2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, all! It's nice to meet you. I also received an II here today by email.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
II today and very excited! Seems like they were waiting for my Fall grades because I received an II email right after sending an academic update.

My status post-interview was changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." but I did not receive an email from them. Does that mean I'm just waiting on a rejection letter? For those who got acceptances, did they send you an email?

Members don't see this ad :)
My status post-interview was changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." but I did not receive an email from them. Does that mean I'm just waiting on a rejection letter? For those who got acceptances, did they send you an email?
It does not mean rejection. From my understanding, they send all decisions by mail, not email.

Just withdrew from the class. Good luck to anyone waiting to hear!

Those who are planning to attend this school, what do you like about this school?

Those who are planning to attend this school, what do you like about this school?

I am very much attracted to the PBL-based curriculum because I personally find it to be best for me in terms of learning. I am not really a lecture-type person and PBL sessions look fun and exciting to do. It is also the cheapest private DO school in the U.S., and it is close to my home. I don't mind the rules like the dress code, and living in Florida is great. Also, the match list is promising since there are several who obtain competitive residencies each year, and rotations are available in a wide variety of places including Florida, up north in Pennsylvania and New York, and even in the west like California. Also the board scores for COMLEX has been consistently well above the national average.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
for anyone who got rejected-- did you get a letter in the mail, or was it an email? my portal has said "my application is under review" for months now, and I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone... thanks for your help!

II this morning, IS, next available date is 3/2

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how this school compares to KCU in terms of match rate and reputation?

How come this school has significantly less traffic on the forums compared to Eerie and Seton?

mommieofthree, I received an II by email!

how were you notified of your II? Did your portal change to "a decision will be mailed to you in 30 days"?
I was emailed for my II. I think that “mailed in 30 Days” prompt is post interview

I am very much attracted to the PBL-based curriculum because I personally find it to be best for me in terms of learning. I am not really a lecture-type person and PBL sessions look fun and exciting to do. It is also the cheapest private DO school in the U.S., and it is close to my home. I don't mind the rules like the dress code, and living in Florida is great. Also, the match list is promising since there are several who obtain competitive residencies each year, and rotations are available in a wide variety of places including Florida, up north in Pennsylvania and New York, and even in the west like California. Also the board scores for COMLEX has been consistently well above the national average.
Have you already interviewed/received a decision?

I have my interview coming up, any advice?
Is it a group interview?
I'm interviewing late Feb, but a recruiter came to my school and briefly talked about the interview process. 24 applicants a week, 1 group interview (8 students with 2 faculty), and 1 individual interview (1 student with 2 faculty). She said the interview is usually more on the relaxed/casual side, but I'd still be prepared for tough questions.

I have my interview coming up, any advice?
Is it a group interview?
Like honeybakedsam said, there is a group interview and 1 on 1 interview. The group interview is more or less just to see how you would do in a PBL environment and the 1-on-1 interview is very short. I honestly think I spent more time asking my own questions about the school than answering questions from the interviewer. The group interview is mostly ethical questions, so make sure you can demonstrate you can analyze both sides of the argument and you should be fine. Not sure I can speak for all 1-on-1 interviews but it was basically questions like "why should we accept you? what do you have to offer to the matriculating class?" etc. You're going to be great.

Got a letter saying I should apply to their masters program to increase my upper level sciences. I'm taking that as a rejection. 3.58 3.54 505

damn i didnt know they sent those type of letters

First-time poster here. Question about the drug test for LECOM-B (or any other medical school for that matter): If I test positive for a drug on the 10-panel list that is LEGAL in my state of residence (not alcohol), will my acceptance be revoked? I am not sure how this works exactly also taking into account that they test for alcohol, which would be legal for all students so why test for that?

First-time poster here. Question about the drug test for LECOM-B (or any other medical school for that matter): If I test positive for a drug on the 10-panel list that is LEGAL in my state of residence (not alcohol), will my acceptance be revoked? I am not sure how this works exactly also taking into account that they test for alcohol, which would be legal for all students so why test for that?
If this refers to THC, it is currently not legal in any state in the US. Federal law makes it illegal everywhere. I wouldn't risk sending back a panel positive with it.

If this refers to THC, it is currently not legal in any state in the US. Federal law makes it illegal everywhere. I wouldn't risk sending back a panel positive with it.

why not just wait and take it when youre positive everything will be negative

"Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

My portal has said this for 4 months. I know they send pre-II rejections, so I was wondering if anyone had received an II after seeing this for months or what I should think at this point?

"Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

My portal has said this for 4 months. I know they send pre-II rejections, so I was wondering if anyone had received an II after seeing this for months or what I should think at this point?

I was complete for 3 months before receiving an II. What I think really helped me was sending an email regarding my academic update. I attached a pdf of my transcript (this was before AACOMAS verified my update) and I also briefly mentioned new shadowing experiences/ECs I've completed this fall. I received an II a day after sending the email. If you did do the academic update, I suggest letting them know about it. AACOMAS may have already sent them the info, but emailing them shows that you're still interested in the school.

ALSO: It looks like someone previously mentioned how they received an II after calling the admissions office. They were under review for 3 months.

Last edited:
I was complete for 3 months before receiving an II. What I think really helped me was sending an email regarding my academic update. I attached a pdf of my transcript (this was before AACOMAS verified my update) and I also briefly mentioned new shadowing experiences/ECs I've completed this fall. I received an II a day after sending the email. If you did do the academic update, I suggest letting them know about it. AACOMAS may have already sent them the info, but emailing them shows that you're still interested in the school.

ALSO: It looks like someone previously mentioned how they received an II after calling the admissions office. They were under review for 3 months.

So I sent in an update earlier this week to both the general emails for Erie and Bradenton. I heard back from Bradenton, but nothing from Erie yet. Did you send yours to both campuses? DId you ever hear back from Erie?

So I sent in an update earlier this week to both the general emails for Erie and Bradenton. I heard back from Bradenton, but nothing from Erie yet. Did you send yours to both campuses? DId you ever hear back from Erie?
which email did you use for Erie? Isn't the same for both campuses?

A while back, LECOM-B sent me an email with a discover LECOM page with a personal URL for me. On that email and page, there was contact info for an admissions personnel. Mine was Susan Ballinger ([email protected]) who responded promptly. As for LECOM-E, I just sent it to the general admissions email. They never responded to my email, but after 3 weeks I received an II to SH campus. I'm thinking they didn't have a chance to look at my email, or just waited until AACOMAS sent them the info.

A while back, LECOM-B sent me an email with a discover LECOM page with a personal URL for me. On that email and page, there was contact info for an admissions personnel. Mine was Susan Ballinger ([email protected]) who responded promptly. As for LECOM-E, I just sent it to the general admissions email. They never responded to my email, but after 3 weeks I received an II to SH campus. I'm thinking they didn't have a chance to look at my email, or just waited until AACOMAS sent them the info.
In my response from LECOM-B, the person that responded cc'd Ballinger.
LECOM-E is radio silence.
I did get interesting info from LECOM-B as to why I've been under review since late July/early August, so it will be interesting to see if I get an II. Are there any patterns as to when wither of the campuses send out II? Or is it pretty much any day of the week?

In my response from LECOM-B, the person that responded cc'd Ballinger.
LECOM-E is radio silence.
I did get interesting info from LECOM-B as to why I've been under review since late July/early August, so it will be interesting to see if I get an II. Are there any patterns as to when wither of the campuses send out II? Or is it pretty much any day of the week?

I did receive both of my IIs on a Thursday, not sure if this is a coincidence or not.

I interviewed today at Bradenton. For everyone that has not interviewed yet or is considering applying next cycle, I definitely did NOT get the “terrible” vibe that other people have said. I thought it seemed like a pleasant environment, and all the students I talked to seemed happy. Plus, LECOM has one of the highest COMLEX mean scores in the country, so that’s nothing to laugh at. Anyone who tells you not to consider cost of attendance or implies that considering cost of attendance somehow makes you shallow is completely wrong. Maybe that shouldn’t be the only thing you consider. However, the cheap tuition at LECOM is definitely a plus, and you will be grateful later in life. That’s just my two cents worth. I had a great experience today. I will have a tough time choosing between here (if I get accepted) and KCU.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed today at Bradenton. For everyone that has not interviewed yet or is considering applying next cycle, I definitely did NOT get the “terrible” vibe that other people have said. I thought it seemed like a pleasant environment, and all the students I talked to seemed happy. Plus, LECOM has one of the highest COMLEX mean scores in the country, so that’s nothing to laugh at. Anyone who tells you not to consider cost of attendance or implies that considering cost of attendance somehow makes you shallow is completely wrong. Maybe that shouldn’t be the only thing you consider. However, the cheap tuition at LECOM is definitely a plus, and you will be grateful later in life. That’s just my two cents worth. I had a great experience today. I will have a tough time choosing between here (if I get accepted) and KCU.

Hey I'm glad you had a positive experience at your interview. I'm really looking forward to mine in about a month! I was wondering if the one on one interview is open or closed file? Also I know people on sdn were concerned about the clinical rotations at LECOM-B, did they say anything about the topic?

Hey I'm glad you had a positive experience at your interview. I'm really looking forward to mine in about a month! I was wondering if the one on one interview is open or closed file? Also I know people on sdn were concerned about the clinical rotations at LECOM-B, did they say anything about the topic?
They said that there were currently about 100 rotation spots in Florida I think. Highest GPAs get first preference. The other rotation sites are in the Northeast. I think 4th year you are responsible for setting up for own rotations at approved places, but that’s how it is at pretty much every DO school.

Also, if you’d like an earlier interview you can always check to see if someone cancels. I got mine moved from March to today.

My interview last Friday was closed file. It may be up to the individual interviewers though.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how many applications they get? And how many interviews are sent out? And how many are accepted from interviews?

Mine still says: Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

Got my official rejection from here on Monday (pre interview).
My portal had changed to the "desicion in 30 days" thing for a few weeks so I knew it was coming. Good luck to you guys!

Based on the questions I had, it seemed like the group interview was closed file but the 2-on-1 was definitely open file because I was asked specific questions about my AACOMAS application. It might be different with different interviewers though. Best of luck!!

Are there any current LECOM-B students on this thread? I have some questions about the school that I'd like a current student's perspective on, please PM me if possible, thank you!