2017-2018 Central Michigan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received this message today - Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February.

So am I on hold for a pre-interview invite? Is there any good to come out of this?
This is the standard message that everyone receives, as far as I could tell. I went from this status to II a month or so later

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm also interviewing this Friday, 12/1. Does anyone know how many stations there are and if there are any role play/collaboration stations or are they mostly just answering questions?

This is the standard message that everyone receives, as far as I could tell. I went from this status to II a month or so later

Oh cool! Were you emailed the interview invite or did you find out through the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh cool! Were you emailed the interview invite or did you find out through the portal?
I'm sure they would email you. I have been on this message for two months maybe but still no rejection so :). My stuff was complete 8/3, I don't remember when they reviewed it.

anyone who interviewed here on 11/17 hear back yet?

Received this message today - Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February.

So am I on hold for a pre-interview invite? Is there any good to come out of this?
This status seems standard after submitting your secondary. i got this email back in early August and have been waiting for an II ever since.

To those OOS students who plan on attending this school, how are y'all planning on financing the tuition?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! I was just put under review this morning since being complete in September. I know the portal says it can take up to 8 weeks but I was wondering if any of you can tell me how long it took for you?

Hello everyone! I was just put under review this morning since being complete in September. I know the portal says it can take up to 8 weeks but I was wondering if any of you can tell me how long it took for you?

Took almost 3 weeks for me!

To move from "under review" to "review complete/interview decision pending"?

Been "under review" this whole time, waiting for the move to "review complete/interview decision pending", not sure what I should do, will send an update soon, just waiting for something to become official before I send it in

Members don't see this ad :)
Been "under review" this whole time, waiting for the move to "review complete/interview decision pending", not sure what I should do, will send an update soon, just waiting for something to become official before I send it in

Hmm.. I wonder why that is? I was looking through this thread and it seems like most people moved from under review to review complete within the 8 week time frame. Maybe give them a call?

Hmm.. I wonder why that is? I was looking through this thread and it seems like most people moved from under review to review complete within the 8 week time frame. Maybe give them a call?

That's the plan, just putting that level of contact off until I update (it's a pretty significant update). I read somewhere (might have been this thread) that some applications are contemplated for longer and IIs can come as late as February - I really hope thats not me, but if it's an II, I can wait!

That's the plan, just putting that level of contact off until I update (it's a pretty significant update). I read somewhere (might have been this thread) that some applications are contemplated for longer and IIs can come as late as February - I really hope thats not me, but if it's an II, I can wait!

Just found that 13 week post, it was above on this page and looks like it was received after the review was complete, so I guess my situation is a little out of the ordinary

Waitlist just now! Interviewed 11/10. Hoping for the best!

Accepted this morning! Interviewed 11/10

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who was put on post-II hold had a final decision yet? Interviewed 10/20 and super anxious, hoping to hear soon! :)

I am interviewing here in a few weeks, and I was wondering if someone could clarify a few things for me. First, are the group activities after the MMI evaluated, and if so, does anyone know what to expect here/ how they are assessed? Secondly, what is the timing like for the MMI - I am having trouble finding information about how many stations to expect, and how much time is allocated to answering each question. Also, are follow up questions to be expected? Thanks!

Accepted today!!!

I am interviewing here in a few weeks, and I was wondering if someone could clarify a few things for me. First, are the group activities after the MMI evaluated, and if so, does anyone know what to expect here/ how they are assessed? Secondly, what is the timing like for the MMI - I am having trouble finding information about how many stations to expect, and how much time is allocated to answering each question. Also, are follow up questions to be expected? Thanks!

Everyone involved with the MMI’s signs a confidentiality agreement, basically saying not to release any information. Cmed generally uses the MMI to get an idea of how you think on your toes, how you handle challenging situations, and how you think. There really isn’t a way to “prepare” other than working on communication skills, calming nerves, and thinking quickly on how to communicate effectively. So... expect many types of scenarios, expect follow up questions, expect group work where you might need to work with fellow applicants... but these are generalizations for pretty much any school with MMI’s.

When I interviewed (and I’m a 2nd year current student now) Cmed was the most enjoyable interview day experience, out of several Michigan school I interviewed at.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted a little late, but I just checked my app and after 2 1/2 months it's finally under review!

Hey! Good luck to everyone on their upcoming interviews. I'm currently on the waitlist here. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on when I should send an update to CMED. I have significant new experiences and some potential strong LORS. I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until later (March/April), because that's when most waitlist movement is. Or maybe I'm overthinking it lol #premed

Hey! Good luck to everyone on their upcoming interviews. I'm currently on the waitlist here. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on when I should send an update to CMED. I have significant new experiences and some potential strong LORS. I'm wondering if it'd be better to wait until later (March/April), because that's when most waitlist movement is. Or maybe I'm overthinking it lol #premed

I'm amused at your name, I just spent the afternoon there studying for Step :) . I'd give the office a call in the morning and see what they'd recommend, depending on what those updates are they may have better advice for you than the internets (yup, spelled with an S, because here in Michigan we add "s" to everything... :p)

There is a ton of waitlist movement in March though, so definitely do not lose any hope right now. Have a wonderful holiday!!

I'm amused at your name, I just spent the afternoon there studying for Step :) . I'd give the office a call in the morning and see what they'd recommend, depending on what those updates are they may have better advice for you than the internets (yup, spelled with an S, because here in Michigan we add "s" to everything... :p)

There is a ton of waitlist movement in March though, so definitely do not lose any hope right now. Have a wonderful holiday!!
Thank you so much! Happy Holidays!

For those who have interviewed, can you leave earlier than 4:30pm? Instead of doing the tour, do the survey and leave? I'm asking because I have another engagement to get to and I want to make sure I have enough time for travel. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!

For those who have interviewed, can you leave earlier than 4:30pm? Instead of doing the tour, do the survey and leave? I'm asking because I have another engagement to get to and I want to make sure I have enough time for travel. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated!
You're good to leave anytime after the interview, you don't even have to stay for lunch if you want (but it's a really good lunch lol)

Took about 2 weeks for me.

Does anyone know where an update letter can be sent or uploaded?

Happy 2018!
For those accepted:
1. How long did it take for you to receive your letter in the mail? It's been a few weeks, and I just want to make sure it didn't get lost.
2. As someone had posted above, how are OOS students planning to finance (or are financing) tuition?
Thank you!

Happy 2018!
For those accepted:
1. How long did it take for you to receive your letter in the mail? It's been a few weeks, and I just want to make sure it didn't get lost.
2. As someone had posted above, how are OOS students planning to finance (or are financing) tuition?
Thank you!

Happy New Year everyone!

1.) It took me over a month, I'd say 5 weeks maybe
2.) I'm in the same situation. My plan is to apply to as many scholarships as possible then take out loans through FAFSA.

Happy New Year everyone!

1.) It took me over a month, I'd say 5 weeks maybe
2.) I'm in the same situation. My plan is to apply to as many scholarships as possible then take out loans through FAFSA.
Thank you so much!

Did anyone, who flew into the Saginaw airport, take a taxi to Mt Pleasant? I'm trying to work out whether to take Cheppawa

Has there been much movement for people who have been on hold pre-II?

Reactions: 3 users
Complete since mid-July and nothing but silence ever since. Anyone else in the same sad boat as me?

Has anyone been rejected from this school post secondary, pre-II yet?

Reactions: 3 users
Complete since mid-July and nothing but silence ever since. Anyone else in the same sad boat as me?

Complete in August and silence

In the same boat. I was complete early October, was put in review early December, was in review for 2 weeks exactly, then silence for about a month now. Someone from admission told me that they get *most* of their II out before Christmas break... The portal says they stop in February, so idk what to think :oops:

In the same boat. I was complete early October, was put in review early December, was in review for 2 weeks exactly, then silence for about a month now. Someone from admission told me that they get *most* of their II out before Christmas break... The portal says they stop in February, so idk what to think :oops:

We all just got back from break this week, so I wouldn't worry too much right now. I hope you all hear back soon, best wishes to you!

We all just got back from break this week, so I wouldn't worry too much right now. I hope you all hear back soon, best wishes to you!

thank you for the info!! Do you know if you guys still have a lot of interview spots/days left for this cycle?