2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They could have focused on other circus-y stuff like cute elephants or tigers...I would be so down for pics of baby tigers all over :D
Lol it was whatever was donated to them

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, just received an interview invite for this school this morning and it is scheduled for this Friday (11/10). I'm definitely interested in this school, but its going to take many miracles to be able to get off work (I work full time) and travel on such short notice. Does anyone know if they are receptive to applicants asking to have their interview date rescheduled? Thank you!

Hi everyone, just received an interview invite for this school this morning and it is scheduled for this Friday (11/10). I'm definitely interested in this school, but its going to take many miracles to be able to get off work (I work full time) and travel on such short notice. Does anyone know if they are receptive to applicants asking to have their interview date rescheduled? Thank you!
Congrats, and I just got the same email! My home address is only about 10 mins away but I go to undergrad OOS, so I'm in the same boat

Members don't see this ad :)
Also - I am pretty confused about the letter requirements. I already have 5 recommendation letters that were verified in AACOMAS, including one from a DO. Will this fulfill the letter requirement that they want you to have before the interview? Or do I need to have a recommender fill out their separate information sheet and send another letter addressed specifically to LECOM?

Congrats, and I just got the same email! My home address is only about 10 mins away but I go to undergrad OOS, so I'm in the same boat
Congrats to you too! I actually just emailed them explaining that I have a work conflict and would like to request another date. They were very responsive and offered me December 13! :)

Also - I am pretty confused about the letter requirements. I already have 5 recommendation letters that were verified in AACOMAS, including one from a DO. Will this fulfill the letter requirement that they want you to have before the interview? Or do I need to have a recommender fill out their separate information sheet and send another letter addressed specifically to LECOM?
I read some of the earlier threads and it seems like they're slow in updating their portal. There were people who had everything submitted but the portal said it wasn't received, but after calling/emailing admissions, they said they were good to go! Hope this helps. Best of luck at your interview on 12/13! I got rescheduled to 11/20 :)

I read some of the earlier threads and it seems like they're slow in updating their portal. There were people who had everything submitted but the portal said it wasn't received, but after calling/emailing admissions, they said they were good to go! Hope this helps. Best of luck at your interview on 12/13! I got rescheduled to 11/20 :)
Thank you! Best of luck to you as well. They actually messed up and rescheduled me for 11/13 and not 12/13. So I'm going next Monday, yippeeeee.

Complete 7/13- have seen several changes under the "admissions status" tab:
1). Review complete- will be notified in next 30 days (remained like this for nearly 2 months).
2). Application will be re-reviewed in 90 days.
3). (Now) "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

Has anyone else experienced anything similar or have any insight on this? Did receive an II from LECOM-Erie.

Complete 7/13- have seen several changes under the "admissions status" tab:
1). Review complete- will be notified in next 30 days (remained like this for nearly 2 months).
2). Application will be re-reviewed in 90 days.
3). (Now) "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

Has anyone else experienced anything similar or have any insight on this? Did receive an II from LECOM-Erie.

The exact same thing happened to me! I have been complete since 7/17. I thought it was a rejection at first when I saw the 30 days but now it looks like they are re-reviewing?

The exact same thing happened to me! I have been complete since 7/17. I thought it was a rejection at first when I saw the 30 days but now it looks like they are re-reviewing?
My guess is they're probably reconsidering your applications. I hope you guys hear something soon!

My application says this:

"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

What does this mean? My Erie application says this:

"Your application is under review."

I'm not sure what the difference is. Have they already started reviewing my Erie app, but haven't started on my Bradenton app?

That's what I thought as well. Glad to see I wasn't the only one! Hopefully some good news to come for the both of us!

Reactions: 1 users
at the interview, i signed off to get notified of my decision until november. does anyone know when that will be?

Members don't see this ad :)
at the interview, i signed off to get notified of my decision until november. does anyone know when that will be?
I believe they said around the middle of November, but then you have to wait for the letter to come in the mail

Do you mind me asking what you mean by "signing off to get notified of decision until November"? Did they ask you if you wanted to delay being notified of your decision? I am interviewing next week, so just curious.

Do you mind me asking what you mean by "signing off to get notified of decision until November"? Did they ask you if you wanted to delay being notified of your decision? I am interviewing next week, so just curious.

At the end of the interview day they explain that when they notify you of their decision (accepted/waitlisted/rejected) you then have 30 days to put down a $1500 deposit. You can chose to postpone the notification until mid November so you have until the official deadline in mid December to put down the deposit. This mid December date is the date that all DO schools have to have your deposit by if you’re notified by a decision before mid November. By postponing the notice you then have time to hear back from other schools, more time to think about your fit with LECOM, etc. Chosing one way or the other doesn’t change the decision made on your application. Either way they make a decision within a week or two.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I just received a II from this school. Honestly, I am pretty surprised. I submitted back in June and my portal was "a decision has been made on your file. you will hear from us in 30 days" around july. For those with this status, this DOES NOT mean a rejection. Can anyone elaborate as to the pros/cons of this program?

Completed in June, and received an II today. Withdrew my app from consideration, so I hope my interview spot goes to someone still waiting to hear! If you've been waiting a long time keep your hopes up!

For those of you that have gotten IIs: how long after submitting your secondary did you hear back? It's been like 3 weeks for me and I'm wondering how long I should expect to wait.

The option was for individuals that wanted a decision before mid-November, however, I am pretty sure that early/late decision is no longer an option and only for those interviewing in/before late October.

For those of you that have gotten IIs: how long after submitting your secondary did you hear back? It's been like 3 weeks for me and I'm wondering how long I should expect to wait.
I submitted back in July, and just got an II on 11/6.

Submitted 7/31, II on 8/18, scheduled for 9/11, postponed due to hurricane but I couldn't do the make-up date they offered due to another interview, so rescheduled for 11/1.

When I click on "Required Letters and Credits" on the portal it says

"No folder items which meet the requirements have been received."

Does this mean they haven't received my transcripts, LORs, etc?

When I click on "Required Letters and Credits" on the portal it says

"No folder items which meet the requirements have been received."

Does this mean they haven't received my transcripts, LORs, etc?
I had this same issue earlier this week. If you received an II, then this means they just haven't marked it in their system. I would email/call them before your interview to make sure they have everything. If you haven't received a II yet, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mine says the same thing for several months now..
"Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

When will LECOM start sending out rejection letters? Or have they already started?

Withdrew my II here, hope it goes to someone who's really loving this school!:biglove:

I interviewed 8/25 and signed off to get my decision in November and I'm pretty sure they said November 15th but I'm not sure if they meant exactly on November 15th or just sometime shortly after ??

I interviewed 8/25 and signed off to get my decision in November and I'm pretty sure they said November 15th but I'm not sure if they meant exactly on November 15th or just sometime shortly after ??

I interviewed pretty much the same date. Is it bad that we havent heard back yet?

I interviewed pretty much the same date. Is it bad that we havent heard back yet?

I don’t think so... if you picked the November 15th date (regular decision) I’m thinking we receive our decision sometime soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My status just changed to this post-interview .... I signed up for regular decision so I was expecting to hear back by today. Apparently the news is coming in the mail..
Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 10.18.14 AM.png

Nice! When did you interview? And has it been determined if the portal message or turnaround holds any hints?

I interviewed August 25th and selected regular decision instead of early decision.

I just called and they said they don’t release that information over the phone so I have to wait for snail mail AAAAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do y'all think it will be in the mail today or take another day or two?
Probably take another day or two I'm thinking? :( the suspense is killing meeee. I live in FL but I still think it'll take a day or two especially if they just mailed them out/plan on mailing them out today.

Probably take another day or two I'm thinking? :( the suspense is killing meeee. I live in FL but I still think it'll take a day or two especially if they just mailed them out/plan on mailing them out today.

I'm getting nervous as well, I interviewed about 2 weeks ago. I'll be posting if I see anything in the mail this afternoon

Interviewed way back in August & selected the normal November decision. I won't be attending either way, but curious to see my decision soon after all this time!

Yes, mine changed today (11/1 interview)

What was the status change to? Mine still states, "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

Edit: nvm I looked a page back

I called today, since my application was still marked under review, and discovered that they had not processed all my information yet despite having interviewed months ago. Just a heads up for anyone waiting.

I called today, since my application was still marked under review, and discovered that they had not processed all my information yet despite having interviewed months ago. Just a heads up for anyone waiting.

That's really good know. So your review process was essentially held up?

I gather the flow of statuses should go as follows:

-Under review
-Invited for interview
-Post-interview review
-Decision made

Has anyone experienced anything different?

That's really good know. So your review process was essentially held up?

I gather the flow of statuses should go as follows:

-Under review
-Invited for interview
-Post-interview review
-Decision made

Has anyone experienced anything different?

Yeah, they said that they would make a decision next week.

Yes, mine changed today (11/1 interview)

Waitlisted. Will be withdrawing as I was not impressed on interview day and was accepted somewhere that's a much better fit. Good luck, everyone!

What were your stats?

519 (improved from a 27), 3.32 undergrad (3.64 postbac). Over 40k hours clinical time with direct patient care, plus leadership, teaching, and service. OOS, VERY nontrad (acceptance letter was my 40th b-day present!).

Reactions: 1 users