2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Guess this means we can expect another pull from the WL on Monday.

Jim&Pam4ever I wish you the best of luck wherever you go!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew for a more established school. Good luck

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, awesome! just making sure.
I wouldn't trust trollest on that, Rocketman520 never once said they were accepted, so I'm actually assuming they just withdrew from the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't trust trollest on that, Rocketman520 never once said they were accepted, so I'm actually assuming they just withdrew from the waitlist.
I withdrew from the waitlist. I never once said that I was accepted. :p

Hi, could anyone answer these please?

When is the orientation/white coat ceremony?

How long after acceptance did you receive financial aid information?

Have they decided on tuition?

Is it difficult to find an apartment in that area?

Thanks

I withdrew from the waitlist. I never once said that I was accepted. :p
Glad it worked out for you! I'm sitting with an acceptance at a different school that also opened this year. Contemplating which way I would go if I got off a wait list at a more established school. Haven't had to think about it too hard just yet.

Do y'all think the fb group is fairly accurate as far as numbers go?

Do y'all think the fb group is fairly accurate as far as numbers go?

There's probably a couple people who were accepted that don't have facebook or just don't want to be in the group for privacy reasons.

Looks like a couple more people were accepted off of waitlist, or at least finally joined the Facebook group as of this morning. Maybe more non-SDN users? Any other news from anybody?

Looks like a couple more people were accepted off of waitlist, or at least finally joined the Facebook group as of this morning. Maybe more non-SDN users? Any other news from anybody?
I wouldn't expect much more movement, as we're halfway through may now :/

Just withdrew from the alternate list as I am going to UCF. Hoping that helps one of you with waitlist movement soon :xf:

Reactions: 5 users
I know people who got accepted from the waitlist 2 days before classes started
Don’t think halfway through may means anything for waitlist movement but I could be wrong
I wouldn't expect much more movement, as we're halfway through may now :/

Reactions: 1 user
I know people who got accepted from the waitlist 2 days before classes started
Don’t think halfway through may means anything for waitlist movement but I could be wrong
Absolutely true, it does happen. But for most of us, anything after June 1st is slim.

Has anyone gotten any recent correspondence about scholarships and/or loans?

No scholarships yet. But I did get a fed unsub and grad plus loan package.

Were both packages automatically offered to you or did you have to fill out paperwork/talk to someone to get them? I have a fed unsub loan offer on my financial aid page but it's not even enough to cover tuition so I have to figure out more financial aid. I have to still fill out the authorization form and interview form but I'm wondering if that's enough to kickstart more aid offers or if I have to go start paperwork on my own for more aid like the grad plus.

Were both packages automatically offered to you or did you have to fill out paperwork/talk to someone to get them? I have a fed unsub loan offer on my financial aid page but it's not even enough to cover tuition so I have to figure out more financial aid. I have to still fill out the authorization form and interview form but I'm wondering if that's enough to kickstart more aid offers or if I have to go start paperwork on my own for more aid like the grad plus.

Mine doesn’t cover full tuition either I think the limit is less than full tuition. Grad plus for the rest I think. Don’t know how grad plus works I still have to figure that out. I actually didn’t get any gradplus loans yet

Start grad plus. Then if you do get scholarships you have 60 days after disbursement to return loan money. Essentially takesy backsies applies.

It seems like there's been no update/info on scholarships, should we just assume that there won't be any being offered to those accepted later in the cycle?

No I called recently and was told they are still going through scholarships. Didn't get much more info than that though :/

It seems like there's been no update/info on scholarships, should we just assume that there won't be any being offered to those accepted later in the cycle?
At 2nd look they said scholarship review will be a continuous, on going process for everyone. If you're not selected at one meeting you're still reviewed at the next.

I wonder how many people they have accepted so far after making the alternate list.

Just curious, I also got this email saying that I was "high on their waitlist" which I am assuming is the same thing as their alternate list. They asked if I wanted to stay on (which I replied yes to). I would think that there would be more movement, but not sure if they were giving out your ranks or anything like that?

Just curious, I also got this email saying that I was "high on their waitlist" which I am assuming is the same thing as their alternate list. They asked if I wanted to stay on (which I replied yes to). I would think that there would be more movement, but not sure if they were giving out your ranks or anything like that?

My email just asked if I wanted to be moved over to the "alternate list". Didn't say I was high on their waitlist or anything. Might be good news for you?

When did you receive that e-mail?

When did you receive that e-mail?
Yes, so I received this email May 16th, and I replied to it saying i was still interested that same day. The email came directly from Ms. Medina. The wording was exactly like this excerpt I took from the email:

"In preparation and in advance of the start of classes on July 30th, we wanted to inquire should an opening become available within the next couple of weeks and up until the beginning of classes, if you would still be interested in receiving an invitation of acceptance to the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program at Nova Southeastern University. You are among a group of candidates high on our waitlist for consideration and while we cannot predict if a position might become available we do expect seats to open up following upcoming deadlines. "

Yes, so I received this email May 16th, and I replied to it saying i was still interested that same day. The email came directly from Ms. Medina. The wording was exactly like this excerpt I took from the email:

"In preparation and in advance of the start of classes on July 30th, we wanted to inquire should an opening become available within the next couple of weeks and up until the beginning of classes, if you would still be interested in receiving an invitation of acceptance to the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program at Nova Southeastern University. You are among a group of candidates high on our waitlist for consideration and while we cannot predict if a position might become available we do expect seats to open up following upcoming deadlines. "

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread! This email was specifically for Nova's D.O. school ?

Yoooooo shootttttt, yes, I am in the wrong forum. Excuse my comments everyone! So sorry!!!

How many are left on the alternate list ?
Anyone call and find out how many spots are still available ?