or just the interviewees?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything about acceptances recently? Interviewed 9/12, haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone heard anything about acceptances recently? Interviewed 9/12, haven't heard anything yet.
They come out on Wednesdays so you could be up tomorrow! I interviewed in October so I think I still have a wait ahead of me.

II just now! I managed to snag a date in January; there were only two available in February and I didn't look at March.

(I've been complete for forever, early July I think. LizzyM 70)

II just now! I managed to snag a date in January; there were only two available in February and I didn't look at March.

(I've been complete for forever, early July I think. LizzyM 70)
congratulations !! are you IS or OOS? Thanks

I think it's official Toledo hates me

Reactions: 5 users
I called the admissions office and they said that they are still very early in the process and only a handful of acceptances have gone out. They're hoping to have responses for everyone before the new year.

Reactions: 4 users
I called the admissions office and they said that they are still very early in the process and only a handful of acceptances have gone out. They're hoping to have responses for everyone before the new year.
This is the only school to say "early in the process" in December lol

Reactions: 2 users
This is the only school to say "early in the process" in December lol
Probably meant for sending out final decisions on acceptances, not decisions with II. Apparently they are already into february and march dates so it seems pretty late in the season, unfortunately...

Probably meant for sending out final decisions on acceptances, not decisions with II. Apparently they are already into february and march dates so it seems pretty late in the season, unfortunately...
Yeah. Always nice to hold out hope until that R comes in though

These e-mails from the admissions office we keep getting that aren't decisions are killing me, hahaha.

Reactions: 7 users
These e-mails from the admissions office we keep getting that aren't decisions are killing me, hahaha.

I haven't been getting any of those but my app has been under review for ages :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted this morning as well, what a nice email to wake up to :) Interviewed 11/02

Reactions: 8 users
I got an acceptance 12/13. I interviewed on 9/12. So happy to hear good news. I am a reapplicant so I'm very happy to finally have some good news!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to everyone on your acceptances. I am really happy at this school. It's a great place :)

Congrats to everyone on your acceptances. I am really happy at this school. It's a great place :)

If you don't mind, could you please comment on the aspects that you really like about this school? Also, while you won't be affected by the new pre-clinical curriculum, do you know what sort of curriculum they are going to? Thank you in advance!

aspects that you really like about this school?
I've been to some of the greatest medical schools/institutions in the world on the interview trail, and they ain't got sh#t on our sim center. That thing is a work of art, and will be invaluable as simulation takes over medical education. The Promedica deal will also be a huge boon for you folks who will get to train there. UTMC is nice, but Toledo Hospital is another world.
Also, while you won't be affected by the new pre-clinical curriculum, do you know what sort of curriculum they are going to?
I'm not sure exactly what their plan is, but taking step 1 earlier and having more elective time in 3rd year is huge. It wasn't unusual for people to not get the elective they wanted thus meaning they didn't get to rotated in their future specialty until 4th year. I don't think that will be much of a concern going forward. Little to no summer break sucks, but it's a net positive overall.

If you don't mind, could you please comment on the aspects that you really like about this school? Also, while you won't be affected by the new pre-clinical curriculum, do you know what sort of curriculum they are going to? Thank you in advance!
Sorry, just saw this. I love how non-competitive the school is. Everyone is truly trying to help each other out. Toledo isn't the greatest city ever, but there are so many opportunities at the school. So many ways to get involved, do research, do really interesting community service projects, etc. You can make the experience whatever you want it to be.
I am not too familiar with the new curriculum. They announced it to the school, but I was unable to attend the meeting. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Is the admissions office closed this week? Tomorrows Wednesday :|

Does anyone know anything about MedStart admissions pathway? After completing app email sent out said II's given in January, but another person in admissions said they would be sent out in February. Curious if anyone knows anything else

Does anyone know when the admission office close and reopen for holidays??

Does anyone know when the admission office close and reopen for holidays??

I think it's safe to say that no applications are going to be reviewed in the next 2-3 weeks, but they may have someone in the office to answer calls and such.

At my interview end of Nov, they said they wanted to let us know by the end of December. That made me think they would be in...
I see! Well perhaps you will hear today, but if you don't hear anything by the end of the day, then I wouldn't count on getting a response back until the new year. I doubt a committee will be meeting next week.

hoping for some OOS love! i know people have said theyre scheduling for feb and maybe march now but do they focus on IS II before giving out OOS ones or does it not matter?

Has anyone that interviewed early Nov still have not heard back? I think from what I remember they did say we would hear back before the new year

Has anyone that interviewed early Nov still have not heard back? I think from what I remember they did say we would hear back before the new year
I interviewed oct 25, I still haven't heard anything yet.