2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many people on here are still on the alternate list ?
Has anyone called and got some useful info?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Given all the people posting the alternate list likely has a lot of people still. I think they will only have to pull a couple people by the end of July.. Low chances at this point.

I was accepted off the AL yesterday and declined for a place that was a better fit for me, so there is a spot still open.

Reactions: 5 users
If some one looking for furniture to move in please PM me. I have two beds, two printer and two chairs, two mattresses all in very good condition in storage next to Nova.

Just got my acceptance off the alternate list this morning. Should I have no hope for scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on this thread recently declined their acceptance?

I don’t understand why they can’t tell us how many people are currently on the alternate list and what our ranking is
How does that have any effect to them by disclosing that information ?
There’s a big difference in being #49 out of 50 students than #3 out of 7

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t understand why they can’t tell us how many people are currently on the alternate list and what our ranking is
How does that have any effect to them by disclosing that information ?
There’s a big difference in being #49 out of 50 students than #3 out of 7

Call them and ask them for an honest interpretation on your chances of getting in. If you tell them that you need the info so that you can plan for housing/moving next year they are more likely to help you. I called one of my other waitlist schools and they told me that they doubt I'll get in based on my position, which was a huge relief because now I don't have to worry about that school anymore.

Call them and ask them for an honest interpretation on your chances of getting in. If you tell them that you need the info so that you can plan for housing/moving next year they are more likely to help you. I called one of my other waitlist schools and they told me that they doubt I'll get in based on my position, which was a huge relief because now I don't have to worry about that school anymore.

have you tried calling Nova in the same way?

I haven't, not to be hypocritical, but because I'm already okay with my other acceptance that I don't need to know anymore.

so then have you taken yourself off of the alt list? Since you're happy with the other acceptance?

My friend called earlier in the week. Got told "sorry, we can reveal anything about the alternate list"

Is anyone here likely to decline their current acceptance/ waitlist position if they get off another waitlist?

Anyone know how I can get added to the facebook group?
If you search Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine Class of 2022 (ugh it’s so long lol) you should be able to find the page, and there should be a button to request joining the group. I don’t know if this has changed since they changed it from “Private” to “Secret” though. If you don’t see that you could email Sandra.

Never thought I'd be able to say this but....ACCEPTED OFF OF THE ALTERNATE LIST TODAY!!!! Will be attending!

Reactions: 9 users
Never thought I'd be able to say this but....ACCEPTED OFF OF THE ALTERNATE LIST TODAY!!!! Will be attending!

Congratulations! Were you offered any scholarships? How long did they give you to respond with a confirmation?

Reactions: 3 users
Who is the background check and drug screen done through? Trying to be proactive about my outstanding requirements

Who is the background check and drug screen done through? Trying to be proactive about my outstanding requirements
Castlebranch. You need MMR, Varicella, Hep B, 2 step TB and a physical exam from your physician.

Being late june, I think we reached the end of the road :(
Nah, people are still dropping their acceptances here. Just 2 days ago people were accepted lol- I dont think we can assume that just yet.

Nah, people are still dropping their acceptances here. Just 2 days ago people were accepted lol- I dont think we can assume that just yet.

correct however there is a lower likelihood there are spots available for those currently on the alt list. I think there is still a ton of people on the alt list .... not sure exactly even though there was movement, not sure how much movement is left considering time is running out.
Would not hold my breath at this point.

Do you guys think its a good idea to call and ask for updates or should we just wait and see?

We got an email late yesterday with the schedule for the first few days.