2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They told me during the interview that they planned to interview more than previous years. They said that this year they would interview between 500-600.
Thanks. According to MSAR they interviewed ~500 last year so it sounds like they're bumping it up closer to 600. This could explain why interviews are being scheduled so far out. Then again, I don't know what the norm is for Toledo.

Members don't see this ad.

I just called the Admissions Office and asked when September interviews would hear anything. They told me that October 15 was the earliest date that they could have released decisions but they were still deciding and that it will still take a few weeks. So, hang in there everyone. Still some more waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get accepted???

Also is this the first year that Toledo is doing MMI style interviews?

I think that this is the first year for the MMI for Toledo. I haven't heard anything yet regarding an acceptance or waitlist and I interviewed in September.

Anyone else having issues loading the secondary portal? I'm trying to submit an update but I'm getting a "Configuration Error", tried on Chrome and Safari.

Members don't see this ad :)
II! My first one of the year, very excited :claps:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! What dates were offered??

I chose the earliest one, Jan 13th, that was the only one in January available to me. I saw a few others in February still open, but can't remember which specific dates they were.

Reactions: 1 user
Sure, I'm an OOS non-trad, MCAT: 512, sGPA 3.2, originally thought my stats were on the low side, but their review process must be pretty holistic.

when did you receive your complete email for the secondary app??

Does anyone know if Toledo sends a link to a new website for acceptances or do they update the old one?

Does anyone know if Toledo sends a link to a new website for acceptances or do they update the old one?
I don't know. They still haven't gotten back to me. Did you get an acceptance?

I interviewed 2 months ago and we were told at the interview that we would hear back regarding acceptances on October 17, but I haven't heard anything yet either. The only correspondence I've had from Toledo have been the financial aid webinar emails. I'm concerned that I might be missing something; is something going on? I know it's the first year for MMI for Toledo but why is there such a lack of communication?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 9/6 and haven't heard back either. I have no idea why but I think it is across the board. Or at least of people on here.

I interviewed 9/6 and haven't heard back either. I have no idea why but I think it is across the board. Or at least of people on here.
I also interviewed that day and have not heard back

I don't know. I'm hoping they send out something next week so we will know before Thanksgiving break.

Does anyone have any idea how many IIs Toledo has given out? I think their interview season starts a bit later than most schools so I'm hoping I'm still in the running here since I'm an ISer and should have heard back earlier.

Reactions: 2 users
So, Toledo has sent me a bunch of emails asking me to apply, but I'm OOS and it's November 14th. Do they mean anything, or are they just after my money? Thanks!

guessing it's a money grab... isn't it past the deadline anyway?

I dread this waiting period... I was complete with my secondary since 10/19. I guess I'm too naive to think I should hear something back now when there are people who's been waiting since August/September... Anybody in the same boat?

I dread this waiting period... I was complete with my secondary since 10/19. I guess I'm too naive to think I should hear something back now when there are people who's been waiting since August/September... Anybody in the same boat?

Complete in July, still nothing

Complete Mid August, still nothing

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I went to the meet and greet and it is actually casual. it was a few people sitting around and chatting in a common space, students were in everything from athletic wear to jeans and a t-shirt. Would say to do "smart casual" because it is always better to look a bit more put together than everyone else, but it was actually very low key.
Has anyone gone to the meet and greet with students the night before your interview? If so, what level of attire did you wear? In the confirmation email I got, they said "dress is casual" but I don't want to look like a bum if others usually dress up.
Definitely come with questions because (at least my day) were just students ready to answer them, not to lead a discussion.

They wouldn't do yield protection for ISers would they? I really hope not.

Complete since the end of August... nothing

I interviewed here on 11/2 and asked them about when we going to be hearing back. The Admissions teams said that they were backed up and hadn't even made decisions on their earliest interview batches of people. They told us to be expecting something around 4-6 weeks after our interview date.

Reactions: 3 users
I know you're all waiting to hear about your admission decision but I just got an II and IM SO EXCITEDDDDD. I've been waiting for this day since I submitted my application and basically lost all hope.

I'm OOS (SE MI) and was complete around Aug 4.

Reactions: 6 users