You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So strange I submitted my secondary on 11/19 and did not receive a completion email.Just received confirmation that they have received my secondary! Hopefully I'll hear back within 2-3 weeks.
Primary submission: 10/28
Secondary received: 11/18
Secondary submission: 11/27
So many people could benefit from this advice.
V true haha. Also, seemingly random question here, but did you have to do anything after submission since you were a FAP applicant? I didn't know if we had to email admissions or anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1So strange I submitted my secondary on 11/19 and did not receive a completion email.
V true haha. Also, seemingly random question here, but did you have to do anything after submission since you were a FAP applicant? I didn't know if we had to email admissions or anything
It said on the end of the secondary that we didn't have to worry about it.
Secondary submitted 11/24. Complete email 11/28.
the random nature of these completion emails is throwing me off
Me too... never got a completion email, submitted 11/15... it's definitely anxiety-producing.the random nature of these completion emails is throwing me off
Wait, so someone on Reddit said that all those admitted to the DO school before December 1 are also given the option of attending the MD school. Is this true? I would imagine that they could fill a pretty huge portion of the inaugural class that way.
Eh that might be the entire inaugural class.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Then who would attend their DO school? Doesnt really make sense to me. I'm thinking it will be a lot easier to fill a MD class than a DO classWait, so someone on Reddit said that all those admitted to the DO school before December 1 are also given the option of attending the MD school. Is this true? I would imagine that they could fill a pretty huge portion of the inaugural class that way.
Then who would attend their DO school? Doesnt really make sense to me. I'm thinking it will be a lot easier to fill a MD class than a DO class
Yeah, it doesn't really make sense to me. But more than one person on reddit has said they were offered acceptance at the MD school after being admitted to the DO school. I get the sense that it may not be *everyone* accepted before December 1, and rather just a few select students. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain they've already accepted >50 students to the DO school, and thus would be able to fill their class entirely based on that (assuming a solid # aren't super set on being DOs).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait, so someone on Reddit said that all those admitted to the DO school before December 1 are also given the option of attending the MD school. Is this true? I would imagine that they could fill a pretty huge portion of the inaugural class that way.
This would be very unsettling if true
This would be very unsettling if true
I agree. Somewhat less than fair too, given that someone would have gotten accepted to an allopathic program (and an osteopathic) without possibly paying for an AMCAS submission. I guess someone should probably ask admissions this...
sounds shady....
Posted on the Nova DO thread and I can at least say now that it definitely wasn't a blanket thing where all applicants accepted early were given the option of attending the MD school. In fact, nobody on SDN has said that they were given that offer. So, for all we know, it may have just been trolls on reddit. Not too sure at this point.
Wut. I'm hoping this is untrue, otherwise I would've appreciated more transparency on NSU's part. There are only 50 MD spots. What would be left over for the MD applicants to interview for? Haha.
Posted on the Nova DO thread and I can at least say now that it definitely wasn't a blanket thing where all applicants accepted early were given the option of attending the MD school. In fact, nobody on SDN has said that they were given that offer. So, for all we know, it may have just been trolls on reddit. Not too sure at this point.
Sounds like trolls. I was one of the first students to be accepted to NOVA (I interviewed in August. That's how early it was) and not such thing was offered to me nor some other colleagues I interviewed with. People trying to rile things up.
8
885100
Now y'all got me searching the net to see if DO students are given preference to the new MD program... makes no sense.
I'm gonna be conservative and say the most likely scenario is that they probably offered like 5-10 DO applicants MD offers. I'm not exactly sure how the logistics for that would work without those applicants submitting an AMCAS application, but I don't really know why anyone would lie about that.
Was complete 11/20 and just got an II today (11/30). That's pretty fast turnaround.
Issue is that they scheduled me Dec 8 which is the same day as another medical school interview for me. Is there no flexibility?
Issue is that they scheduled me Dec 8 which is the same day as another medical school interview for me. Is there no flexibility?
Congrats!! I was complete 11/11, I guess they passed over me.Was complete 11/20 and just got an II today (11/30). That's pretty fast turnaround.
Issue is that they scheduled me Dec 8 which is the same day as another medical school interview for me. Is there no flexibility?

Same. FeelsbadmanCongrats!! I was complete 11/11, I guess they passed over me.![]()

+1Congrats!! I was complete 11/11, I guess they passed over me.![]()
joining the skipped over club
I don't think its true. They have no reason to do it. I'm sure they will receive more than enough applications without digging into the DO school pool. The only benefit to them is that they save time by quickly filling the class, but they would be losing money by not getting that secondary fee from them.Nah the guy who posted that on reddit never even bothered to offer proof.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you mind sharing your stats?
3.7/510/nontrad
Also in the silence squad. Completed on 11/15 but no complete email. Lizzy M ~70. Sadness.
Submitted secondary on 11/28, received complete email on 11/29.
Maybe they only started sending out complete emails recently?
Maybe they only started sending out complete emails recently?
Is it a file complete email? or secondary received?Submitted secondary on 11/28, received complete email on 11/29.
Maybe they only started sending out complete emails recently?
Also in the silence squad. Completed on 11/15 but no complete email. Lizzy M ~70. Sadness.
I never got a complete email before my II so don't lose hope, friend.
Last edited:
Me too. I wonder what they're looking for in their applicants. I clearly don't have it, whatever it is. 😕joining the skipped over club
Is it a file complete email? or secondary received?
Oh I'm not sure LOL this is what it says:
Dear stampofapproval,
Thank you for completing and submitting your secondary application for the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine. The Office of Admissions has received your application and queued it for review by our screening committee. You should receive a decision regarding your candidacy within 2-3 weeks.
If selected for an interview, you will receive the invitation via email, so please be sure to add “nova.edu” to your trusted recipients list in your email inbox.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our Admissions Coordinator, Ms. Jamie Reid, at [email protected].
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Office of Admissions
Nova Southeastern University
College of Allopathic Medicine
When did you submit your secondary app? I submitted mine on 11/22/2017 but have not received a complete email.
I should clarify, I did not receive a complete email. I submitted my secondary on the 24th.
Isn't that just the message on the screen after you submit? Or you actually got this as a seperate email?Oh I'm not sure LOL this is what it says:
Dear stampofapproval,
Thank you for completing and submitting your secondary application for the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine. The Office of Admissions has received your application and queued it for review by our screening committee. You should receive a decision regarding your candidacy within 2-3 weeks.
If selected for an interview, you will receive the invitation via email, so please be sure to add “nova.edu” to your trusted recipients list in your email inbox.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our Admissions Coordinator, Ms. Jamie Reid, at [email protected].
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Office of Admissions
Nova Southeastern University
College of Allopathic Medicine
Isn't that just the message on the screen after you submit? Or you actually got this as a seperate email?
I got it as a separate email one day after I submitted my secondary!
Isn't that just the message on the screen after you submit? Or you actually got this as a seperate email?
It's essentially the same message right after you submit. They just also sent it officially in a separate email for our own reference.
+1 Interview Offers 🙂
They were lengthy but not at the maximum length. Most were about 3700 characters of a maximum 4000. But I have a tendency to be on the longer end of all of the prompts. Just my writing style.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can re-confirm that you're okay if you didn't get the complete email. Emailed the admissions address yesterday asking if my file really was complete, and they said it was. Neuroticism for the win!
For those of you with interviews, how long were your essays?
I think most of mine were like 1-2k characters. One might've been closer to 3k but most of mine were pretty short
Was complete 11/20 and just got an II today (11/30). That's pretty fast turnaround.
Issue is that they scheduled me Dec 8 which is the same day as another medical school interview for me. Is there no flexibility?
I'm having same exact problem. Scheduled on Dec 8. I emailed them and haven't heard back. Have you heard anything?
I'm having same exact problem. Scheduled on Dec 8. I emailed them and haven't heard back. Have you heard anything?
Tried calling a few times today (like 6) over several hours and no one answered. I just emailed as well
Just to update, they were very accommodating and allowed me to change dates!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K