2017-2018 Georgetown University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear about the rejections, I know I'm not far from it either |_| Was anybody who got the axe md/phd?
 
I was complete here 8/4. I have a new volunteering activity that I was planning on updating soon, should I do it asap? I don't want to wait too long and get rejected in the meantime but I think this will help my nonclinical volunteering significantly as its mentoring/teaching underserved middle school students with science projects for the next 3-4 months

I was going to wait until mid October or so but that may be too late

I saw the last spat of rejections and immediately sent in a letter of interest with my new volunteering activities. I have no idea if they have reviewed my app (sent in secondary 7/25, but letters weren't in for another week). But they strike me as a school that wants people who fit their mission and want to be there. So perhaps a letter of interest/update of activities is in order.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My pre-health committee finally submitted my letter. It took way longer than it should have and has been driving me insane. Hope it's not too late. I have a strong service background and close ties to the Jesuits. MCAT: 515, GPA: 3.92 Science GPA: 3.97. I'm also about to submit a paper as first author.

Do you think I have a good shot?
You can go on MSAR and check for schools whose median acceptable MCAT is between 512 and 517, and apply to all those schools. Unless you are a CA resident, it may be futile applying there, except for probably Loma Linda (Jesuit advantage), Keck and Davis.I realize you are a little late, but with your stats you probably have a good shot.
 
Has anyone complete around 9/6 heard anything (II or rejection)? My committee letter took over two months to go through...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Totally just realized that my status is "Your application is under review" and honestly don't know if that was the status right after I was complete or if this changed from "Your application is complete"...does everyone's who hasn't heard yet say that too?
 
Totally just realized that my status is "Your application is under review" and honestly don't know if that was the status right after I was complete or if this changed from "Your application is complete"...does everyone's who hasn't heard yet say that too?
Haven't heard anything yet, have this status too. Completed 9/5.
 
Totally just realized that my status is "Your application is under review" and honestly don't know if that was the status right after I was complete or if this changed from "Your application is complete"...does everyone's who hasn't heard yet say that too?
I also have this status and I was complete 7/27
 
Any recent IIs? I somehow am still standing after the bloodbath

I don't think there will be much movement until after October 16th.
Totally just realized that my status is "Your application is under review" and honestly don't know if that was the status right after I was complete or if this changed from "Your application is complete"...does everyone's who hasn't heard yet say that too?

Been complete since 7/25, and I can definitely tell you that this status is default until a decision is made.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected today
Complete 8/3
good luck everyone! I did my shadowing here and the faculty were amazing!