2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear about the rejections! :( Just curious, were they through email or on the portal?
By email, ominously with the subject "Your Admissions Decision"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
baby's first med school rejection! complete 7/19. good luck to those still in the game :)

Reactions: 1 user
So, is it safe to say that Georgetown only sent rejections today and not IIs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear about the rejections, I know I'm not far from it either |_| Was anybody who got the axe md/phd?

Rejected! First one so it stings a little bit. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

I was complete here 8/4. I have a new volunteering activity that I was planning on updating soon, should I do it asap? I don't want to wait too long and get rejected in the meantime but I think this will help my nonclinical volunteering significantly as its mentoring/teaching underserved middle school students with science projects for the next 3-4 months

I was going to wait until mid October or so but that may be too late

I saw the last spat of rejections and immediately sent in a letter of interest with my new volunteering activities. I have no idea if they have reviewed my app (sent in secondary 7/25, but letters weren't in for another week). But they strike me as a school that wants people who fit their mission and want to be there. So perhaps a letter of interest/update of activities is in order.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they started rejecting people from early August complete dates yet?

My pre-health committee finally submitted my letter. It took way longer than it should have and has been driving me insane. Hope it's not too late. I have a strong service background and close ties to the Jesuits. MCAT: 515, GPA: 3.92 Science GPA: 3.97. I'm also about to submit a paper as first author.

Do you think I have a good shot?
You can go on MSAR and check for schools whose median acceptable MCAT is between 512 and 517, and apply to all those schools. Unless you are a CA resident, it may be futile applying there, except for probably Loma Linda (Jesuit advantage), Keck and Davis.I realize you are a little late, but with your stats you probably have a good shot.

Has anyone complete around 9/6 heard anything (II or rejection)? My committee letter took over two months to go through...

So, if we were complete mid July and have heard nothing... does that mean we are on hold?

Rejected. Complete 7/21
For those who received updates, first off, sorry about that, but does it update on the portal? Patiently awaiting my rejection soon -____-

Last edited:
For those who received updates, first off, sorry, but does it update on the portal? Patiently awaiting my rejection soon -____-
I got the decision by email, but the portal updated too. Below 'Application Complete' there's a new line saying 'an admissions decision has been made'

Did anyone with a section less than 125 receive an II?

Anyone complete 7/31 or later receive an II already?

Any recent IIs? I somehow am still standing after the bloodbath

Reactions: 4 users
Totally just realized that my status is "Your application is under review" and honestly don't know if that was the status right after I was complete or if this changed from "Your application is complete"...does everyone's who hasn't heard yet say that too?

Totally just realized that my status is "Your application is under review" and honestly don't know if that was the status right after I was complete or if this changed from "Your application is complete"...does everyone's who hasn't heard yet say that too?
Haven't heard anything yet, have this status too. Completed 9/5.

We were complete one day apart so maybe they're up to our round of apps and we'll hear something soon?
Have this status too and I was complete on 8/7.

I also have this status and I was complete 7/27

Any recent IIs? I somehow am still standing after the bloodbath

I don't think there will be much movement until after October 16th.

Been complete since 7/25, and I can definitely tell you that this status is default until a decision is made.

Would I be crazy to apply to this school this late in the game?

Would I be crazy to apply to this school this late in the game?

Shoot your shot, mate. In all serious, though, go ahead if you have the extra $$, fit/interested in their mission, and have around or above their average stats.

II

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Rejected today
Complete 8/3
good luck everyone! I did my shadowing here and the faculty were amazing!