2017-2018 Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my letter and now email as well (weird?) for Strong Alternate. Really praying it becomes an acceptance
Same here. Email and letter in the mail for Strong Waitlist. imma sit back and thank the Lord on this good friday for still being considered. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my letter today for strong alternate waitlist. Interviewed on the 27th of February. I hope it changes in a week

Reactions: 1 users
It sounds like the people that interviewed after Feb. are being placed on the strong alternate waitlist. Is there anyone that has interviewed and been accepted recently (since the beginning of Feb.)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow!! Congratulations. Will you be withdrawing from all the places you were accepted too?

Not all. I am blessed enough to have 3 full tuition scholarship offers and I am going to second look day at all three before making my final choice! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Any early-Feb interviewee get accepted? It looks like no acceptance after late Jan interviews...

Not all. I am blessed enough to have 3 full tuition scholarship offers and I am going to second look day at all three before making my final choice! :)

Jeez, you are doing extremely well!! You should feel very proud. I was just wondering because I'm waitlisited at one of the schools you're accepted at lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on the 27th of February. And I called today to ask for a status and they said they sent me a mail on the 15th of this month. If it was an acceptance shouldn’t it be by email first? Does anyone have a clue of what I should expect?
This is probably good news. I received my acceptance on the 15th a few months ago, and I received no email. Only mail. Good luck :)

This is probably good news. I received my acceptance on the 15th a few months ago, and I received no email. Only mail. Good luck :)
Thanks but I already got an email saying I was placed on the strong alternate list. I wish I knew more about this list like what number I am on the list so that if spots open I’d know what number I’ll be to be accepted

Thanks but I already got an email saying I was placed on the strong alternate list. I wish I knew more about this list like what number I am on the list so that if spots open I’d know what number I’ll be to be accepted
At my interview last week the admissions director told us that the list is not ranked, but the committee hopes to activate as much of the strong alternate list as they can once April 30 comes around and people who are holding multiple acceptances have to choose. She said that she hoped to eventually accept most of the strong alternate list as seats allowed. (To my best understanding)

At my interview last week the admissions director told us that the list is not ranked, but the committee hopes to activate as much of the strong alternate list as they can once April 30 comes around and people who are holding multiple acceptances have to choose. She said that she hoped to eventually accept most of the strong alternate list as seats allowed. (To my best understanding)
Did they say anything about whether they having been doing interviews the last couple of months specifically for the waitlist?

Did they say anything about whether they having been doing interviews the last couple of months specifically for the waitlist?
Nope, she said that it was possible for us to still receive an acceptance off rip and I interviewed 3/27

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I interviewed today, so I am going to give you the facts directly from the admissions director herself. First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students. However, students are starting to withdraw their acceptances as the April 30th deadline is fast approaching. Second, Howard has interviewed nearly 290 applicants and will interview another 10-20 applicants before the end of April! Third, regular acceptances were sent out last week and they will continue to be sent out until the end of April. In conclusion, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

Reactions: 6 users
I think it's safe to assume that those last 10-20 IIs have already been sent out :(

Thanks for the info!!!

Reactions: 2 users
First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students.
Hey guys! I interviewed today, so I am going to give you the facts directly from the admissions director herself. First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students. However, students are starting to withdraw their acceptances as the April 30th deadline is fast approaching. Second, Howard has interviewed nearly 290 applicants and will interview another 10-20 applicants before the end of April! Third, regular acceptances were sent out last week and they will continue to be sent out until the end of April. In conclusion, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

" First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students."

Not sure what this means, how it works--fits into process... ie, how does it "slow down" regular acceptances--if all seats have been, to date, offered? Also, if cool, could you/someone give us the present Director's name? Thanks...

First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students.

" First, the strong alternate waitlist was created to slow down the amount of regular acceptances given while the admissions office waited on confirmation from accepted students."

Not sure what this means, how it works--fits into process... ie, how does it "slow down" regular acceptances--if all seats have been, to date, offered? Also, if cool, could you/someone give us the present Director's name? Thanks...
That will be 'Celia Williams-Fowlkes, M.Ed.'

Have they already sent out the invites for the 10 -20 people

Wow I did not know this. Does anyone know anybody that was actually accepted outright after interviewing in February?

Wow I did not know this. Does anyone know anybody that was actually accepted outright after interviewing in February?
cannot find a single person. I hope the acceptances sent out will be to march interviewees AND strong alternates or I'll feel a bit skipped over lol

Anyone here on the regular waitlist? I see a lot of people saying they got on the strong alternate list which makes me worried.

I interviewed Feb.13 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure what to make of this.

So I called them - and they said yes, all interview invitations are sent out - and pretty much nicely rejected me over the phone and told me to try next year :D

Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed Feb.13 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure what to make of this.

I am in the same boat as you. Interviewed on 2/20 and haven’t heard anything

Did she say if they mailed them or if it was via email?

Can someone post the Class of 2022 facebook link. I'm having trouble accessing what was emailed to me. Anyone else unable to see the page?

Can someone post the Class of 2022 facebook link. I'm having trouble accessing what was emailed to me. Anyone else unable to see the page?
This happened to me as well.
On Facebook, add the email that you used for AMCAS to your list of emails. Then try again. Hope this helps!

Still being considered at Howard but have received any correspondence in some time; who else is with me?

Sit tight guys! I had an interview this week and they said that you should hear back in the next couple of weeks :)

Reactions: 4 users
Sit tight guys! I had an interview this week and they said that you should hear back in the next couple of weeks :)

Did they say if more interviews would be granted?

Just to clarify, when we interviewed they said that they will still be sending out acceptances. Although there aren't many available, there are still acceptances being offered. They also said that you shouldn't feel bad getting waitlisted because there will be movement. Also, yes unfortunately they are done sending out II. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Just to clarify, when we interviewed they said that they will still be sending out acceptances. Although there aren't many available, there are still acceptances being offered. They also said that you shouldn't feel bad getting waitlisted because there will be movement. Also, yes unfortunately they are done sending out II. Good luck everyone!
I’m extremely interested in knowing if anyone on SDN has actually gotten an acceptance letter instead of a waitlist letter after February 1st

Reactions: 3 users
I’m extremely interested in knowing if anyone on SDN has actually gotten an acceptance letter instead of a waitlist letter after February 1st
Yeah, I'm not sure about that. From this thread alone it doesn't seem like there are many. I'm just going off of what they said to us. Either way, Howard has a lot of movement on their waitlist so you should be optimistic if you have been waitlisted.

Should I be worried if I have not been waitlisted but interviewed in February?

Should I be worried if I have not been waitlisted but interviewed in February?
They might be backed up, they might not. Try not to stress because there's not much that you can do except wait. I'm rooting for you guys though!