2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many are left on the alternate list ?
Anyone call and find out how many spots are still available ?

Probably a lot of people on the alternate list and not many spots left in the class based on the facebook group. I think there will continue to be gradual movement throughout June and July until orientation in August though.

Someone should go ahead and email/call though.

Members don't see this ad.

Was everyone who interviewed receive a waitlist spot ?
It appeared so. They did send out many rejections to people on the waitlist after traffic day. I believe everyone on the waitlist at the point was offered a position on the alternate list, but who knows how many responded.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any luck with calling? Tried to, but was not given a lot of information on movement or size of alternative list.

Anyone have any luck with calling? Tried to, but was not given a lot of information on movement or size of alternative list.

It's probably full already and now we have to wait for the trickle of people dropping for other acceptances.

What did they say to you when you called?
They said the committee is still meeting to go over perspective applicants and that the class is not full yet. The wait list will move as people decline and opt to go to other schools.

Would be nice to know how many people are on the alternative list though seeing that everyone not accepted was placed on the wait list. All we know of is that one rejection wave that happened a few weeks back.

Reactions: 1 users
They said the committee is still meeting to go over perspective applicants and that the class is not full yet. The wait list will move as people decline and opt to go to other schools.

Would be nice to know how many people are on the alternative list though seeing that everyone not accepted was placed on the wait list. All we know of is that one rejection wave that happened a few weeks back.

Wow thanks for clarifying this. Guess we still have a chance especially as the Florida MD schools continue to pull people off the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks for the information. I wonder how many spots they have left

Thanks for the information. I wonder how many spots they have left
Same, I also wonder if the class isn’t full because people have dropped from the full class since the above poster called and the committee hasn’t met again yet, or if they have some reasoning behind leaving open spots and seemingly only taking off the WL as people take other acceptances

Any new updates on the fb group, or in general?

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s over
I called in they said class is full
Call in and see what they say
Of course it is full, it’s the end of May, but that doesn’t mean acceptances will stop. Few spots will continue to open up as waitlists at other schools move.

It’s over
I called in they said class is full
Call in and see what they say

We still have all of June and July for some more waitlist movement before orientation in August, even though it may only be a couple more people...

We still have all of June and July for some more waitlist movement before orientation in August, even though it may only be a couple more people...

White coat ceremony is July 28th and classes start July 30th for orientation just FYI

White coat ceremony is July 28th and classes start July 30th for orientation just FYI

Thanks for clarifying that. We just have the rest of June and July for some more people to withdraw.

Rejected from alternate list and I also sent a letter of intent before May 1st. But I am very happy with the school I am planning to attend. Everything happens for a reason :happy:

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder how many people are left on the alternate list

Did the people that just got rejected respond YES to the alternate list/waitlist email?

Aaannnndddd no scholarship money for me :(
Wonder how many people actually ended up getting one ._.

Does that mean the class is finally full? Now that all scholarships have been awarded?

Does that mean the class is finally full? Now that all scholarships have been awarded?

Definitely. But there's still ~2 months till class starts so a couple more might drop.

Aaannnndddd no scholarship money for me :(
Wonder how many people actually ended up getting one ._.
Me neither... hey brightside is we're going to medical school!

Yeah thrilled and terrified in equal amounts but that ~100K COA is still a pretty bitter pill to swallow
I know. I know. Just do good on your step 1, and in classes and you'll match well and pay it off eventually. It'll be okay.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah thrilled and terrified in equal amounts but that ~100K COA is still a pretty bitter pill to swallow
I thought it was only 90,000 per year for OOS? Did they change it? Also, as people drop, will they consider newly accepted applicants for scholarship money?

They sent an email informing us that all scholarship monies have been awarded. Not everyone got one.

So did you end up getting a full ride :D?

EDIT: Woah COA is 100k? How much is tuition? Cost of living isn't that bad down here that you need 100k unless tuition is insane.

So did you end up getting a full ride :D?

EDIT: Woah COA is 100k? How much is tuition? Cost of living isn't that bad down here that you need 100k unless tuition is insane.
53k for in state, 60k for oos. Weird there is a difference seeing as it's a private school and all.

I remember during my interview they said that they would have some residency spots reserved for us at nova affiliate hospitals. I havent heard any information about this since. Anyone else have any information about this?

I'm guessing 200

Gotta be less than that... they already had 2 rejection waves off the waitlist and alternate list. Only a small portion of people actually report on SDN. What would be the point in keeping that many people on the alternate list, they will probably only accept ~5 more people at this point until class starts (no more than 10 MAX if a ton of people withdraw for some reason). Also some people on the waitlist already have other MD acceptances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Gotta be less than that... they already had 2 rejection waves off the waitlist and alternate list. Only a small portion of people actually report on SDN. What would be the point in keeping that many people on the alternate list, they will probably only accept ~5 more people at this point until class starts (no more than 10 MAX if a ton of people withdraw for some reason). Also some people on the waitlist already have other MD acceptances.
I'm guessing 200
200?!!! Damn ... even if it’s 100 or 50 people at this point that’s way too much for a waitlist

I remember during my interview they said that they would have some residency spots reserved for us at nova affiliate hospitals. I havent heard any information about this since. Anyone else have any information about this?
Was this about residency spots or rotation sites for 3rd-4th years?