2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When should I accept the aid?

Im on a couple of other waitlists, should I accept it right away even though I may attend another school?

You can wait.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I’m confused. This unsubsidized direct loan.. is that from Drexel? Or grad plus from government? Sorry loan newbie over here

Sorry, @MooberGoober asked if you can wait to “accept” your aid, which you can. If you go to DrexelOne and view your aid it gives the option.

The unsubsidized loan is granted via Drexel. GradPlus you must apply for and you can input how much aid you want and then Drexel approves of that as well. But GradPlus you have to do a separate application.

StudentLoans.gov

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they let applicants fill out scholarship info if they havent been accpeted yet? I wont hear for a couple more weeks but see the scholarship deadline is soon and you need an ID and email to submit the first survey page

Just interviewed yesterday. I can't believe I haven't even heard back yet. This is beyond ridiculous!

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same. I honestly wonder if my app got lost
I think it’s just the nature of schools like these that get an incredible number of apps. I still haven’t heard anything from a couple schools that I know for a fact are done interviewing.:shrug:

Has anybody asked about scholarships if you arent accepted til after the deadline? I wont get my decision til the beginning of may and the deadline to submit is this weekend. Would this make me inelegance? Even tho idk if I will even be accepted or not

Has anyone on hold pre-II gotten an II invite yet or a straight up rejection?

Has anybody asked about scholarships if you arent accepted til after the deadline? I wont get my decision til the beginning of may and the deadline to submit is this weekend. Would this make me inelegance? Even tho idk if I will even be accepted or not
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Just called them again. They said that I should expect to hear back sometime in the next week. Interviewed Jan. 29th!

Just checked my account and had a nice scholarship waiting for me!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah the DUCOM scholarship! And no I just happened to go and look and it was there

Any acceptances off the post-II deferred list recently?

Withdrawing my acceptance here. Were you guys able to get the deposit money back? Do I just email admissions about it or do they automatically refund it once you withdraw?

Just got an email with the following message:

We would like to advise you that there are currently some requirements you must complete in order to finalize your financial aid for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.

To view your outstanding requirements, please view the "Billing + Financial Aid" tab in DrexelOne at Drexel Connect - Error.

To ensure the timely processing of your financial aid, make sure you complete all outstanding requirements within two weeks of this message. Please note that if you do not complete these requirements, it may delay disbursement and/or result in the loss of certain awards.

However, I am currently on the waitlist of some other schools and would like to wait before I accept the loan. What should I do?

We would like to advise you that there are currently some requirements you must complete in order to finalize your financial aid for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.

To view your outstanding requirements, please view the "Billing + Financial Aid" tab in DrexelOne at Drexel Connect - Error.

To ensure the timely processing of your financial aid, make sure you complete all outstanding requirements within two weeks of this message. Please note that if you do not complete these requirements, it may delay disbursement and/or result in the loss of certain awards.

However, I am currently on the waitlist of some other schools and would like to wait before I accept the loan. What should I do?

Got the same! I'm only accepting all that stuff only if I decide 100% that Drexel is where I want to go.

Is this just accepting your aid award? I didn’t even receive my aid information until july when i matriculated and it was fine. (Also due to a huge error on their end..).

Hell, i haven’t gotten my aid info for next year as a returning student.

You can absolutely wait (if only loans)

So...something interesting happened with my Drexel app. I was on the Document upload section of my online portal today because I wanted to submit an update. I saw a file uploaded there already. I opened it and it was an update letter from someone who was not me. I called the admissions office and they were completely shocked and they removed the file immediately.

Idk if they reviewed it as part of my application. It's been there since December (before I interviewed), but I just never noticed.

So...something interesting happened with my Drexel app. I was on the Document upload section of my online portal today because I wanted to submit an update. I saw a file uploaded there already. I opened it and it was an update letter from someone who was not me. I called the admissions office and they were completely shocked and they removed the file immediately.

Idk if they reviewed it as part of my application. It's been there since December (before I interviewed), but I just never noticed.

bruh what

Reactions: 4 users

Hopefully whoever read your app recognized it wasn’t from you, but that sure sucks for the other person!

My friend called today and apparently the admissions office said the deferred list is now the waitlist. Kind of confused since the email explicitly stated that the deferred list is not the same as the waitlist. Might call tomorrow, stay tuned. For now, the anxiety continues :yeahright:

Last edited:
Attention everyone: I just called Drexel and spoke to Ms.Johnson. I asked in very specific words I asked if you interviewed and got the deferred email are you now on the waitlist? Even though the January email I received says this is not the waitlist?.She responded "
It has now turned in to the waitlist and will remain active until school begins."
I hope this brings a tiny bit of peace of mind.

My friend called today and apparently the admissions office said the deferred list is now the waitlist. Kind of confused since the email explicitly stated that the deferred list is not the same as the waitlist. Might call tomorrow, stay tuned. For now, the anxiety continues :yeahright:

Well that’s super frustrating. Anyone know how the WL works here? Ranked, unranked?

I was told so please do not quote me that each time a slot is available it is fair game for everyone. But I find it hard to believe they look at 350 people each time. It must be secretly ranked. When I asked Kareem that she said it is privileged

I was told so please do not quote me that each time a slot is available it is fair game for everyone. But I find it hard to believe they look at 350 people each time. It must be secretly ranked. When I asked Kareem that she said it is privileged
There are 350 people on the waitlist??

this is what I was told but again I apply my disclaimer. It would have been hard to just send a blast email to everyone stroking out and say that the deferred list is now the waitlist.

this is what I was told but again I apply my disclaimer. It would have been hard to just send a blast email to everyone stroking out and say that the deferred list is now the waitlist.
That's a ridiculous amount. Maybe there are 350 slots on the waitlist but the amount of us actually on the waitlist is much less. I don't know if that's true but I want it to be true so I'm going to believe it lol

Kareem is a he lol

IT is a fact you don't have to make yourself believe it. Look at the new MSAR 350 waitlisted last year and only 25 got off it. There will be a lot of movement in the next 3 weeks people will want their deposits back who are holding at multiple schools( must be nice). By 4/30 is deadline for your money back . Also an odd piece of info last year they matriculated 256 but the class size says 260 and in other years they are 260-262 IDK about that. Hope you feel a little better with this info
One last thing acceptances are until AUGUST 11th for this year. Thats another 127 days of the unknown

Kareem is a he lol
you must be the most insecure person to have to point out a typo. you're in school why not attend and leave us to suffer. You are so mean spirited for no reason. Is this how your ego is fed and you are the reason there are bullies in this world

IT is a fact you don't have to make yourself believe it. Look at the new MSAR 350 waitlisted last year and only 25 got off it. There will be a lot of movement in the next 3 weeks people will want their deposits back who are holding at multiple schools( must be nice). By 4/30 is deadline for your money back . Also an odd piece of info last year they matriculated 256 but the class size says 260 and in other years they are 260-262 IDK about that. Hope you feel a little better with this info
One last thing acceptances are until AUGUST 11th for this year. Thats another 127 days of the unknown
I BELIEVE

you must be the most insecure person to have to point out a typo. you're in school why not attend and leave us to suffer. You are so mean spirited for no reason. Is this how your ego is fed and you are the reason there are bullies in this world

...what in the world? I was making a statement of fact. Better to make that mistake here than in an official correspondence. Placing you on ignore officially. Quit attacking me.

Reactions: 12 users
Dude what is wrong with you, all they did was point out you got somebody’s gender wrong

Reactions: 6 users
Alright you need to relax.

shh-no-tears-only-dreams-now-mads-mikkelsen-34561368-500-271.png

Reactions: 6 users
So what if we recently interviewed? Was it mostly for a spot on the waitlist?

So what if we recently interviewed? Was it mostly for a spot on the waitlist?
I think it will help cuz people may drop acceptances after traffic day and the school may be sending out decisions shortly after.