2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No trick questions, just one ethics-based question.
I actually gave a really detailed response about the interview on the page before this one! I would copy/paste, but it's like 3 separate posts so I think it would be easier for you to just go back and read.

If you have any other questions after that, let me know :)

Also interviewing tomorrow! Do you happen to know if everyone had a similar interviewing experience? I have a friend who just graduated (and matched at her first choice residency), and she said every group's was different.

Some had roughly the same experience you did - they were asked generic questions like "what's the last movie you saw?" and were told to discuss amongst themselves. Hers was WAY different. Her group was given a clinical trial article that they had 30 seconds to read. Then they had to discuss the results of the trial and evaluate the supporting evidence. Did you hear anything about those kinds of interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Also interviewing tomorrow! Do you happen to know if everyone had a similar interviewing experience? I have a friend who just graduated (and matched at her first choice residency), and she said every group's was different.

Some had roughly the same experience you did - they were asked generic questions like "what's the last movie you saw?" and were told to discuss amongst themselves. Hers was WAY different. Her group was given a clinical trial article that they had 30 seconds to read. Then they had to discuss the results of the trial and evaluate the supporting evidence. Did you hear anything about those kinds of interviews?
When I interviewed last year (current OMS1), my group interview questions were also pretty generic.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, new to SDN and am glad I'm seeing a lot of people getting IIs! I've received an II for the Bradenton campus. Has anyone set up an FB group or something so maybe we can link up before/after interviews? Not sure if the SDN community does that kind of thing. Congrats to those who got an II so far :)

Nope, everyone seemed to be mainly on the same page that the interview was generic and casual. They do the clinical/ethics based thing in the MMI now, I suppose? It's not that bad though, honestly. You'll do great, I'm sure!

Hey guys, new to SDN and am glad I'm seeing a lot of people getting IIs! I've received an II for the Bradenton campus. Has anyone set up an FB group or something so maybe we can link up before/after interviews? Not sure if the SDN community does that kind of thing. Congrats to those who got an II so far :)
Usually, FB groups are only set up for students post-acceptance..like, once you decide where you want to attend. You can always PM other people who are interviewing the same day as you and ask if they want to meet up, though.

II set for Nov 10th! Thanks for all the help with preparing!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have anything in their folder for required letters and credits? Mine says that nothing has been received but everything I needed was on AACOMAS.

I submitted everything through AACOMAS and my credits were processed fine, but my letter requirements weren't. I just called the admissions office and asked them to double check. I spoke with Susan (she's SO nice) and all she did was pull up my AACOMAS account and link my letters to my LECOM account. She said it is usually either an oversight on their part OR the letters that were submitted on your behalf don't meet their specific requirements - e.g. not on letterhead, not signed by the author, or the professors that wrote your letters (if you don't have a committee letter) weren't "core science" professors.

Here's my timeline:
Secondary request & submitted - 6/23
Interview Invite - 7/6
Coursework requirements marked complete - 7/7
Letter requirements marked complete - 8/30 (after I called)

Basically, don't trip. I'd just call and ask.

PM me! But accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
This applies to applications to all schools but if I indicated on my secondary apps that I would be starting a volunteer position around this month, do I need to update all schools telling them the details? During my secondary apps, I was not yet assigned to a specific school or even day so I might have sounded vague in my secondaries. Should I update all the schools letting them know more details about my assignment?

Members don't see this ad :)
This applies to applications to all schools but if I indicated on my secondary apps that I would be starting a volunteer position around this month, do I need to update all schools telling them the details? During my secondary apps, I was not yet assigned to a specific school or even day so I might have sounded vague in my secondaries. Should I update all the schools letting them know more details about my assignment?

I wouldn't. Unless it is something more significant (i.e. Peace Corps, TFA etc.). I would assume that they would hold you to what you said you would do.

Yeah my portal says a decision has been made and I'll know in 30 days. It's probably a rejection since I wasn't really interested in it

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yeah my portal says a decision has been made and I'll know in 30 days. It's probably a rejection since I wasn't really interested in it

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

You can call them and find out.

So I interviewed here on the 23rd, and now my portal updated to "A decision has been made, and you will be mailed within 30 days."

Does this essentially mean waitlisted or rejected?

Got the letter in the mail: waitlisted .
ACOM>LECOM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I interviewed here on the 23rd, and now my portal updated to "A decision has been made, and you will be mailed within 30 days."

Does this essentially mean waitlisted or rejected?

It means a decision has been made. Mine said the same thing.

I marked my decision for the later date, but then emailed the main host for the II that I wanted to change to ED the day after the interview. He did not reply, but I have not received anything via portal...just says Adcoms making a decision and decision will be mailed.

When did you interview? Congrats on ACOM!

August 14th I think. To be honest, I went to this interview not knowing I would be accepted to ACOM. I got the acceptance call from ACOM a few days after my LECOM interview. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those of you accepted to LECOM B, what is the timeline for paying deposit then submitting immunizations, titers, background check, etc? Thanks in advance! Trying to get everything squared away asap.

For those of you accepted to LECOM B, what is the timeline for paying deposit then submitting immunizations, titers, background check, etc? Thanks in advance! Trying to get everything squared away asap.
Not accepted yet, but I interviewed on 8/14 and I believe they said you have 30 days from the date on the acceptance letter to pay the deposit. I would assume you have longer to provide the other info.

I marked my decision for the later date, but then emailed the main host for the II that I wanted to change to ED the day after the interview. He did not reply, but I have not received anything via portal...just says Adcoms making a decision and decision will be mailed.
If I were you I would just give them a call to make sure they received your email! They're always very helpful and friendly.

Not accepted yet, but I interviewed on 8/14 and I believe they said you have 30 days from the date on the acceptance letter to pay the deposit. I would assume you have longer to provide the other info.
Thank you very much! Good because I work two full time jobs so I've got to seriously plan ahead. Did they make a decision on your portal yet? You seem really cool and informative so I hope to see you there next summer!

Thank you very much! Good because I work two full time jobs so I've got to seriously plan ahead. Did they make a decision on your portal yet? You seem really cool and informative so I hope to see you there next summer!
No problem-- just don't quote me on it..see what other people who were accepted have to say. I just figured I would respond because most people aren't online at this time, this way you wouldn't have to wonder about it all night ;)

I didn't sign up for the early decision notification, so my portal just says "your app is under review post-interview. a decision will be mailed to you".

Thank you for the kind words!!

No problem-- just don't quote me on it..see what other people who were accepted have to say. I just figured I would respond because most people aren't online at this time, this way you wouldn't have to wonder about it all night ;)

I didn't sign up for the early decision notification, so my portal just says "your app is under review post-interview. a decision will be mailed to you".

Thank you for the kind words!!
Awh, you are so thoughtful!

I'll probably call in the AM also I just didn't want them to think I'm annoying for calling again because when I called to ask about accept/wait/reject there were too many emotions to remember all of my questions haha

is anyone else panned to interview on Monday, but probably going to have to postpone because of Irma?

is anyone else panned to interview on Monday, but probably going to have to postpone because of Irma?

If you haven't received any e-mail about the interview I would call today because based on forecasts Monday is currently expected to be the worst day for the Tampa/Sarasota area.

If you haven't received any e-mail about the interview I would call today because based on forecasts Monday is currently expected to be the worst day for the Tampa/Sarasota area.

Even if you can make it down here, people are evacuating and there is no gas (the pumps are all empty and people are running out of gas on the highway). Please consider rescheduling. The local universities are all closed till Tuesday.

yeah, they canceled Monday's interviews

If I were you I would just give them a call to make sure they received your email! They're always very helpful and friendly.
Would calling be fine on Monday even during the natural disaster stuff that's going on?

Would calling be fine on Monday even during the natural disaster stuff that's going on?
I'm not certain if they'll be able to answer on Monday. All classes at LECOM have been cancelled until next week so I'm unsure when faculty will be back on campus.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody wanna walk me through how you know your secondary is complwte for this school I find their portal rather unorganized

Login. Admissions tab. View admissions status. View admissions status (hyperlink). Choose campus in drop down.
If you are complete, it will be noted.

Interviewed 8/25/2017
Notified that decision had been made 9/5/2017
Received letter 9/12/2017 -- Accepted !

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 8/25/2017
Notified that decision had been made 9/5/2017
Received letter 9/12/2017 -- Accepted !

Was this early decision?
Congratulations!

Anyone else received decisions yet? I interviewed on 8/25 also and requested an early decision.