2023-2024 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don’t think whether your received one of those emails or not determines if you still have a chance don’t lose hope
Yeah i dont think it does either. They probably send it randomly. It’s an in person event but the email did say attendance will not affect admission.

Members don't see this ad.

But still tho I can see how debilitating it would be if other people receive it and other don’t - especially since we’re all on the edge of our seats

Reactions: 1 user
is anyone going to the RTM event this Friday May 10?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going to the Saginaw event can you please relay the information they mention about WLs? When I went to the Mount pleasant one they mentioned details about pulling off WL and all that and I wanna see where they’re at now that we’re past April 30th

You're invited to my new group 'CMED accepted C/O 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
How accurate do you all think the GroupMe is in terms of how many people are committed to CMU? Can it be used to guesstimate how many more people will be pulled off the waitlist?

Ngl
How accurate do you all think the GroupMe is in terms of how many people are committed to CMU? Can it be used to guesstimate how many more people will be pulled off the waitlist?
I’ve been using it to estimate lol

N

or specifically but they mentioned what weeks they were likely to pull, I was hoping someone could mention here what they say in Saginaw
It’s prob once week right? I don’t think they said anything this week tho.

They said that a lot of the waitlist has been elevated, and it’s now starting to slow down, odds looking rough

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
They said that a lot of the waitlist has been elevated, and it’s now starting to slow down, odds looking rough
I was there and didn't hear them say anything like this. They said there will be more movement throughout May and June. When did you hear this?

They mentioned only little movement this cycle, compared to previous years.

• Dislike
They mentioned only little movement this cycle, compared to previous years.
Not really sure where you got this from. They did not mention anything near that. They just said they are trying to pull as many people as early from the WL compared to previous years.

Reactions: 1 users
OK too much misinformation lol. I thought the WL would be slower to get going this year due to fafsa cuz of delays. There’s been only 2 waves so far

OK too much misinformation lol. I thought the WL would be slower to get going this year due to fafsa cuz of delays. There’s been only 2 waves so far
Financial aid packages are delayed, fafsa has nothing to do w WL movement

They said when people are offered spots off the waitlist, they are given 10 days to accept. Then CMU has to wait those 10 days before they can send out more offers.

Financial aid packages are delayed, fafsa has nothing to do w WL movement
But the packaged r delayed cuz the new fafsa so it could have caused a delay in starting WL movement if ppl waited to the last second to drop

five more people joined the group chat and it's stressing me ouuuuuut

Are people just searching up CMU on GroupMe or joining from the link in here? Because if they’re accessing SDN to join then it’s either:

a) they’re not posting on SDN they got the A

b) they’re people accessing the GroupMe who aren’t on SDN

c) just trolling or trying joining the GroupMe to see who is in it

Either way, I don’t think anyone is obligated to post if they got the A or not but it would be helpful just to know if there’s truth to the numbers

Are people just searching up CMU on GroupMe or joining from the link in here? Because if they’re accessing SDN to join then it’s either:

a) they’re not posting on SDN they got the A

b) they’re people accessing the GroupMe who aren’t on SDN

c) just trolling or trying joining the GroupMe to see who is in it

Either way, I don’t think anyone is obligated to post if they got the A or not but it would be helpful just to know if there’s truth to the numbers
I'm pretty sure there was a screening question to join the groupme, idr tho

How many are there? How can you guys tell without joining?
There are currently 69 people but that number isnt accurate bc at second look, there were accepted students that were not in the groupme and there are a few in the groupme that are still waitlisted