2017-2018 Duke University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Duke does not do rolling admissions. They will complete their entire interview cycle before they make any decisions. Pick whichever dates has cheaper flights or is more convenient for your schedule.

Current MS1 here, can confirm that your interview date does not matter. The Adcom won't sit and decide on final acceptances until all interviews have been completed. Blessing and a curse (only because of that tortuous wait and Duke never failing to leave the actual acceptance date in complete flux, leading to more suspense then that last GOT episode)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
People with IIs - has anyone heard back about student hosting? I filled out the form last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any current Duke students know the acceptance rate post interview for the Primary Care Track. Is it the same as the general MD admissions?
I'd be interested to know as well just got a II from duke as well! So excited about the primary care track! Definitely a reach/dream school for me.
Though stats post interview based on last year aren't too bad ~20% overall acceptance if you received an interview.

omg II!!! Submitted July 15th. Lizzy M ~77.

Reactions: 3 users
II! complete 7/20

Pumped about this one, especially after that monster of a secondary!

So is that -1?
Because if so, I'm gonna add a -2 here.
I'm gonna assume that Duke is intimidated by our awesomeness and working up the nerve to interview us. Because premed ego and insecurity. :laugh:

Agree -3 here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!! 3.74/519!! Glad I'm getting something back from that horribly long secondary :)

II just now! Complete early/mid-July. Guess all that writing was worth it! I had nothing interesting to write about myself for the essays...

30% post-interview acceptance rate... yikes.

Last edited:
II :) I was actually complete later than most (early/mid-August), so it doesn't seem like they are going in order.

Reactions: 2 users
II what a fast turn around! So excited for this first one.

II :) I was actually complete later than most (early/mid-August), so it doesn't seem like they are going in order.

Maybe they are going in order and just left out the ones in between

Reactions: 1 user
when did you submit?
Submitted some time mid-August before my MCAT scores came out. Probably they liked my diverse AmeriCorps experiences since they did have a special spot for that on the Secondary- just a speculation.

II! I waited 5 weeks to send back the secondary so I'm surprised. If you're thinking you waited too long to submit, just do it anyway, glad I did.

Reactions: 5 users
II! I waited 5 weeks to send back the secondary so I'm surprised. If you're thinking you waited too long to submit, just do it anyway, glad I did.

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Would you mind sharing your stats?

II today! Completed July 12. 3.81/518. OOS minority, wonder how that affected it.

Hi all, I spoke to the admissions office about the possibility of Hurricane Irma affecting travel for certain interview dates. They said that they will be in contact with interviewees about travel and potential rescheduling if it is necessary! Just wanted to give someone peace of mind if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does applying to the PCLT program make it harder to get in? Or are you automatically considered for the regular MD program?

MSTP II!! Complete 8/3

Reactions: 4 users
II today! Complete 7/12. Regular MD

dang... my stats are around yours. This gives me hope. Would you say there is anything super stellar about your app that put it out of the ordinary?

Does applying to the PCLT program make it harder to get in? Or are you automatically considered for the regular MD program?
Not sure,

their website states: "All PCLT applicants will be considered for the traditional MD track at Duke if not considered by the PCLT program."

Can someone please enlighten me as to where on the Secondary App I can update my application? I emailed the general MD admissions email a copy of my updates, and she responded by saying I can update it under "Application Updates," however I cannot find this. Thanks!

Can someone please enlighten me as to where on the Secondary App I can update my application? I emailed the general MD admissions email a copy of my updates, and she responded by saying I can update it under "Application Updates," however I cannot find this. Thanks!
Under "Additional Considerations" you can upload files; it says "Files may still be uploaded after application submission up until one week after an MD interview." I haven't tried this myself, but it seems that this is the place to send your updates :)

Under "Additional Considerations" you can upload files; it says "Files may still be uploaded after application submission up until one week after an MD interview." I haven't tried this myself, but it seems that this is the place to send your updates :)
It worked! thanks!

For ppl who've had multiple MMIs... were they different from school to school? I had one at Cinci and they went out of their way to make it relaxed and easy-going. I've heard stories about some stations being designed to stress you out or grill you hard. How does Duke's compare?

For ppl who've had multiple MMIs... were they different from school to school? I had one at Cinci and they went out of their way to make it relaxed and easy-going. I've heard stories about some stations being designed to stress you out or grill you hard. How does Duke's compare?

I took the MMI yesterday and I thought that they had a mix. Some were laid back while in some others they grilled me pretty hard to throw me off my game. Just keep your cool and you will do fine. BTW Duke overall was amazing. I fell in love and it is definitely my top choice.

I took the MMI yesterday and I thought that they had a mix. Some were laid back while in some others they grilled me pretty hard to throw me off my game. Just keep your cool and you will do fine. BTW Duke overall was amazing. I fell in love and it is definitely my top choice.
They didn't ask anything where you'd have to have knowledge of like... healthcare policy, right? That was my biggest concern for my last MMI but pretty much the questions didn't require prior knowledge

Also, what makes Duke your #1 over other schools? What do you think of their third year?