You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Drexel University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just withdrew acceptance here - hope it goes to someone here!
Side note: after going on the portal to withdraw the application, anyone know what the process is for refunding the deposit?
Side note: after going on the portal to withdraw the application, anyone know what the process is for refunding the deposit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email admissions and type an official withdrawal asking for your deposit back give a.m. as number and your address . Ask for confirmation that your email was receivedJust withdrew acceptance here - hope it goes to someone here!
Side note: after going on the portal to withdraw the application, anyone know what the process is for refunding the deposit?
What is this new Drexel curriculum? Are we going to have textbook readings assigned? Lectures to watch? Will I at least get a good 'ol traditional syllabus?
Last edited:
Accepted! Deferred a couple weeks ago
Wooo congrats!!Accepted! Deferred a couple weeks ago
Accepted! Deferred a couple weeks ago
Congrats! Interview date?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wooo congrats!!
Thanks! End of jan
I am wondering the same thing.Did you guys send anything after being deferred?
Their website Q&A says:
"Application updates are accepted only from students who have been invited for an interview and for those who have been interviewed and wait-listed. We will accept updated transcripts, new letters of recommendation, updates on activities and/or letters of interest."
Doesn't say anything about us deferred folks. I would like to play by their rules.
I am wondering the same thing.
Their website Q&A says:
"Application updates are accepted only from students who have been invited for an interview and for those who have been interviewed and wait-listed. We will accept updated transcripts, new letters of recommendation, updates on activities and/or letters of interest."
Doesn't say anything about us deferred folks. I would like to play by their rules.
I didn't send anything
I didn'tDid you guys send anything after being deferred?
8
892002
For those of you who were deferred, did you receive an email/did the portal update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email and it was under my communication tabFor those of you who were deferred, did you receive an email/did the portal update?
Are any more IIs going out?
I've been! me and another guy so far. I'm not sure why the admins aren't approving anyone else's request?Has anyone been accepted to the Facebook group yet?
Yeah I tried to join, but I haven't been approved yet.I've been! me and another guy so far. I'm not sure why the admins aren't approving anyone else's request?
I think I can add you if you're my friend on fb! other than that we don't really have the ability to accept requests!Yeah I tried to join, but I haven't been approved yet.
I sent an update letter after my interview (1/17) talking about a new job I'm working at now and some grades from my last semester. I ended up getting deferred (3/13) and I'm still waiting to see what happens next. Not sure if the update letter was related to the deferral. I'm not the strongest applicant so maybe it did!Did anybody send letters after the interview and have a positive outcome? Ill hear my decision in 3-5 weeks and want to let them know how my experience on interview day helped solidify my interest in the school
8
892002
Is it in bad taste to call the school and ask about my app? I interviewed 1/29 and have not heard anything.
When do they usually release decisions? I know they said closer to 8 weeks for me so maybe yours will be this week? I think its probably best to wait until the end of the week and see if they send anything. If not then you could be like "hey you said up to 8 weeks and its been longer. Any update on when we should hear something?"Is it in bad taste to call the school and ask about my app? I interviewed 1/29 and have not heard anything.
Anyone know when fin aid info starts coming out? And how generous scholarships are?
Rejected Post II. Very surprising because I thought the interview went great, and thought I got along well with my student. Oh wells, would most likely not have attended because I felt the class size was way too big.
Maybe next year my application will get reviewed... this is a joke.
Did you get this via e-mail or snail mail and were you deferred? Waiting on my post II RRejected Post II. Very surprising because I thought the interview went great, and thought I got along well with my student. Oh wells, would most likely not have attended because I felt the class size was way too big.
That’s not true. People have been rejected.Also no one is rejected just deferred or accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe next year my application will get reviewed... this is a joke.
Unfortunately this is how applying to med school works...some schools will want you (timing of when this happens is also up to their jurisdiction) and other schools will not.
On my interview day the director said that if you don't hear anything past 8 weeks it's reasonable to give them a call about your status.Is it in bad taste to call the school and ask about my app? I interviewed 1/29 and have not heard anything.
This is all pre-interview invite. Placing people on hold and rejecting, but Ive heard nothing since july.Unfortunately this is how applying to med school works...some schools will want you (timing of when this happens is also up to their jurisdiction) and other schools will not.
Same 🙁This is all pre-interview invite. Placing people on hold and rejecting, but Ive heard nothing since july.
I received fin aid info todayAnyone know when fin aid info starts coming out? And how generous scholarships are?
I received fin aid info today
Awesome! Did your package include any scholarships? Any other accepted students have any scholarships in their package?
Rejected Post II. Very surprising because I thought the interview went great, and thought I got along well with my student. Oh wells, would most likely not have attended because I felt the class size was way too big.
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you have another acceptance! How long did it take for you to hear back?
8
892002
Just called them. Interviewed 1/29. No decision yet.
Rejected post-II yesterday via email. Good luck ya'll!
Nope just straight up axed. No need to worry y'all got an A to a school I much preferred! Good luck everyone!!Sorry to hear that! When did you interview? Were you deferred first? Thank you!
Received my FA package today. I was wondering if anybody's package includes more than just a federal loan for 21K a semester? How do we apply for private loans? This obviously does not cover the COA. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
+1Received my FA package today. I was wondering if anybody's package includes more than just a federal loan for 21K a semester? How do we apply for private loans? This obviously does not cover the COA. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Anyone who interviewed in early/mid February heard back yet?
mine includes a work study which is $1500 a semesterReceived my FA package today. I was wondering if anybody's package includes more than just a federal loan for 21K a semester? How do we apply for private loans? This obviously does not cover the COA. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2Received my FA package today. I was wondering if anybody's package includes more than just a federal loan for 21K a semester? How do we apply for private loans? This obviously does not cover the COA. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Received my FA package today. I was wondering if anybody's package includes more than just a federal loan for 21K a semester? How do we apply for private loans? This obviously does not cover the COA. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
You need to apply for GradPlus and that will be applied after you sign your MPN and everything.
I’m just confused cause it says in the Drexel financial aid website that 99% of students get aid from Drexel itself, maybe it’s just early and they haven’t given out scholarships yet?
I’m just confused cause it says in the Drexel financial aid website that 99% of students get aid from Drexel itself, maybe it’s just early and they haven’t given out scholarships yet?
Hardly anyone gets scholarships. At least from my experience... they probably actually means loans.
When should I accept the aid (loan)?
Im on a couple of other waitlists, should I accept it right away even though I may attend another school?
Im on a couple of other waitlists, should I accept it right away even though I may attend another school?
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K