*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There was the same amount of people each day I believe - so it wasn't like the last one was particularly bigger than the rest - and by the email, it sure to me sounded like they thought they were going to get through everyone, or least almost everyone, last week and the meeting on the 18th was "just in case". There is a lot of us on here still in the race to fit into "most if not all"...which means they are either waiting to tell us decisions just to wait, or are behind again on their expected timeline. The meeting was last week, so all those decisions are made. I personally was a Feb interview, so my guess is they are just waiting to notify for some reason - maybe Friday? Just put me out of my misery and reject me already, I know you're going to!
I assume the target each day was 24.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Offers are going out today. Gf just got called! She interviewed late March

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Of course my office is in the bowels of the hospital and I get zero cell phone reception. Just waiting for a rejection email instead to put all this waiting/anxiety to bed once and for all haha.

Reactions: 1 user
It's kind of disappointing that there's a group of us seemingly waiting for nothing. I'm not sure what the tactic is here ...

Maybe we were supposed to get rejected on Monday but there was an issue with the emails?

I'm sure most of the people who don't get an acceptance call today will get a waitlist email this week.

but why wait to send them, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Low key hoping WSU just wanted to Michael Scott me with that rejection

Looks like someone's girlfriend was that 20%....

Members don't see this ad :)
It's somewhat lunch time still I suppose, let's hope they are still on break and we can hear some more good news when they return :nailbiting:

I kinda wish I had never discovered this site, that way I could go on my marry way and be oblivious to when these decisions were being made. Then, instead of having this longing, sinking feeling, I would just get my email that said, "better luck next time."

At this point I'm just going for post count

But really, so much refresh today. I've been good most of the cycle about not being neurotic, but this week has been tough! I just want to know where the hell I'm going to be living in like 3.5 months, and I still have 3 post II decisions out there. Bah humbug, I have a super hard training swim workout I'm pressing command-r instead of doing too. I guess I'll go put myself through some physical pain to reduce the mental pain haha

But really, so much refresh today. I've been good most of the cycle about not being neurotic, but this week has been tough! I just want to know where the hell I'm going to be living in like 3.5 months, and I still have 3 post II decisions out there. Bah humbug, I have a super hard training swim workout I'm pressing command-r instead of doing too. I guess I'll go put myself through some physical pain to reduce the mental pain haha
I'm only waiting on WSU. Otherwise I'm accepting a new job in the workforce.

Lets be honest about swimming workouts, any excuse is a good excuse when you don't want to get in. Or maybe thats just my jaded self speaking after college killed the joy of the sport.

Hows the facebook group looking?
I can't explain this one but one of the members is a first year (like almost done with their first year) at UWSOM, so, at least one person in the group definitely isn't going to ESFCOM.

I can't explain this one but one of the members is a first year (like almost done with their first year) at UWSOM, so, at least one person in the group definitely isn't going to ESFCOM.
Mole.jpg

Dude's pulling a Michael Flynn.

I wonder how many offers they gave out today. I'm betting it's between 10-12.

Lets be honest about swimming workouts, any excuse is a good excuse when you don't want to get in. Or maybe thats just my jaded self speaking after college killed the joy of the sport.

See, being that I only learned to lap swim in my twenties, and only learned it so I can do triathlons, I don't have that same despise for it - yet. I do however, know that I look like a dying fish that flounders around for 1500m and calls it a day. So I'm gonna go put my floaties on and try not to drown. Although that would make WSU's decision easier I suppose :rofl:

Yeah, she's part of the UW Spokane cohort and joined the group to offer advice/answer questions about being a med student in spokane. Definitely not an incoming WSU student :)

Yeah, she's part of the UW Spokane cohort and joined the group to offer advice/answer questions about being a med student in spokane. Definitely not an incoming WSU student :)
Haha awesome! Just didn't want people to think that EVERY spot in the FB group was taken by someone for sure going to WSU this fall, although I'm sure many are

See, being that I only learned to lap swim in my twenties, and only learned it so I can do triathlons, I don't have that same despise for it - yet. I do however, know that I look like a dying fish that flounders around for 1500m and calls it a day. So I'm gonna go put my floaties on and try not to drown. Although that would make WSU's decision easier I suppose :rofl:
I started on a club when I was four and went through college. Swimming 60-75k yards a week plus weights and cross training in college was great for my appetite but not as much fun as my lazier times. High school was my favorite time in my swimming career. Ive gotten into the pool more recently for a few team triathlons and just garbage yardage as I call it. Ill often do 2k yards and call it a day.

Haha awesome! Just didn't want people to think that EVERY spot in the FB group was taken by someone for sure going to WSU this fall, although I'm sure many are

For sure! Talking with some of the people in the group, there are still a few of us with final school decisions to make, so there's potentially more spots to open up - hang in there, guys!

Last edited:
Also got the waitlisted email just now... never have I seen a waitlist which will not provide you with a rank... we can be rank 1 or rank 100 for all I know.. sigh.

The part about not telling us where we are on the waitlist, or what our chances are is pretty messed up.

Seems like it's going to be a very large waitlist, and they have basically already gone through 17% of yield (10/60)...don't have a ton of hope. And now I have to write another update letter, arg. The things we go through

also waitlisted! I'm just curious why they can't provide us with a ranking?

It's always an interesting reminder that not everyone is on SDN lol... Shocked that we didn't see even one person post an acceptance (only a secondary post). Just an interesting thought.

Waitlisted as well so more waiting. Seems like it is a ranked waitlist from the wording but also interesting that they're accepting an update. Let's give them some slack though. Waiting sucks but that's the nature of the game. And it's their first cycle so there will be some bumps along the way. Hoping for good news for many of us, whether at ESFCOM or somewhere else!

so that makes 10 of us WL'ed, with 0 of us accepted from at least 10 spots. Haha, that math doesn't look too promising.

What's even stranger, is you have until the 26th to turn in updates and accept your spot, which is AFTER their last excom meeting? How does that make any sense?

Reactions: 2 users
Damn dude. I hope they have decent waitlist penetration for you. Did they rank you?
I just wanted to say that as I understand it, not knowing your position on a wait list is the default. Im now on four wait lists and none provide ranking to me. I had a friend on 15 and he didn't know his position on any of those either.

I just wanted to say that as I understand it, not knowing your position on a wait list is the default. Im now on four wait lists and none provide ranking to me. I had a friend on 15 and he didn't know his position on any of those either.

If only ESFCOM were like OHSU for waitlisting practices =/...Although they waitlist a ton of people, OHSU at least provide them with a number ranking on April 30th.

so that makes 10 of us WL'ed, with 0 of us accepted from at least 10 spots. Haha, that math doesn't look too promising.

What's even stranger, is you have until the 26th to turn in updates and accept your spot, which is AFTER their last excom meeting? How does that make any sense?
Also waitlisted

I wonder if there are gonna be anymore rejections....

I'm just an interested observer and know some of the people behind the founding of the medical school but I'm pulling for all of you on the waitlist. I know it's hard but I'm sure all of you will find success - if not at WSU then some medical school that will be lucky to have you.