You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone have any idea what a PBL Environment is?
Does anyone have any idea what a PBL Environment is?
Took a PBL science course in UG, which was supposed to mimic our medical school's PBL. We had a group of 8 and each week we were given a write-up with questions to help guide our learning. We looked it all up and shared it with the group and went forward with our presentation from there. My professor really didn't do anything but grade our presentations, so I'm not sure if it'll be any different in medical school.
Addendum: secondary rec'd
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please provide an example that indicates your ability to function effectively as a productive member of a team working toward a common objective. Elaborate on leadership roles you held in this capacity and how you solved problems that arose. Indicate highlights learned from this experience. (Maximum 4000 characters)
Please share some personal examples of problem solving in a team environment and/or leadership experience that would lead to your success in a PBL environment. (Maximum 4000 characters)
Can someone explain wtf the difference between these two questions are? It sounds nearly identical
Can someone explain wtf the difference between these two questions are? It sounds nearly identical
Lol, I thought the same thing when I started writing. I think they are identical but prompt 2 extends the question. Where prompt 1 is talk about experience -> talk about what you learned, prompt 2 is talk about experience -> talk about what you learned -> talk about how this will help in a PBL style classroom.
Did you type up near the max word count?Secondary submitted! Interested to see what the turn around is going to be. LizzyM 71.
Did you type up near the max word count?
Of course not! Average across all essays is probably around 2k characters. I highly doubt they expect you to write 6+ 4k character essays. I'm of the belief that you're better off writing a solid 1-2k character essay than a bloated, fluff-filled 3-4k character one.
Di you receive an email after submissionLol, I thought the same thing when I started writing. I think they are identical but prompt 2 extends the question. Where prompt 1 is talk about experience -> talk about what you learned, prompt 2 is talk about experience -> talk about what you learned -> talk about how this will help in a PBL style classroom.
i just submitted as well but I have FAP and I did not pay the fee.
Di you receive an email after submission
i just submitted as well but I have FAP and I did not pay the fee.
I didn't get an email when I submitted either. Was considering calling them on Monday. .
Secondary submitted, did anyone get a confirmation email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Keep me updated. I will try to call back on monday as well while at workI didn't get an email when I submitted either. Was considering calling them on Monday. .
.
Anyone else submit the primary the first day and still waiting on a secondary? I'm kind of upset I haven't gotten one yet🙁 with a LM of 70ish, I'm surprised I haven't heard anything yet... especially because I doubt they screen? Man, I was really hoping to be ahead of the curve on this one..
Do they screen prior to sending the secondary?Anyone else submit the primary the first day and still waiting on a secondary? I'm kind of upset I haven't gotten one yet🙁 with a LM of 70ish, I'm surprised I haven't heard anything yet... especially because I doubt they screen? Man, I was really hoping to be ahead of the curve on this one..
Sent from my SM-A300H using SDN mobile
Secondary received just now.
Do you guys think number 6, "Were you employed full-time (or part-time) during your undergraduate or graduate years?" includes gap years without being enrolled in school after graduating from undergrad
No
Do you guys think number 6, "Were you employed full-time (or part-time) during your undergraduate or graduate years?" includes gap years without being enrolled in school after graduating from undergrad
What if, during one semester, a job WAS your semester (class credit awarded for the job)? I understand this probably isn’t what they’re looking for, but I’m leaning towards yes because it was employment and it was during my enrollment as a student.
I'm sure others may feel differently, but I'm of the opinion that it couldn't hurt to note that. I would probably just keep it concise if it's something that is already elaborated upon previously in your application. Again, I can't say for sure but I guess a phone call or email couldn't hurt to confirm this.What if, during one semester, a job WAS your semester (class credit awarded for the job)? I understand this probably isn’t what they’re looking for, but I’m leaning towards yes because it was employment and it was during my enrollment as a student.
It's tough sometimes to find that line between trying to elaborate on your experiences and not worrying about getting docked for incorrectly interpreting directions I guess
Did anyone call about FAP?
Did anyone call about FAP?
No I assumed they would just apply it because it says that you don't have to submit a payment if you are a FAP recipient
Finally finished my secondary! Sent primary 10/28, didn't receive secondary until 11/10... and I just had some major mental block about the first two questions until now. Of all the times, I had a breakthrough moment in the shower today, and immediately ran down and finished my secondary and submitted.
What is it about the shower that's so awesome for promoting deep thoughts, anyway?
What is it about the shower that's so awesome for promoting deep thoughts, anyway?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They received my Secondary, no confirmation email.@Jupstar and @footballa did y'all end up calling or getting a confirmation email?
Edit: nevermind
Last edited:
Weird, but good for you! I submitted Saturday evening (11/11) and received no confirmation yet. When did you submit?I received a confirmation email early this morning.
But did you get notified that the school has received your secondary?Weird, but good for you! I submitted Saturday evening (11/11) and received no confirmation yet. When did you submit?
Nope. No email received post submitting secondary and paying the fee. I am positive it was submitted because when I click the link they sent in the initial email, my answers are already filled in!But did you get notified that the school has received your secondary?
Nope. No email received post submitting secondary and paying the fee. I am positive it was submitted because when I click the link they sent in the initial email, my answers are already filled in!
Same here, no email confirmation but received the message after submission of fee payment.
Thank you for your payment. Please retain a copy of this message for your records. Your secondary application will be processed and forwarded to the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU M.D. College), and then screened by NSU M.D. College for interview consideration.
You will receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission. If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please contact admissions at [email protected]. Good luck, and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.
You will receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission. If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please contact admissions at [email protected]. Good luck, and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.
submitted secondary on the 10th and no confirmation email, I got the same thing after payment.Same here, no email confirmation but received the message after submission of fee payment.
Thank you for your payment. Please retain a copy of this message for your records. Your secondary application will be processed and forwarded to the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU M.D. College), and then screened by NSU M.D. College for interview consideration.
You will receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission. If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please contact admissions at [email protected]. Good luck, and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.
Same here, no email confirmation but received the message after submission of fee payment.
Thank you for your payment. Please retain a copy of this message for your records. Your secondary application will be processed and forwarded to the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU M.D. College), and then screened by NSU M.D. College for interview consideration.
You will receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission. If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please contact admissions at [email protected]. Good luck, and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.
I never noticed that "determination" kicker. I'm curious to see if that actually happens...
Jk guys i may be wrong here. I hadn't heard much about nova before applying and after some research I decided to apply to both programs at the same time. I thought the email was the allopathic confirmation but it may have been the osteopathic confirmation. It didn't specify which school it was and the file attached to the email was corrupted but I'm leaning towards it being the DO school.
I can't motivate myself to fill out this secondary
It definitely is a long secondary and the questions seem to overlap.I can't motivate myself to fill out this secondary
Completed the secondary today.
Btw, for FAP approved applicants, I believe you just submit and you're done (at least that what it seems like the app said)-can anyone confirm?
Btw, for FAP approved applicants, I believe you just submit and you're done (at least that what it seems like the app said)-can anyone confirm?
+1Completed the secondary today.
Btw, for FAP approved applicants, I believe you just submit and you're done (at least that what it seems like the app said)-can anyone confirm?
Did anyone ever get a confirmation upon submitting?
I
I haven' gotten one either and I submitted 11/10Did anyone ever get a confirmation upon submitting?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NoDid anyone ever get a confirmation upon submitting?
This might help answer your question
Your Gift Furthers Human Health | College of Allopathic Medicine
If you click on "student support", it seems that inaugural scholarships are a priority!
anyone hopeful that they actually meant the 2-3 week review process? seems optimistic
anyone hopeful that they actually meant the 2-3 week review process? seems optimistic
Considering Thanksgiving, VERY optimistic.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K