You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 East Tennessee (Quillen)
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!!! First one!! Do you mind sharing stats/ORM/URM? completion dates?Guys I just got an interview...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It takes a hot minute from ETSU, they screen pretty well between primary and secondary (at least for OOS). I want to say it was at least a month after the primary for me.When you guys submitted your primary, did you get an email confirmation ronanything from ETSU?
How long after submitting your primary did you get a secondary?
II received this morning by email for September 7th!! IS
If you PM me I will tell you all my stuffCongrats!!! First one!! Do you mind sharing stats/ORM/URM? completion dates?
You have your security up to where I cant message you.If you PM me I will tell you all my stuff
Once you get the PM, post it for the rest of us haha.If you PM me I will tell you all my stuff
Does anyone know how frequently they send out II? I was complete August 11th, but I didn't get an invite so I am wondering if that means I won't get one or they haven't gotten to my application yet.
Does anyone know how frequently they send out II? I was complete August 11th, but I didn't get an invite so I am wondering if that means I won't get one or they haven't gotten to my application yet.
It is still really early, so you still have a great chance for an interview. They interview I believe until either March or February, but I am unsure of the exact date. Here is to wishing you the best with an II very soon!
7
700825
@Damowwies Yeah, they sent me an email saying they received my AMCAS and it was under review for a secondary. I assume everyone gets this email. How long ago did you submit it?
I called and got it all figured out. Thanks!@Damowwies Yeah, they sent me an email saying they received my AMCAS and it was under review for a secondary. I assume everyone gets this email. How long ago did you submit it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an II!
II early this afternoon!!
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! Let us know how it goes!
For those that interviewed already, how did you like it? Was it relaxed or super formal or what?
I am new to SDN, but here's some of my info. My primary was verified on August 15, I received a secondary from Quillen on 9/1, turned that around in two-three days, received a confirmation email yesterday that they had received all of my info (which was a stressful wait time for that, and I emailed with no response). I am an in-state applicant, first time applying. Good luck to those of you with interviews.
Like a lot of others have pointed out in the past, it was very relaxed. Quillen almost (or actually very overtly) prides themselves on how relaxed it is. They're trying to get to know you, they're not going to try to find your breaking point or anything like that. I would go as far to say that they may be so relaxed that at times it may feel as though you don't really have the opportunity to prove yourself. My interviewer asked me things like, what have you been reading lately, and do you like the outdoors. There's a challenge in itself of trying to make sure you steer the interview in directions that highlight your strengths, and more importantly, give you the opportunity to explain your red flags if you have them. Because frankly my interviewer and I likely could've spent the whole hour just chatting. Just keep this in mind so that you can find your balance during the interview. Aside from that, it was a very pleasant day.For those that interviewed already, how did you like it? Was it relaxed or super formal or what?
How many interviewers did you meet with?Like a lot of others have pointed out in the past, it was very relaxed. Quillen almost (or actually very overtly) prides themselves on how relaxed it is. They're trying to get to know you, they're not going to try to find your breaking point or anything like that. I would go as far to say that they may be so relaxed that at times it may feel as though you don't really have the opportunity to prove yourself. My interviewer asked me things like, what have you been reading lately, and do you like the outdoors. There's a challenge in itself of trying to make sure you steer the interview in directions that highlight your strengths, and more importantly, give you the opportunity to explain your red flags if you have them. Because frankly my interviewer and I likely could've spent the whole hour just chatting. Just keep this in mind so that you can find your balance during the interview. Aside from that, it was a very pleasant day.
Two interviews. 1 hour each.How many interviewers did you meet with?
7
700825
II just now!!! My first of the cycle! Lizzy M 73 IS complete 8/18
Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets and makes a decision? I am just wondering when to expect either a hold or a rejection... lol.
Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets and makes a decision? I am just wondering when to expect either a hold or a rejection... lol.
The committee meets today and they said regualr decision applicants will know if they are on hold or rejection later this week. If accepted at that meeting a regular decision applicant will be placed on hold. On October 16th, the applicant will get an email if they were accepted that day, and if not then no email will be received that day and the applicant is in an active hold position. I asked about all the details when I interviewed there the second week of this month.
+1 except for that I interviewed a little less than a week later. I wonder if anyone got a pre-oct. 16 rejection. Anywho. Good luck to everyone.Placed on hold this morning! Hopefully, this means I will be accepted on 10/16! I interviewed on 9/6. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewing this coming Monday. For those that have already interviewed, do you have any tips or suggestions for prepping for the interview?
Does anyone have any idea how many people they accept per adcom meeting? Im sure this number is a bit dynamic. was just curious if anyone had any idea.
Also, does anyone know when the adcoms meet to make decisions? maybe like after this coming monday but before the 16th?....asking for a friend.....
So their first meeting was on Sept 25 I believe. That was when the hold list emails went out. Everyone who was rejected (which I’m not entirely sure anyone was) was notified and everyone otherwise was placed on the hold list (because they can’t accept anyone until oct 15). I’m fairly certain their next meeting is the 15th, and then the first round of acceptances will be handed out on the 16th. Or that’s the way I understand it.Also, does anyone know when the adcoms meet to make decisions? maybe like after this coming monday but before the 16th?....asking for a friend.....
So their first meeting was on Sept 25 I believe. That was when the hold list emails went out. Everyone who was rejected (which I’m not entirely sure anyone was) was notified and everyone otherwise was placed on the hold list (because they can’t accept anyone until oct 15). I’m fairly certain their next meeting is the 15th, and then the first round of acceptances will be handed out on the 16th. Or that’s the way I understand it.
This is the same as I was told as well. However, I am unsure if any meeting day past the September 25th one. They did say though that if accepted in that first meeting a person would put on hold first and then receive an acceptance email on the 16th of October due to the 15th being a Sunday
7
700825
For those that have interviewed:
I know this question has already been asked in some form, but to include those of you that have interviewed recently: Any tips for the interviews at Quillen? Or anything worth noting from your experience interviewing?
Interviewed here this past Wednesday and just would echo what everyone else has said. The interviews were very laid back and conversational. It seemed as though they were more concerned with getting an idea of your personality and fit rather than evaluating you. Also, all the students and faculty I encountered during the day were super friendly (ex. When we toured the anatomy lab the MS1s were in there and they all invited us to come over and see what they were doing/show us what they were learning).
Cool, thanks.Interviewed here this past Wednesday and just would echo what everyone else has said. The interviews were very laid back and conversational. It seemed as though they were more concerned with getting an idea of your personality and fit rather than evaluating you. Also, all the students and faculty I encountered during the day were super friendly (ex. When we toured the anatomy lab the MS1s were in there and they all invited us to come over and see what they were doing/show us what they were learning).
,
Congrats! Any chance you could share a LizzyM/how they contacted you?Just accepted! Unbelievably excited!
LizzyM: 70Congrats! Any chance you could share a LizzyM/how they contacted you?
They called me this morning!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! What day did you interview??LizzyM: 70
They called me this morning!
11/6 (the first day of interviews)Congrats!!! What day did you interview??
Does anyone know when another acceptance day like today happens?
Last edited:
They told us the committee would be meeting on the 23, and that they wouldn't make us wait but get the info to us soon after so I assume the 24th.Does anyone know when it’s an appropriate time to assum acceptances are done being given out today?/Does anyone know when another acceptance day like today happens?
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk