2017-2018 Howard University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It sounds like the people that interviewed after Feb. are being placed on the strong alternate waitlist. Is there anyone that has interviewed and been accepted recently (since the beginning of Feb.)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not all. I am blessed enough to have 3 full tuition scholarship offers and I am going to second look day at all three before making my final choice! 🙂

Jeez, you are doing extremely well!! You should feel very proud. I was just wondering because I'm waitlisited at one of the schools you're accepted at lol.
 
I interviewed on the 27th of February. And I called today to ask for a status and they said they sent me a mail on the 15th of this month. If it was an acceptance shouldn’t it be by email first? Does anyone have a clue of what I should expect?
This is probably good news. I received my acceptance on the 15th a few months ago, and I received no email. Only mail. Good luck 🙂
 
This is probably good news. I received my acceptance on the 15th a few months ago, and I received no email. Only mail. Good luck 🙂
Thanks but I already got an email saying I was placed on the strong alternate list. I wish I knew more about this list like what number I am on the list so that if spots open I’d know what number I’ll be to be accepted
 
Thanks but I already got an email saying I was placed on the strong alternate list. I wish I knew more about this list like what number I am on the list so that if spots open I’d know what number I’ll be to be accepted
At my interview last week the admissions director told us that the list is not ranked, but the committee hopes to activate as much of the strong alternate list as they can once April 30 comes around and people who are holding multiple acceptances have to choose. She said that she hoped to eventually accept most of the strong alternate list as seats allowed. (To my best understanding)
 
At my interview last week the admissions director told us that the list is not ranked, but the committee hopes to activate as much of the strong alternate list as they can once April 30 comes around and people who are holding multiple acceptances have to choose. She said that she hoped to eventually accept most of the strong alternate list as seats allowed. (To my best understanding)
Did they say anything about whether they having been doing interviews the last couple of months specifically for the waitlist?
 
Hey guys! I interviewed today, so I am going to give you the facts directly from the admissions director herself. First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students. However, students are starting to withdraw their acceptances as the April 30th deadline is fast approaching. Second, Howard has interviewed nearly 290 applicants and will interview another 10-20 applicants before the end of April! Third, regular acceptances were sent out last week and they will continue to be sent out until the end of April. In conclusion, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students.
Hey guys! I interviewed today, so I am going to give you the facts directly from the admissions director herself. First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students. However, students are starting to withdraw their acceptances as the April 30th deadline is fast approaching. Second, Howard has interviewed nearly 290 applicants and will interview another 10-20 applicants before the end of April! Third, regular acceptances were sent out last week and they will continue to be sent out until the end of April. In conclusion, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!


" First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students."

Not sure what this means, how it works--fits into process... ie, how does it "slow down" regular acceptances--if all seats have been, to date, offered? Also, if cool, could you/someone give us the present Director's name? Thanks...
 
First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students.



" First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students."

Not sure what this means, how it works--fits into process... ie, how does it "slow down" regular acceptances--if all seats have been, to date, offered? Also, if cool, could you/someone give us the present Director's name? Thanks...
That will be 'Celia Williams-Fowlkes, M.Ed.'
 
Hey guys! I interviewed today, so I am going to give you the facts directly from the admissions director herself. First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students. However, students are starting to withdraw their acceptances as the April 30th deadline is fast approaching. Second, Howard has interviewed nearly 290 applicants and will interview another 10-20 applicants before the end of April! Third, regular acceptances were sent out last week and they will continue to be sent out until the end of April. In conclusion, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Have they already sent out the invites for the 10 -20 people
 
Hey guys! I interviewed today, so I am going to give you the facts directly from the admissions director herself. First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students. However, students are starting to withdraw their acceptances as the April 30th deadline is fast approaching. Second, Howard has interviewed nearly 290 applicants and will interview another 10-20 applicants before the end of April! Third, regular acceptances were sent out last week and they will continue to be sent out until the end of April. In conclusion, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Wow I did not know this. Does anyone know anybody that was actually accepted outright after interviewing in February?
 
Anyone here on the regular waitlist? I see a lot of people saying they got on the strong alternate list which makes me worried.
 
Hey guys! I interviewed today, so I am going to give you the facts directly from the admissions director herself. First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students. However, students are starting to withdraw their acceptances as the April 30th deadline is fast approaching. Second, Howard has interviewed nearly 290 applicants and will interview another 10-20 applicants before the end of April! Third, regular acceptances were sent out last week and they will continue to be sent out until the end of April. In conclusion, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!
Did she say if they mailed them or if it was via email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone post the Class of 2022 facebook link. I'm having trouble accessing what was emailed to me. Anyone else unable to see the page?
 
Still being considered at Howard but have received any correspondence in some time; who else is with me?
 
Just to clarify, when we interviewed they said that they will still be sending out acceptances. Although there aren't many available, there are still acceptances being offered. They also said that you shouldn't feel bad getting waitlisted because there will be movement. Also, yes unfortunately they are done sending out II. Good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
Just to clarify, when we interviewed they said that they will still be sending out acceptances. Although there aren't many available, there are still acceptances being offered. They also said that you shouldn't feel bad getting waitlisted because there will be movement. Also, yes unfortunately they are done sending out II. Good luck everyone!
I’m extremely interested in knowing if anyone on SDN has actually gotten an acceptance letter instead of a waitlist letter after February 1st
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m extremely interested in knowing if anyone on SDN has actually gotten an acceptance letter instead of a waitlist letter after February 1st
Yeah, I'm not sure about that. From this thread alone it doesn't seem like there are many. I'm just going off of what they said to us. Either way, Howard has a lot of movement on their waitlist so you should be optimistic if you have been waitlisted.