2023-2024 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where can you see the number of accepted people. Where’s the groupme
Per AAMC traffic rules, CMED will need to have given out at least 100 acceptances by 3/15. Do we think 100 have been given out thus far? Last I checked, there's only 20 something people in the accepted students group me. I wonder if we'll see a wave of acceptances in the next few weeks because of this.

Members don't see this ad.

Are they still sending out II? haven't heard anything back except an email that they are still reviewing me in December.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any fellow Canadians in here?
I interviewed in November and am on the wait list! Haven’t seen any other Canadians post & i saw in the past few years threads that Canadians didn’t have many updates until Mar-May

Any new acceptances, denials, or waitlists? I interviewed 2/16 and have been biting my nails waiting for results since then. I’ve been accepted to DO, but cmu would be my first MD. Currently waitlisted at msu, but I haven’t heard good things about that waitlist. I saw some people have gotten responses from 2/9 interviews. Do they do them in batches?

Reactions: 3 users
Any new acceptances, denials, or waitlists? I interviewed 2/16 and have been biting my nails waiting for results since then. I’ve been accepted to DO, but cmu would be my first MD. Currently waitlisted at msu, but I haven’t heard good things about that waitlist. I saw some people have gotten responses from 2/9 interviews. Do they do them in batches?

I’m in the same boat - interviewed 1/26 and haven’t head back

I'm pretty sure during my interview they said their admissions team meets on fridays... maybe we will hear some news today

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure during my interview they said their admissions team meets on fridays... maybe we will hear some news today

Looking at past posts, it looked like people were getting their decisions on a Friday so I agree

Does anyone have insight on sending a letter of intent or has previously sent CMED a letter of intent?

Do they state anywhere that they do not accept them?

Does anyone here know where I can find recent match lists? Is the school friendly for those who want to potentially specialize?

Does anyone here know where I can find recent match lists? Is the school friendly for those who want to potentially specialize?
i believe they are, but i know they focus on primary care and placing in rural areas

Any fellow Canadians in here?
I interviewed in November and am on the wait list! Haven’t seen any other Canadians post & i saw in the past few years threads that Canadians didn’t have many updates until Mar-May

Canadian. But didn't even receive an II. And no R either.

Anyone know if we can send the admission office an email to ask about our current status?

Anyone know if we can send the admission office an email to ask about our current status?

Not sure - but I feel like sending one would be kind of annoying especially since they stated that it isn’t uncommon to hear back mid march to early April

When did you interview?

Not sure - but I feel like sending one would be kind of annoying especially since they stated that it isn’t uncommon to hear back mid march to early April

When did you interview?
I didn't receive an II or a R.

I think you’re good to ask for an update about a possibly II. I think people were thinking you were talking about the results of your interview. Although, if you haven’t heard anything yet, it’s probably not the best news.

Got an II last week. Last available date to me was 3/8.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview here? Feel free to PM.

Also are there any current students here who are willing to answer questions?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if CMU gives merit scholarships? If they do do we have to apply?

Reactions: 2 users
Got an II last week. Last available date to me was 3/8.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview here? Feel free to PM.

Also are there any current students here who are willing to answer questions?

Thanks.
PMed, not a current student but interviewed and can give pointers

Pretty sure cmu is still on spring break, so I’m guessing we will get our last round of acceptances on match 15th.

Reactions: 1 users
They said during the info session today that they will still be sending out decisions past next week thru the end of the month.

Pretty sure cmu is still on spring break, so I’m guessing we will get our last round of acceptances on match 15th.

Reactions: 2 users
I heard the earliest we’ll hear back would be the end of this month

This means next week, right? The week of the 18th?
Sorry to be unclear, they said more specifically not to expect your decisions to be the week of the 18th necessarily, it may take till the end of the month.

I think 3/22 are the next decision day cuz last year it was 3/24