2017-2018 George Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hope us March interviewees get some love soon. Sounds like mostly January people so far.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Its strange that no one who interview before December has heard back.

At least from looking at last years thread many of those that heard back around now interviewed earlier in the cycle.

Congrats though to those who've heard back!! Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for some good news next week.

I have no idea. I’ve just been noticing the responses from folks on this thread. Hope it isn’t the case! :0
How about us September interviewers.... lol. :( please don't forget about me GW I know it was so long ago but please please pleeeeeeasssseeeeeee

Its strange that no one who interview before December has heard back.

At least from looking at last years thread many of those that heard back around now interviewed earlier in the cycle.

Congrats though to those who've heard back!! Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for some good news next week.

My interview was before Dec. People may just not be posting

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea what the likelihood of getting off waitlist is for gw?

Has anyone else seen any movement thus far this week? So far I haven't heard anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
Trust me, I'm right there with you. This was my only II so I've been stalking the WL movement like no other.

I know it’s not a foregone indication, but now the Facebook group has 159 members (including admin) for a class of ~180 (?)

Make of that what you will but as I see it there is still some hope

Last year, there were two big waitlist movements. One in April and one in early June. Don't write yourself off yet!

Reactions: 2 users
Trust me, I'm right there with you. This was my only II so I've been stalking the WL movement like no other.

Same! Really hoping for some more movement, I've been using any excuse really to update my portal and show my interest haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the info! outback said that the recent additions were current med school students, so I was just wondering haha
An admin is posting on behalf of the current medical students. I believe the intent is for the page to only be for the class of 2022

there are a handful of current students that either posted about housing before the admin started doing that, or opened themseleves up for q and a when the page was created

there are a handful of current students that either posted about housing before the admin started doing that, or opened themseleves up for q and a when the page was created
Some of them are repeating their first year so they're technically current student but are part of the next class

we're referring to different people. I'm talking about the kids who posted asking whether any admitted students had questions for them. I think one of them was an M3, another an M1

Accepted off the waitlist on 5/14!
Interviewed early March. Spoke with Kevin Nies the week before to express my interest in GW. Notified by personal email from Kevin Nies followed by official email. Super stoked!!!

Interviewed early March. Spoke with Kevin Nies the week before to express my interest in GW. Notified by personal email from Kevin Nies followed by official email. Super stoked!!!
Do you have other acceptances that you mentioned when you talked to him?

Did you email him or speak to him on the phone?

Congrats on your acceptance!

But also that pretty crappy because they literally mentioned they would let everyone know if they were going to allow people to do that.

Congrats on your acceptance!

But also that pretty crappy because they literally mentioned they would let everyone know if they were going to allow people to do that.

Yea I called the office too and they didn’t let me talk to the dean of admission.

Did you call them today?

About a week ago! And the receptionist said to email the office if you have any questions and that he can’t just let me talk to the deans.

Wonder how I can get through them and I mean seems like they are letting people talk to the deans so not sure if it was just that specific receptionist? Seems a bit unfair!

About a week ago! And the receptionist said to email the office if you have any questions and that he can’t just let me talk to the deans

:/ I'm sorry. Did you try emailing them?

How do you guys get into contact with Kevin Nies??

All I did was email the office asking to speak with someone about my interest in GW. I received a call later that week.

Does anyone know if you do the MD MPH degree do you also do a scholarly concentration?

Does anyone know if you do the MD MPH degree do you also do a scholarly concentration?
The scholarly concentration is an optional opportunity for all students. The mph does not have an MD concentration requisite.

Anybody know the latest scoop on WL movement here?

Looking at previous year's threads, it looks like a lot of waitlist movement occurs at the end of May. Most likely because this is after when seat deposits are due? Just trying to keep the hope alive!!

Looking at previous year's threads, it looks like a lot of waitlist movement occurs at the end of May. Most likely because this is after when seat deposits are due? Just trying to keep the hope alive!!
Is this based on the movement from last year?

Phoned the admit office this afternoon and they said (in very vague terms) that they're still expecting some movement, but things are a bit "touch and go." Not sure what the latter part means. :shrug:

Reactions: 7 users
Just talked to someone at the admissions office now, kind of rude btw lol, and basically just said we'd be notified of any updates and when the alternate pool closes. I thought it was "viable" till July so not sure what that means.

Stay positive everyone! I remember last year this was around the time of the second wave of waitlist admissions. Stay patient with the admissions committee and keep hope alive!

I know its easy to start getting frustrated with your position on the waitlist now and start feeling like they are being rude or difficult, but remember there are a lot of people on the waitlist and the committee needs to work through all of them to make informed decisions.

Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Also any admitted students, feel free to ask any questions, I'd be happy to help!

Reactions: 2 users