*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were bunch of people got II in Jan

Bunch of people got II in Jan were in the same situation, not on rolling pattern

This doesn't make sense?

Members don't see this ad.

This doesn't make sense?
I think they're trying to say that there was no advantage to a January interview, because there really wasn't. Everyone who interviewed before early March was considered the same, they even said that'd be the case at our interview, I had one of the first ones. At most schools there's an advantage to applying early, WSU really didn't carry that advantage with the condensed application cycle this year. Will probably be more normal next year.

It is what it is. We have a spot on the waitlist and if you're going to get called off, you'll get called off. Nothing to do but relax, see what happens, and plan for next year accordingly.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe this will squash this debate... If you log into your WSU account portal and look under checklists, I think we were all automatically assigned to the waitlist (I haven't submitted my acceptance to it and I am on it), and those of us that opt out will be removed from it. Therefore, I doubt they took anyone off the waitlist as they would potentially be taking people that actually don't want to go here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from a 509 Spokane area code ... started freaking out ... It was from Kaiser to pay my hospital bill.

This cycle man ..... lololol

Reactions: 3 users
Got a call from a 509 Spokane area code ... started freaking out ... It was from Kaiser to pay my hospital bill.

This cycle man ..... lololol
I kept getting calls from the 5th Ave Theater and each time thought it was UW.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm on the Facebook page and a nice sir just withdrew his offer!

So I submitted my waitlist acceptance last night, and I'm now checking my email like "where is the acknowledgement of this..." Blasted normal work hours!

So I submitted my waitlist acceptance last night, and I'm now checking my email like "where is the acknowledgement of this..." Blasted normal work hours!
It took me two weeks to get a reply from Kim because she was out of the office. But I did get one Monday.

At least it looks like some spots are opening. Maybe only 4-5.

Just got a response, I'M ON THE WAITLIST :) wishing I could have just wrote I'M IN THE CLASS...:(

There should be quite a bit of movement in the next week. UW is going to have a good amount of spots open up after the AAMC deadline, and WSU will also. The big question on my mind, is how many students are on both waitlists, and the more that are, the better our odds of acceptance.

Hey just a heads up I wouldn't use the FB group as a good indicator of spots anymore - someone from the ESFCOM group just posted in our UWSOM Spokane group and invited the us to join their page, so don't be alarmed if the numbers start randomly climbing. Just wanted to post this because I know damn well my neurotic self would be looking at the Facebook group to try to track acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stupid question, but I would like clarification... Is it just suggested that applicants holding multiple acceptance choose one school by April 30th (May 1st since the 30th is a Sunday), or is it required that they choose one school? Thanks in advance.

Stupid question, but I would like clarification... Is it just suggested that applicants holding multiple acceptance choose one school by April 30th (May 1st since the 30th is a Sunday), or is it required that they choose one school? Thanks in advance.
If an applicant has two or more acceptances before April 30, they MUST choose one and drop any others on or before April 30 (May 1 this year). Schools can rescind acceptances to those who continue to hold more than one after 5/1. (Some schools will make exceptions when asked for permission, for example to take time to review financial aid.) But most schools would warn a student before perfunctorily rescinding their acceptances.

Students who have one acceptance after 5/1 and then get off a waitlist initially have one week to decide but that time gets shorter as orientation dates get closer.

So for a majority of acceptees, each will have only one acceptance after 5/1.

If an applicant has two or more acceptances before April 30, they MUST choose one and drop any others on or before April 30 (May 1 this year). Schools can rescind acceptances to those who continue to hold more than one after 5/1. (Some schools will make exceptions when asked for permission, for example to take time to review financial aid.) But most schools would warn a student before perfunctorily rescinding their acceptances.

Students who have one acceptance after 5/1 and then get off a waitlist initially have one week to decide but that time gets shorter as orientation dates get closer.

So for a majority of acceptees, each will have only one acceptance after 5/1.

Awesome! Thanks. Here's to hoping for some movement off the waitlist in the next week or two!

Accepted or not, thanks for keeping me somewhat sane, you guys!
Never met any of you (maybe some of you at the 3/10 interview?...), but as High School Musical put it: "We're all in this together"

Out of curiosity, does this include DO acceptances too?
I doubt it includes DO acceptances because they use a completely different common app. Different association. AACOMAS vs AMCAS.

I counted at 22 screen names on here who are waitlisted. Did any body else try counting?

Out of curiosity, does this include DO acceptances too?
DO acceptances are not counted at MD schools... Probably part of the reason they charge thousands of dollars to save a spot in their class.

Exactly - there is no cross between traffic rules in AMCAS and AACOMAS, so you can technically hold both at the same time as long as you want, as I understand it

Also - anyone brave enough to call and ask how many people are actually on the WL? I know they mentioned to not ask about chances or position, but just knowing how many people would be good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Exactly - there is no cross between traffic rules in AMCAS and AACOMAS, so you can technically hold both at the same time as long as you want, as I understand it

Also - anyone brave enough to call and ask how many people are actually on the WL? I know they mentioned to not ask about chances or position, but just knowing how many people would be good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I doubt they'll tell us.

So ... when y'all think the pull date will be?

Not that anyone cares, but here's my fun dilemma.
ESFCOM is my first choice in medical school, and I'm on the waitlist. Of course, I have no idea what that means.
I'm accepted to a school in California, and as of right now it's my only option. I graduate in a week and the plan is to drive down there with all of my stuff and then buy a flight back to Washington.
However, I don't want to buy a ticket not knowing what my chances are with this school...
Help :shrug:

Hey I'm in the same boat, no idea about WSU WL, on a ranked WL at OHSU riiiiiiight at the cutoff (most likely I'll miss a seat by about 5 spots if the last couple years trend continues), which means I won't know likely until day 1 of orientation, and everyone is getting housing at the school I do have an acceptance at. Do I sign a lease? Do I hold off? If I go to the school I'm currently accepted at, my wife is going to stay behind and stay at our house and continue working at the hospital we're at because there isn't many inpatient jobs in Yakima for her, but if I got into WSU or OHSU she'd prolly come with - we own our house and would have to figure out renting or selling....

Isn't this process just amazing!? It's also crazy that the app for next cycle is about to open for everyone, can you believe its been a year?

Hey I'm in the same boat, no idea about WSU WL, on a ranked WL at OHSU riiiiiiight at the cutoff (most likely I'll miss a seat by about 5 spots if the last couple years trend continues), which means I won't know likely until day 1 of orientation, and everyone is getting housing at the school I do have an acceptance at. Do I sign a lease? Do I hold off? If I go to the school I'm currently accepted at, my wife is going to stay behind and stay at our house and continue working at the hospital we're at because there isn't many inpatient jobs in Yakima for her, but if I got into WSU or OHSU she'd prolly come with - we own our house and would have to figure out renting or selling....

Isn't this process just amazing!? It's also crazy that the app for next cycle is about to open for everyone, can you believe its been a year?

TMDSAS opened today. My wife is from Texas so I guess its time to start another cycle while hoping this school pans out.

Not that anyone cares, but here's my fun dilemma.
ESFCOM is my first choice in medical school, and I'm on the waitlist. Of course, I have no idea what that means.
I'm accepted to a school in California, and as of right now it's my only option. I graduate in a week and the plan is to drive down there with all of my stuff and then buy a flight back to Washington.
However, I don't want to buy a ticket not knowing what my chances are with this school...
Help :shrug:
Are you accepted at an MD or DO? You'd do me a huge favor if you went to the Cali school. (Wink, wink.) It's WSU or reapply for me. I chose not to apply to DO.

sigh ... this wait .... is ....

can't get any work done. lolol :poke:

Another person decided to go to UWSOM Spokane!

Reactions: 4 users
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking for those of us who didn't hear anything today it's probably time to move on, either to the other schools we were accepted to, or to re-apply if you weren't accepted.

Good luck to those re-applying (I've been there) and remember if you were on the waitlist this year it may help your odds as a reapplicant in the next cycle. If you truly want to be a physician don't give up!

Whelps.. seems like three people joined the FB group so I would assme the waitlist acxeptances went out... I can't see more than 2-3 spots opening up in the next coming months

If you've ever watched the waitlist movement at other schools - it generally happens all the way until the first day of classes from what I've seen. I gave up hope here a long time ago, but just saying

In regards to the facebook group, I wonder how many people are actually accepted, and how many people are joined just to see what's going on.

Got accepted off the waitlist this afternoon. Best of luck to all, stoked to be a coug!

I've long given up and have moved on. Looking at other careers after the summer passes :(