-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Central Michigan University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone else still not under review and complete around 8/11?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Anyone else still not under review and complete around 8/11?
Hi I'm interviewing September 29th. Anyone wanna split the cost of a hotel room with me that has two queen sized beds? If so, PM me for more details 🙂
Kinda wish I had a car to share with someone to drive to Mt.Pleasant for the 29th interview. Going to be a lot renting one on my own :/ but its whatever
Hey guys so I just added this school to my list a couple days ago and just received the secondary. However, I didn't realize they require the Casper test and am hesitant to sign up for it seeing as the next available date is Oct 19 and that would be a late complete date for my application (since they won't review it until they receive the Casper test). Do you guys think it would be worth it to do the Casper test if I wouldn't be complete until late October? Seems like a long shot and I am contemplating not submitting the secondary for that very reason.
Just a quick question, I haven't really found it scrolling through the pages. But for the people that have the "App is complete but an interview decision is pending" (paraphrased), do you also have the next 3 fields of II, Interview Scheduled, Interview Completed?
Yeah, I had that whole section from the very beginning.Just a quick question, I haven't really found it scrolling through the pages. But for the people that have the "App is complete but an interview decision is pending" (paraphrased), do you also have the next 3 fields of II, Interview Scheduled, Interview Completed?
When we're you complete?II! First one, I'm so excited 🙂
II!!! I was notified this morning through email. I was complete in 7/27/17. My app was ready to be reviewed on 8/21 and completed review around 8/28.
Complete 7/16. Had the "decision pending" status for a week or two.When we're you complete?
anyone interviewing tomorrow?
also, can anyone offer how their mmi experience was with CMU?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II
Lizzy M 69, 3.8/511, ORM, In state
Good luck my homies!
Lizzy M 69, 3.8/511, ORM, In state
Good luck my homies!
To our SDN friends that received interviews last week, would you mind sharing your experience and overall impression of the school?
Congratulations to everyone who has an interview!
Congratulations to everyone who has an interview!
Is it worth calling the school if I'm still not under review and have been complete since 8/11?
Nah, I’d wait for that call until January or so. The process can take a while, patience is key. 🙂Is it worth calling the school if I'm still not under review and have been complete since 8/11?
Have you checked out MSAR? They should have really good unbiased stats for both instate and out of state.Is there any info floating around on the post-interview acceptance rates?
Yes, but MSAR only lists those who matriculated so I was curious how the number of acceptances compared.Have you checked out MSAR? They should have really good unbiased stats for both instate and out of state.
Congrats! Did you receive an email or was it an update on the portal?I am in shock!!! II 🙂 Anyone know the interview:acceptance ratio?
Email!Congrats! Did you receive an email or was it an update on the portal?
Finally under review!!! Complete 8/9 Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for anyone that interviewed Sept 22, I can't recall what day they said we could have an offer by. Anyone remember?
It just went from under review to review complete + decision pending. Does anyone know how long it takes to get some sort of decision?
Would also like to know - is this an "old hold" sentence?
I am pretty sure all applicants pass through this stage before an official decision is made (interview vs rejection), so I don't think it is a negative sign. Some people have gotten interview invites just weeks afterwards in previous years, while others end up stuck in this phase pretty much all cycle. I have had this status for awhile nowWould also like to know - is this an "old hold" sentence?
It would be October 15th cause that’s the earliest date available!!for anyone that interviewed Sept 22, I can't recall what day they said we could have an offer by. Anyone remember?
^retweet, I think it looked like 2-3 weeks from what I saw scrolling thru quick but...It just went from under review to review complete + decision pending. Does anyone know how long it takes to get some sort of decision?
Just looked back through my notes and I had the "pending decision" status for 6 weeks before my II.^retweet, I think it looked like 2-3 weeks from what I saw scrolling thru quick but...
Is anyone else's portal link not working?
Yes!! I was doing my daily neurotic portal check and it won't load! Glad I'm not the only one...
+2 on the disabled portal ><Yes!! I was doing my daily neurotic portal check and it won't load! Glad I'm not the only one...
Mine was working fine two days ago and now it's not loadingIs anyone else's portal link not working?
+1Mine was working fine two days ago and now it's not loading
Mine's working now!
Hey all, I'm a current CMed student (just finished M1, headed to M2 in August). If anyone has any questions about the school, curriculum, the town, or anything else please ask away. I may not be as helpful with specific application questions, however.
Best wishes to everyone applying this year!!
Could you share with us what a weekly schedule look like? I live about 2 hours away from CMU and was wondering how often I would be able to go home. Does the curriculum lend itself remote learning, or do they basically expect you to be in class M-F 9-5? Thanks!
Could you share with us what a weekly schedule look like? I live about 2 hours away from CMU and was wondering how often I would be able to go home. Does the curriculum lend itself remote learning, or do they basically expect you to be in class M-F 9-5? Thanks!
Hey! So, we have a couple people commuting from places like GR and Lansing, but it really isn't recommended unless you are sure you can handle the workload with the loss of study time. My family is about 2.5 hours away, as a non traditional I don't get to go home very often as I need to study quite a lot, yet I know of other students who drive to Battle Creek every or every other weekend, and they are fine.
Honestly, you will most likely need to be at school every day during the week, some for half days, some for whole days. There are times during the week you'll need to be at school 8-5 because of classes, group work, lab or clinical skills. My schedule is basically half days M/W/F, and full days T/Th, with variations depending on other assignments or clinical skills things I also need to do. You can watch the lecture recordings, but the group activities are required attendance (and they generally occur nearly every day).
Hope this helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MS3 here, willing to answer questions the best i can.
Best of luck all.
Best of luck all.
Accepted!
Congrats!!!Accepted!
When did you interview?Accepted!