2017-2018 Georgetown University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^^your new MCAT score got you the interview, not the letter
I agree that the new score is the most likely factor, by far, to have tilted their balance to interview / that I likely would not have gotten the interview without the new score.
The question here, though, is whether this letter spurred them into action. Is it possible that I may not have gotten the interview without prodding them. ?
 
We have really similar stats for college GPA, MCAT and Master's GPA! My collage GPA is a bit higher and new MCAT a little lower but overall really similar! You have really given me the motivation at this point!
Thanks y'all!

Sending my best wishes and highest hopes out to you all!!!!!!
<3
 
My pre-health committee finally submitted my letter. It took way longer than it should have and has been driving me insane. Hope it's not too late. I have a strong service background and close ties to the Jesuits. MCAT: 515, GPA: 3.92 Science GPA: 3.97. I'm also about to submit a paper as first author.

Do you think I have a good shot?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm another casualty in the most recent wave of rejections. Complete 7/16. Good luck to everybody still in it! Kill that interview for the rest of us!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And.....Rejected....First one for the season. Complete 7/19. Good luck to everyone who is still standing!
 
I was complete here 8/4. I have a new volunteering activity that I was planning on updating soon, should I do it asap? I don't want to wait too long and get rejected in the meantime but I think this will help my nonclinical volunteering significantly as its mentoring/teaching underserved middle school students with science projects for the next 3-4 months

I was going to wait until mid October or so but that may be too late
 
I was complete here 8/4. I have a new volunteering activity that I was planning on updating soon, should I do it asap? I don't want to wait too long and get rejected in the meantime but I think this will help my nonclinical volunteering significantly as its mentoring/teaching underserved middle school students with science projects for the next 3-4 months

I was going to wait until mid October or so but that may be too late

I was thinking of holding off on my update too, but then I figured there's nothing to lose since they can see the update and think "still reject", or "hmmm might be worth giving this poor soul a chance."
 
Sorry to hear about the rejections! 🙁 Just curious, were they through email or on the portal?