2017-2018 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - Georgia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A link to pay the deposit just showed up today on mine.
Same. I was accepted off the waitlist last week as well. Super excited!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted too, but as I stated earlier, I will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Would our fantastic acceptees in this thread mind sharing yall's stats?

Here ya go

Interviewed and Accepted 10/2017

cGPA 3.86
sGPA 3.85
MCAT 508
OOS (Knoxville, Tennessee), Non-trad, 27m
Eagle Scout with 150 hour community project
3 years as a licensed and board certified Medical Laboratory Scientist
40+ Hours shadowing family physicians (MD/DO)
40+ Hours Clinical Volunteering at a Pain Management Center
200+ Hours (and counting) Non-Clinical Volunteering at an Equine Therapeutic Riding Facility working with at-risk children/adults with various disabilities (autism, neurological impairments, down's syndrome, veterans, etc).
Letters:
-1 from equine therapy volunteer coordinator
-1 from Clinical Laboratory Science program director from my undergraduate school
-Letter packet from 3 Science Faculty at undergraduate program
-1 from MD I shadowed (I actually work for his company, in the clinical laboratory, which is how I met him)

Reactions: 1 user
Fantastic MCAT! Did you apply to MD schools as well? Have you gotten any other acceptances? Is GA PCOM your backup/fallback school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Fantastic MCAT! Did you apply to MD schools as well? Have you gotten any other acceptances? Is GA PCOM your backup/fallback school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I pm'd you. Long story.

But essentially, GA-PCOM is my top choice. I was very close to an MD acceptance last year but could not get off the waitlist. This year I applied much more broadly.

Last edited:

cGPA 3.94
sGPA 3.99
MCAT 510

OOS, traditional applicant. I had a few hours shadowing an MD ED doc and a ped surg doc abroad. Also have a week of Global medical aide volunteering in Honduras, several coauthorships and a poster for a neuroscience lab, 100> hours of hospital volunteering, and an officer position for a campus organization. Chose GA-PCOM over two instate DO schools :).

Reactions: 1 users
cGPA 3.94
sGPA 3.99
MCAT 510

OOS, traditional applicant. I had a few hours shadowing an MD ED doc and a ped surg doc abroad. Also have a week of Global medical aide volunteering in Honduras, several coauthorships and a poster for a neuroscience lab, 100> hours of hospital volunteering, and an officer position for a campus organization. Chose GA-PCOM over two instate DO schools :).
Are you one of those rare SDNers who simply prefer the DO route and have no interest in pursuing an MD? Just curious because most people with those stats would apply to both, but I've only ever seen you post in the DO section.

I'm not comfortable sharing my exact stats, but they're veryyyyy similar to ronglo's. I feel like I need to provide a disclaimer that I'm not actually going here anymore, but I don't think it matters since the question didn't specify acceptees who are actually matriculating here lol.

Does anyone know how to login to the my.Pcom site?

Accepted but will be declining my offer. LizzyM 64 Interviewed in December 2017

Does anyone know how to login to the my.Pcom site?
There should be an email in your inbox from GA-PCOM with your username and password for it. It usually comes after paying your deposit.

cGPA 3.94
sGPA 3.99
MCAT 510

Wow. Great stats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you one of those rare SDNers who simply prefer the DO route and have no interest in pursuing an MD? Just curious because most people with those stats would apply to both, but I've only ever seen you post in the DO section.

I'm not comfortable sharing my exact stats, but they're veryyyyy similar to ronglo's. I feel like I need to provide a disclaimer that I'm not actually going here anymore, but I don't think it matters since the question didn't specify acceptees who are actually matriculating here lol.

I applied to both MD and DO!

Undergrad (philosophy & bio) - cGPA: 3.11 / sGPA: 3.18
Grad (Physiology) - GPA: 3.78
MCAT: 505

About 1500 volunteer hours (I worked with a non-profit); 700 shadowing hours (I did an internship with a general/trauma surgery team for a semester); taught medical physiology for 7 semesters. Those were the major points.

I love how rich and diverse our ECs are, really looks like an amazing incoming class! :D

cGPA: 3.94
sGPA: 3.94
MCAT: 500, 498
EC’s: ~300 hours as an emergency department scribe, ~300 hours as a research associate, 2 research projects in undergrad, (1 poster, no pubs ~700 hours), ~150 hours of volunteering

cGPA: 3.94
sGPA: 3.94
MCAT: 500, 498
EC’s: ~300 hours as an emergency department scribe, ~300 hours as a research associate, 2 research projects in undergrad, (1 poster, no pubs ~700 hours), ~150 hours of volunteering
Has anybody accepted around 5/10 received their acceptance packet in the mail yet?

No, only 30 mins away. Hmm I wonder what's going on with my mail.
Yeah that's weird, I live about an hour away... you should call the school if you don't get anything by next Monday

What do we select for the school and program when going through the PreCheck background check website? I did not see an option for 1st year DO at GA-PCOM.

Edit: Also is there a way for them to accept final transcripts online?

What do we select for the school and program when going through the PreCheck background check website? I did not see an option for 1st year DO at GA-PCOM.

Edit: Also is there a way for them to accept final transcripts online?

You have to type "PCOM Med DO First Year Students" then the option for you to select the program will be in the drop down menu.

Also, according to the pre-matriculation reqs on the my PCOM site they say that you have to mail it to a specific address. Not sure if they will change that. Maybe give them a call and get that clarified.

Anyone going to the welcome Luncheon?

Does anyone have insight on this luncheon? I’d have to drive ~7hrs and I was wondering if it would be worth the trip/hotel room.
I'm in the same situation. I'm 7-8ish hours away and would like some insight on whether attending the luncheon is worth it.

I'm going... but I'm also only 30 minutes away. I'm sure it will be the standard awkward meet 'n mingle with some ham sandwiches.

Hi everyone,

I was recently accepted here but I am trying to decline my offer. Is there any way to actually decline the offer/withdraw the acceptance, or do we just not pay the deposit by the deadline to decline our offer?

Thanks in ahead for anyone that helps!

Hi everyone,

I was recently accepted here but I am trying to decline my offer. Is there any way to actually decline the offer/withdraw the acceptance, or do we just not pay the deposit by the deadline to decline our offer?

Send an email, ASAP.

Hi everyone,

Hi,
I would email and call. If you call, the staff is very friendly and helpful. I am waitlisted for this school and it is my 1st choice medical school. I am really hoping to get accepted. The sooner anyone that knows they don’t want to go here declined their unwanted offer, the sooner a hopeful like myself can get this seat that they really want. I appreciate the fact that you understand this and are asking for help to do this. Wish you all the best with everything.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have insight on this luncheon? I’d have to drive ~7hrs and I was wondering if it would be worth the trip/hotel room.

I'm in the same situation. I'm 7-8ish hours away and would like some insight on whether attending the luncheon is worth it.

Personally, I did the luncheon and drove 8 hours (live 400 miles away). I felt it was worth it.

The luncheon is pretty average. There is a bunch of tables in the atrium and you hear a couple professors and students speak about the school.

Personally, I felt it was worth it because of several things.
Made connections with 2nd years told me exactly the kind of stuff that isn't explicitly stated by the school. what to buy and not to buy the summer before school started. They helped me determine which apartments medical students are signing at. I met a couple classmates. Signed an apartment ( I personally needed to see the room in person before I could confidently sign). Lastly it kinda got me psyched to start medical school and finally be a medical student.

Hi,
I would email and call. If you call, the staff is very friendly and helpful. I am waitlisted for this school and it is my 1st choice medical school. I am really hoping to get accepted. The sooner anyone that knows they don’t want to go here declined their unwanted offer, the sooner a hopeful like myself can get this seat that they really want. I appreciate the fact that you understand this and are asking for help to do this. Wish you all the best with everything.
I tried calling but no one picked up. However I just emailed them to withdraw my acceptance. Best of luck!

Im assuming the waitlist movement has slowed considerably since nobody has really posted much of anything in this thread. For those of you that have been waitlisted for more than a few months and earlier, have you guys heard anything? Should I take this as a “silent rejection?”

Im assuming the waitlist movement has slowed considerably since nobody has really posted much of anything in this thread. For those of you that have been waitlisted for more than a few months and earlier, have you guys heard anything? Should I take this as a “silent rejection?”
When I spoke to a staff member from the Admissions Office, I was told that they can send acceptances up until the week of orientation. I am really hoping that whoever wants to go to another school more than this one, gets accepted to their higher choice making way for hopefulls like us whose 1st or top choice is this school.

Slowed down, yes. Stopped, no.
I know somebody who was pulled from the waitlist during orientation week a couple of years ago. I'm not saying it's likely, but definitely possible.

I interviewed in November and it took them until mid-January to let me know I was waitlisted (for a while I honestly thought they just lost all of my interview notes/application). I figured they weren’t interested in me and was starting to accept that they weren’t going to accept me. But I still have small hope that maybe that could change. But judging by this thread it seems that a lot of people have been accepted off the waitlist already so the seats available are likely dwindling.

Does this school rank its students?

So I just got an email saying they received my request to withdraw from the class....but I never requested it. Kind of freaking out, but I'll have to call them first thing in the morning.

So I just got an email saying they received my request to withdraw from the class....but I never requested it. Kind of freaking out, but I'll have to call them first thing in the morning.
Did they get that sorted out?

Did they get that sorted out?
Yeah talked GA Admissions yesterday. The email I received was actually from main campus admissions, but it stated that I withdrew from GA campus. I can't login to myPCOM anymore, but GA Admissions reassured me that I am still enrolled on their end and they'll be working with main campus to fix the issue. They said it was a very strange incident, but I'm glad they were able to calm down my nerves. I was definitely overreacting lol.

Yeah talked GA Admissions yesterday. The email I received was actually from main campus admissions, but it stated that I withdrew from GA campus. I can't login to myPCOM anymore, but GA Admissions reassured me that I am still enrolled on their end and they'll be working with main campus to fix the issue. They said it was a very strange incident, but I'm glad they were able to calm down my nerves. I was definitely overreacting lol.
No definitely you weren't overreacting.

Me and my girlfriend both withdrew our acceptances. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody know how the waitlist movement is looking like so far? Ive been waitlisted for like 4 months now. Ive been waiting for this long expecting the school to make a decision by now but in truth, I would rather the school tell me now that my application has been rejected than have to tell me late in the application cycle that I have been accepted. Ive heard horror stories about people being accepted a few days before classes are scheduled to begin. Im starting to resent this whole application process.

Anybody know how the waitlist movement is looking like so far? Ive been waitlisted for like 4 months now. Ive been waiting for this long expecting the school to make a decision by now but in truth, I would rather the school tell me now that my application has been rejected than have to tell me late in the application cycle that I have been accepted. Ive heard horror stories about people being accepted a few days before classes are scheduled to begin. Im starting to resent this whole application process.

Based on this thread, several people got off the waitlist in the past few weeks. I totally feel you on this though. I've been waitlisted for a few months now as well and it's honestly really stressful at this point in the cycle to not know whether you will get accepted or not. I called the school but they weren't able to give me much information about the current status of the waitlist movement, except the fact that we can hear from them up until the first week of school. I'm praying seats in the class open up so we have a chance! Although I'm trying to be pragmatic at this point, I'm also trying to keep some hope because you never know! We just have to stay positive because it's not over till its over! Really hoping things work out for those of us on the WL :)

A lot of people (myself included) have come off the waitlist. They can only waitlist so many applicants, so the WL numbers have to be dwindling. We're still in the period where things like financial aid or moving long distances can trip some people up and they end up withdrawing. And who will be there to take their seat? You.
Anything is still possible until classes start.

D.O. Class of 2022

Have faith friends! Sadly I want to say at least 5 people were pulled off the waitlist the month before classes started. At least one was pulled the week before.

You just gotta be ready to have your number called but prepare for the next application cycle just in case.

Prove them wrong for doubting you when you get your chance. 2 of the people I mentioned earlier are at the top 10 quartile in the class.

Reactions: 3 users